PSSD Caused By Pituitary Adenoma

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
rmichaelballow

PSSD Caused By Pituitary Adenoma

Unread post by rmichaelballow »

Hi all.

I came across a peculiar case of a patient presenting classical PSSD symptoms, which ended up being caused by a 4MM pituitary adenoma, that was functionally secreting high levels of prolactin, at the posterior portion of the pituitary gland.

The video herein presents this case, the resolution of the PSSD, and a few important points, which I'll lay out below:

1. PSSD can be present without the former or current use of an SSRI.
2. There are many root cause(s) of PSSD.
3. Dopamine, and dopaminergic function is usually a central problem in PSSD.
4. Testosterone/Estradiol does play a role, despite you having "normal" or in range labs.
5. Most prevailing theories are incorrect. I have yet to see the 5HT1A receptor (or Serotonin in general) be at the root of PSSD.
6. Addressing accusations of "Ryan Ballow PSSD Scam."
7. The, to date, most successful approaches (in my view) to resolving PSSD.
8. Full biochemical discussion of PSSD, and its mechanisms.

I hope I can give some of you some perspective on what I've seen, dealing w/ PSSD for many years now, and some (what I've found to be) critical takeaways/distinctions, to move forward in resolving the condition.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTFjS7MZa3o

I welcome discussion, and will respond when I can.

Thanks.
fellow1

Re: PSSD Caused By Pituitary Adenoma

Unread post by fellow1 »

so just test prolactin levels , which in 90% of cases will be within range.
frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8

Unread post by frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 »

I agree with fellow1, high-prolactin-induced sexual dysfunction is not pssd. I have written about this. https://www.reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/wnekvi/
I have sent a pm to Ryan Ballow quite some time ago, and after seeing this post by him I finally logged in to check his response. I believe I had a set of specific questions to ask but my memory is shit and I cannot remember what I wanted to ask. I invited him to message me on discord for discussion and he did not accept it. He also gave me medical advice on pm which I did not ask for. Now I would like to ask you Ryan:
How come there is not a single positive review about your “pssd recovery” (now “bioengineering”) service on these forums? I am not talking of people who use their real names, I am talking about people who are mostly anonymous but many of them are very well known in the community. Every time someone talks negatively about you, they are somehow not qualified enough for this, according to you. Your “pssd recovery” service cost starts at USD 2394, meanwhile there is no official medical education of you, and there is zero evidence of any positive result from your consultations (your own claims don’t count), and there are zero guarantees of anything at all. So no wonder so few people are working with you. You claimed that you have worked with people on pssd for free. How about reviews from those people? And what are you asking people to have? “Compliance”? “Trust the process”? These things (which I didn’t even have in large amounts) destroyed my life. People get their health ruined by a singular extremely widely-used chemical prescribed by someone with 10+ years of official medical education because they *complied*. Now you think they are going to comply with medical advice with tons of exotic compounds from a guy who ran business of fixing Apple device touchscreens? You called this forum “Nothing but angry, negative, dogmatic dudes”. What gives you right to talk like this?
rmichaelballow

fellow1 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:43 am so just test prolactin levels , which in 90% of cases will be within range.
This is exactly what I didn't say. I specify very clearly in the video, that high prolactin isn't the "cause" of PSSD. But a prolactinoma was the cause of THIS individual case. One of the major points in the video was: the myopic view of "THIS ONE THING CAUSES PSSD" isn't serving anyone, which is exactly what seems to be filtering though this comment. It's doing everyone an injustice. I also specified various other causes, and proclaimed various other theories are inaccurate. Please watch the video in its entirety. You misread my intentions and post as "prolactin is the cause of PSSD," which, again, is in large part, what I am NOT saying. The point of the video was to show people that PSSD, whether SSRI induced or otherwise, is NOT caused by one singular mechanism, and that in this particular case, a pituitary tumor, WITHOUT the use of an SSRI, caused a syndrome 100% identical to PSSD.
Last edited by rmichaelballow on Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
rmichaelballow

frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:14 am I agree with fellow1, high-prolactin-induced sexual dysfunction is not pssd. I have written about this. https://www.reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/wnekvi/
I have sent a pm to Ryan Ballow quite some time ago, and after seeing this post by him I finally logged in to check his response. I believe I had a set of specific questions to ask but my memory is shit and I cannot remember what I wanted to ask. I invited him to message me on discord for discussion and he did not accept it. He also gave me medical advice on pm which I did not ask for. Now I would like to ask you Ryan:
How come there is not a single positive review about your “pssd recovery” (now “bioengineering”) service on these forums? I am not talking of people who use their real names, I am talking about people who are mostly anonymous but many of them are very well known in the community. Every time someone talks negatively about you, they are somehow not qualified enough for this, according to you. Your “pssd recovery” service cost starts at USD 2394, meanwhile there is no official medical education of you, and there is zero evidence of any positive result from your consultations (your own claims don’t count), and there are zero guarantees of anything at all. So no wonder so few people are working with you. You claimed that you have worked with people on pssd for free. How about reviews from those people? And what are you asking people to have? “Compliance”? “Trust the process”? These things (which I didn’t even have in large amounts) destroyed my life. People get their health ruined by a singular extremely widely-used chemical prescribed by someone with 10+ years of official medical education because they *complied*. Now you think they are going to comply with medical advice with tons of exotic compounds from a guy who ran business of fixing Apple device touchscreens? You called this forum “Nothing but angry, negative, dogmatic dudes”. What gives you right to talk like this?
I have explained this in the video. So perhaps watch the whole thing. Unfortunately, I addressed this sort of quick witted, dismissive, derogatory tone as one of the primary reasons I don't spend much time trying to publicly help you folks. Not that I don't want to, but being treated this way, would turn anyone away from trying to help.

