PSSD 4 Years Later

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Daboba

Re: PSSD 4 Years Later

Unread post by Daboba »

Scout19 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:32 pm
Daboba wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:18 am
Scout19 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:57 pm I developed PSSD from Citalopram about 6 months after last taking it, for what it's worth. 4 years seems really long, but I suppose it's possible.
Hi Scout,

If you don’t mind me asking, did you experience any of your PSSD symptoms whilst ON citalopram?

I’m guessing the damage was there, just needed a trigger. But I’m not sure, at a loss in terms of what it could be other than PSSD. 3/4 years is a long time indeed. Were you fine between last dose and onset of symptoms?

Thanks!
No I did not. My sexual functioning on citalopram was totally normal.

It's hard to remember exactly when the symptoms started. I quit in fall of 2017, and around spring 2018 I noticed there was a problem. That's when I discovered PSSD. Hard to say whether it was gradual or not.
Thank you for sharing your experience. My story is similar in that I had no issues whilst on Citalopram, and even the years after I had stopped it, though your symptom onset was sooner than mine. I don’t think there’s a limit as to how long can pass, maybe there’s damage there and then something causes it further exacerbate or there’s some sort of trigger, though I don’t know what.

That aside, I hope you’re doing well
Scout19

Unread post by Scout19 »

Daboba wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:57 pm
Scout19 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:32 pm
Daboba wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:18 am

Hi Scout,

If you don’t mind me asking, did you experience any of your PSSD symptoms whilst ON citalopram?

I’m guessing the damage was there, just needed a trigger. But I’m not sure, at a loss in terms of what it could be other than PSSD. 3/4 years is a long time indeed. Were you fine between last dose and onset of symptoms?

Thanks!
No I did not. My sexual functioning on citalopram was totally normal.

It's hard to remember exactly when the symptoms started. I quit in fall of 2017, and around spring 2018 I noticed there was a problem. That's when I discovered PSSD. Hard to say whether it was gradual or not.
Thank you for sharing your experience. My story is similar in that I had no issues whilst on Citalopram, and even the years after I had stopped it, though your symptom onset was sooner than mine. I don’t think there’s a limit as to how long can pass, maybe there’s damage there and then something causes it further exacerbate or there’s some sort of trigger, though I don’t know what.

That aside, I hope you’re doing well
Yes, I'm doing a lot better now, thankfully. My condition has improved a lot.
vk13

Unread post by vk13 »

Thats good scout... Really good my friend