Zopiclone Temporary Relief

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Daboba

Zopiclone Temporary Relief

Unread post by Daboba »

Hi,

So for the past week and a half I was prescribed Zopiclone to take for chronic insomnia (6 days no sleep at all). I had tried everything natural prior to going to my GP as I’m trying to avoid medication as much as possible, but nothing worked so I was pretty much forced to take it.

I was on the minimum dose of 3.75g, I took this for just over a week before I started to half my tablets which worked fine. I ended up falling asleep without taking my half dose but woke up due to excruciating stomach aches around 3am and couldn’t sleep due to the pain, then I got a funny tongue, splitting headache and flu like symptoms. My dr said I didn’t take it long enough to experience withdrawal side effects and said maybe I had a bug, but I don’t think that’s true.

During the time I took Zopiclone, my symptoms improved quite significantly. I was playing games back to back and enjoying it. I was laughing at videos, my erections were better and my ejaculatory volume was better. Literally all my symptoms improved. Since I stopped Zopiclone, I feel like I’ve gone back to my pre-Zopiclone state and it’s quite upsetting. I’m not sure if I’m better or worse. But I’m definitely back to what I was initially feeling like. Would getting back to that state require medication? Can I get back there naturally, or has this “crash” caused yet again more damage. Why did Zopiclone help me?
arahant

Re: Zopiclone Temporary Relief

Unread post by arahant »

"6 days no sleep at al"
"Why did Zopiclone help me?"
Did it help you sleep? I guess sleep is a basic need for everyone.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Daboba

Unread post by Daboba »

arahant wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:58 pm

"6 days no sleep at al"
It did, it helped me get 6-8 hours consistently. It also helped improve my overall symptoms like erections, mood, appetite, pretty much everything. But once I come off of it, I went back to pre-Zopiclone state which is upsetting. Now I’m having issues with all the above again. Though I didn’t want to stay on Zopiclone for more than the prescribed duration due to the potential to build up a dependency and addiction. Though it really did help in the meantime
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Daboba wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:00 pm

"6 days no sleep at al"
It did, it helped me get 6-8 hours consistently. It also helped improve my overall symptoms like erections, mood, appetite, pretty much everything. But once I come off of it, I went back to pre-Zopiclone state which is upsetting. Now I’m having issues with all the above again. Though I didn’t want to stay on Zopiclone for more than the prescribed duration due to the potential to build up a dependency and addiction. Though it really did help in the meantime
Well, I guess finding another way of sleeping 6-8 h.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Daboba

Unread post by Daboba »

arahant wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:35 pm
Daboba wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:00 pm

H
Well, I guess finding another way of sleeping 6-8 h.
Do you have any suggestions? Last night was my first night off of them and it was a pretty restless one. Hard to say how much sleep I actually got but I’d much rather stay off of prescribed medication.

Also, I’m not sure whether the brief improvements were from the enhanced GABA effect Zoplicone has or whether it was the ability to actually sleep. I’m going to assume it was the medication itself, though due to the nature of the drug, it’s advised to use for no longer than two weeks
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

Z-drugs are selective GABA-ergics which makes them unique. Some GABA receptors are located preferentially on interneurons. By inhibiting interneurons Z-drugs may paradoxically increase brain activity or restore synchronicity of neural circuits. Hence temporary "strange" effects like anti-anhedonia, mental flexibility, mood enhancement or waking people from coma ( zolpidem ). Not seen in a normal benzodiazepines. But these are not going to improve PSSD insomnia in long term. Long term daily use is acceptable for palliative care if PSSD / PFS / PAS insomnia is so severe there is no sleep at all. This is exactly my case.
Daboba

Unread post by Daboba »

sylv wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:08 pm Z-drugs are selective GABA-ergics which makes them unique. Some GABA receptors are located preferentially on interneurons. By inhibiting interneurons Z-drugs may paradoxically increase brain activity or restore synchronicity of neural circuits. Hence temporary "strange" effects like anti-anhedonia, mood enhancement or waking people from coma ( zolpidem ). Not seen in a normal benzodiazepines. But these are not going to improve PSSD insomnia in long term. Long term daily use is acceptable for palliative care if PSSD / PFS / PAS insomnia is so severe there is no sleep at all. This is exactly my case.
Thank you for such an informative apply. I’m not too well versed on the mechanisms behind such medication but I was pretty much forced to take Zopiclone as I hadn’t slept for 6 days even with trying more natural remedies as I’m trying to stay away from medication as much as possible. How are you dealing with insomnia? And is the insomnia by alterations in the brain?

When I first knew I had PSSD I was still able to sleep unassisted for 8 hours, I found myself waking up during the night, which continued until I couldn’t sleep no longer. I felt so wide awake, as if I had slept so perfectly. Which is why I had to visit my doctor. My 1 and a half weeks on Zopiclone was good. I was given the minimum dose of 3.75g which I began cutting in half after a week which was still working fine, then I missed a day as I intended to take them every other day. That evening I got really bad abdomen/belly pains and a really bad headache at 3am. Though during my time on Zopiclone I was considerably improved in most areas regarding PSSD symptoms. Seems I’m back at baseline now though and all improvements have reverted. One thing changed, my genitals are no longer shrivelled 24/7 though it only feels like an aesthetic improvement since ED combined with anhedonia is still problematic for arousal and erections.

Given the mild relief whilst on Zopiclone, I was the happiest I had been since I had PSSD. A shame that I’m back to pre-Zop state now though