Worst crash ever!

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Sofa

Re: Worst crash ever!

Unread post by Sofa »

Dknighten wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:17 pm
Sofa wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:51 pm
fth wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:28 pm
I'd like to add that being deficient in B12 can cause symptoms similar to PSSD symptoms and if left untreated can lead to irreversible neurological damage. I don't know if scaring people away from correcting the deficiency is a good thing. I'm also wondering how you'd even avoid B12? Does that also mean we have to avoid eating meat or other foods containing the vitamin? I tried searching through the forum to find Meso's statement about this but failed to find it. If you could link it that'd be great!

Some information about B12 defiencies for anyone lurking this forum: in regards to correcting a B12 deficiency, look into getting intramuscular injections, unless you know for sure the defiency is being caused by something like restrictive food intake (see: eating disorders or vegan diets). Your body might have issues absorbing the B12 from food, which means B12 supplements aren't gonna do much good either since they might not get absorbed either. This can happen with diseases like Crohn's or IBS. Until the culprit has been found, injections have to be continued, otherwise the defiency will obviously just return. As long as you're supplementing B12 (whether it's pills or injections), your blood work isn't a good indicator for the deficiency anymore, as the levels are now falsely elevated. Lots of doctors see these levels and conclude that the deficiency is corrected, but this is often not the case. B12 defiencies can take years to develop and thus take years to heal from. The only indicator from that point on is symptoms. My point being: doctors sometimes suck and aren't always up to date with everything (but hey, I think we at pssdforum are aware of that lol).

I've been on IM injections twice a week since April 26. Haven't seen any improvements yet, but I'll have to be on them for about two years, but the improvements are gradual and can take a long time to show up so I still have hope! On the other hand, I don't have any setbacks either in regards to symptoms.
I tired B12 again. My sensitivt in my genitals is totally gone now. My whole genital area has no sensitivity at all. I cant orgasm at all. Have no chance. My orgasm was actually good. My clitoris is numb and so is also the rest of my vagina. I have zero sexual feeling and sensitivity.

Can lt all come back?
Hi Sofa,

It sounds like you are still in the relatively early stages of this nightmare. From reading your intro post, it looks like you've been dealing with this for a few months at this point. I'm going to echo what some of the users above wrote and urge you to stay away from B vitamins and most supplements in general for the time being. It would be a good idea to get a comprehensive bloodwork panel by your doctor looking at hormones, vitamins, liver, all that good stuff. Being that you didn't take an SSRI, I would imagine that the prognosis for you is probably relatively good.
I have a bad B12 deficiency, and just took another 1000 mcg to see. I know have lost all orgasm and all genital sensation. I have no sensation or sexual feeling in my genitals at all.

I need to treat the B12 deficiency, but scares i wont get better sexually if i keep taking it.

I dont know How B12 can cause reduced sexual sensation and orgasm
Dknighten

Unread post by Dknighten »

[/quote]

Hi Sofa,

It sounds like you are still in the relatively early stages of this nightmare. From reading your intro post, it looks like you've been dealing with this for a few months at this point. I'm going to echo what some of the users above wrote and urge you to stay away from B vitamins and most supplements in general for the time being. It would be a good idea to get a comprehensive bloodwork panel by your doctor looking at hormones, vitamins, liver, all that good stuff. Being that you didn't take an SSRI, I would imagine that the prognosis for you is probably relatively good.
[/quote]

I have a bad B12 deficiency, and just took another 1000 mcg to see. I know have lost all orgasm and all genital sensation. I have no sensation or sexual feeling in my genitals at all.

I need to treat the B12 deficiency, but scares i wont get better sexually if i keep taking it.

I dont know How B12 can cause reduced sexual sensation and orgasm
[/quote]

As silly and ridiculous as it may sound, there is a potential risk of taking B vitamin supplements now that your body and/or brain are thrown out of wack. If you have a diagnosed clinical B12 deficiency, then I'd suggest working with a functional doctor who studies methylation to tackle that. What I'd suggest avoiding is blindly taking random doses of B vitamins and other supplements to treat yourself because it could potentially make you worse. Believe me when I say that crashes from these associated syndromes can cause the most disastrous and crippling symptoms. Though you're scared and desperate, please try to make the most informed decision possible when taking anything else. You should investigate any methylation and gut biome disorders you may have with a functional doctor. That could be the reason why you're having these issues from taking B vitamins. Though it may feel like it, you are not alone.
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

temp2021 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:47 am I am a man but I also had really bad burning in the scrotum area for almost 3 years. Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride (AZO) helped a lot! Now I no longer have any burning.

As for the numbness, I saw good results from l-carnitine. Try to use any fragrance-free carnitine cream and apply it to the genital area.

As for anhedonia, try vitamin B3 and ginkgo biloba.

I have a question for you as I am trying to understand something. Did you notice any changes to your period after PSSD? Do your symptoms get better/worse in a periodic manner that follows your menstrual cycle? Thanks.
Hi. Where do you get l carnitine cream from? Can’t see it anywhere..
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
temp2021

Unread post by temp2021 »

https://www.amazon.com/Man1-Natural-Pen ... B00AN5WWJ4. Alternatively, I mixed l carnivore powder with a water based cream base.