Why is there no study of pssd caused by antipsychotics?

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Ykatan

Why is there no study of pssd caused by antipsychotics?

Unread post by Ykatan »

believe that the soil PSSD caused by neuroleptics is different than that of SSRIs, i.e. not associated with 5ht2a receptors, explain! :roll:
6-Eggs!

Re: Why is there no study of pssd caused by antipsychotics?

Unread post by 6-Eggs! »

That's what I would like to know too. An AP is what causes all my issues and my symptoms are very different to the AD sufferers here apart from a few symptoms that is shared with PSSD.

I agree, I think the pathology is different to ADs and more like benzos as AP withdrawals in severe cases mirror protracted withdrawal syndrome from benzos.

Both APs and benzos mess up the mirco glia in the brain which a recent study with benzos found the inhibition of the micro glia directly cause degradation of the neuronal connections (dendrites, synapses etc...). This could be the case with APs too as they are known to reduce brain volume via micro glia loss.
Ykatan

Unread post by Ykatan »

6-Eggs! wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:05 pm That's what I would like to know too. An AP is what causes all my issues and my symptoms are very different to the AD sufferers here apart from a few symptoms that is shared with PSSD.

I agree, I think the pathology is different to ADs and more like benzos as AP withdrawals in severe cases mirror protracted withdrawal syndrome from benzos.

Both APs and benzos mess up the mirco glia in the brain which a recent study with benzos found the inhibition of the micro glia directly cause degradation of the neuronal connections (dendrites, synapses etc...). This could be the case with APs too as they are known to reduce brain volume via micro glia loss.
i.e. neuroleptics cause pssd symptoms even worse?
6-Eggs!

Unread post by 6-Eggs! »

Ykatan wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:33 am
6-Eggs! wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:05 pm That's what I would like to know too. An AP is what causes all my issues and my symptoms are very different to the AD sufferers here apart from a few symptoms that is shared with PSSD.

i.e. neuroleptics cause pssd symptoms even worse?
Oh sh!t yeah. PSSD plus FND (functional neurological deficit) mixed and presenting like PWS (protracted withdrawal syndrome).

I went to hospital 4 times, once by ambulance between November last year and Jan this year. This is very much the same as quitting chronic benzo use cold turkey. Most likely end you in hospital or die from seizures.

No one tells you APs can do this when withdrawing but I am proof it happens.