Good point about compliance. And I am not here to market for services. And THIS is exactly why. Comments like this. Orientations like this.

On the flip side - I get the anger, frustration, and learned helplessness that you folks have acquired over the years, which is what has made my many years in trying to help, extremely difficult. But yet I remain.

I am trying to get people to step outside of the one framework that has been limiting people, which is: there is 1 root cause, and we haven't found it yet.

Incorrect. The moment you set PSSD aside, and think of it as mere sexual dysfunction, it opens up many doors to treatment and recovery. Not to take away from the uniqueness of PSSD, because it's obviously unique. BUT - de-mystifying it is quite helpful.
"What gives you the right to talk like this.." -- Frankly, perhaps shining some light that some of you are your own worst enemies, stuck in a spiraling whirlwind of negativity, and negation of the notion that you can get better. In those cases, there is nothing I can do, and prefer not working with such people.

To be VERY CLEAR: it is this exact behavior, that has gotten some men I've worked with NOT to comply, to become somewhat combative, and drop out of the program, leading, in some sense, to a negative feedback loop for recovery, through me. See how that works?

Again - many people have my made attempts to help, extremely difficult. Including David Healy. But again, yet, here I sit.

I'm sorry you're going through what you're going through, and I wish the more people would be open to the idea of getting better. I understand a good bit of the community has exhausted all resources available to them, which again, just makes this really, really hard.

Best.

PS: Of course prolactin isn't singularly the cause of PSSD. I made that very clear in the video, while also making the major point that MANY things contribute to PSSD, and that it isn't always the same across people, while certain consistent underpinnings almost always present themselves (like dopaminergic signaling dysfunction).

I am trying to get people to step outside of the one framework that has been limiting people, which is: there is 1 root cause, and we haven't found it yet.

Incorrect. The moment you set PSSD aside, and think of it as mere sexual dysfunction, it opens up many doors to treatment and recovery. Not to take away from the uniqueness of PSSD, because it's obviously unique. BUT - de-mystifying it is quite helpful.

The PFS folks, AND the TRT community has members that have not been on SSRIs, that have identical sexual dysfunction.
DeepRacer

Unread post by DeepRacer »

Thanks for the informative video Ryan
rmichaelballow

DeepRacer wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:04 pm Thanks for the informative video Ryan
You're most welcome.
HzeTmy

Unread post by HzeTmy »

What can be the cause that i don't feel hunger anymore after PSSD. Even gut is growling it's weak and muted :( is this nerve damage or muscle abnormality or wtf can anyone explain this ?
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

rmichaelballow wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:33 am Hi all.

I came across a peculiar case of a patient presenting classical PSSD symptoms, which ended up being caused by a 4MM pituitary adenoma, that was functionally secreting high levels of prolactin, at the posterior portion of the pituitary gland.

The video herein presents this case, the resolution of the PSSD, and a few important points, which I'll lay out below:

1. PSSD can be present without the former or current use of an SSRI.
2. There are many root cause(s) of PSSD.
3. Dopamine, and dopaminergic function is usually a central problem in PSSD.
4. Testosterone/Estradiol does play a role, despite you having "normal" or in range labs.
5. Most prevailing theories are incorrect. I have yet to see the 5HT1A receptor (or Serotonin in general) be at the root of PSSD.
6. Addressing accusations of "Ryan Ballow PSSD Scam."
7. The, to date, most successful approaches (in my view) to resolving PSSD.
8. Full biochemical discussion of PSSD, and its mechanisms.

I hope I can give some of you some perspective on what I've seen, dealing w/ PSSD for many years now, and some (what I've found to be) critical takeaways/distinctions, to move forward in resolving the condition.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTFjS7MZa3o

I welcome discussion, and will respond when I can.

Thanks.
Thanks so much for this. I cant claim to understand it all but it really gives me hope that something can be done. Where can I find more info about your services as I might be willing to ask for your help.
rmichaelballow

HzeTmy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:25 pm What can be the cause that i don't feel hunger anymore after PSSD. Even gut is growling it's weak and muted :( is this nerve damage or muscle abnormality or wtf can anyone explain this ?
That is a difficult one, and I haven't seen this in my work so far. I mean.. perhaps ghrelin signaling is awry? Dopamine DOES play a role in intestinal motility, and there is no question that dopamine is a central problem in PSSD, so perhaps that's an avenue to explore. I wish I could be more helpful than that!