True or false - the majority of people who recovered from PSSD took HCG and/or TRT. Discuss

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
anicca

True or false - the majority of people who recovered from PSSD took HCG and/or TRT. Discuss

Unread post by anicca »

Going through the posts on this forum and the PSSD reddit it seems most people who recovered took HCG and/or TRT. Discuss
GIXXER

Re: True or false - the majority of people who recovered from PSSD took HCG and/or TRT. Discuss

Unread post by GIXXER »

How many people claim this?

How severe was their pssd?
rmichaelballow

Re: True or false - the majority of people who recovered from PSSD took HCG and/or TRT. Discuss

Unread post by rmichaelballow »

anicca wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:30 am Going through the posts on this forum and the PSSD reddit it seems most people who recovered took HCG and/or TRT. Discuss
While TRT/HCG can be helpful, and can even induce spontaneous remission of the disease, they're definitely hit or miss. Testosterone being in the 800+ NG/DL range, IS helpful, despite what you may have heard. HCG is merely mimicking LH/FSH, and binding to combo LH/FSH receptor sites on the lyedig cells, but it may also be fostering the production of neurosteroids.

I've seen better success w/ Clomid, interestingly. There may be something key happening in the hypothalamic-pituitary axis, that is somehow fostering better dopamine throughput, while optimizing sex hormones. Everything down to E2, matters, when treating PSSD.
kaimbre

Unread post by kaimbre »

Very true. And we're talking about full recovery, not just permanent treatments.
One interesting thing about me is that I used so many drugs for so long to desensitize the 5-HT1A receptor that I think it started working again. I have about 25% of my libido back.
PSSD by a combination of Risperidon and Fluoxetin

Tests: damiana, gingko biloba, cabergolin, pramipexol, buspiron, SJW
Significant improvement only with SJW
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

Seems so. There are recovery stories for all sorts of substances, but almost none have been replicated. I think inositol might be an exception with 2 people. Not much.

Aside from inositol, various combinations of steroids and other substances that affect testosterone and estrogen levels (e.g. clomid and hcg) seem to be the only ones where multiple people have recovered.
Extremaduro

Unread post by Extremaduro »

My pre trt libido and erection wuality rate was 1/10
During honeymoon phase 7/10
Stabilised hormone level 3-4/10

I m on 125mg/week trt and 1000iu/week hcg.