Grief and rage

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Vanessacole1

Re: Grief and rage

Unread post by Vanessacole1 »

Brain food wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:04 am
Flo wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:01 am Thanks Brain Food.

I'm in the EU not the US, otherwise, I'd happily join a class action law suit. I have spoken to a lawyer here and he said that the problem is that you need to prove that a specific treatment caused the problem. He said this is easy enough if they've chopped off the wrong leg in surgery but is almost impossible to prove with drugs. Part of the reason is that there will be other factors that the defence will point to, for example, other medications taken concurrently or previously (including the COVID vaccination), mental health etc. Because of this, no lawyer will take up the case.

Perhaps it's easier to get these sort of things off the ground in the US? If so, that would hopefully, shift things for us too.
I spoke to some lawyers in the US. We need a lot of people in the US who took one drug, one said over 100 another said that we didn't need that many but didn't give an exact number. All SSRIs and SNRIs can cause this condition. So while we refer to it all on here as PSSD, the law in the US only treats Americans who took Zoloft (Sertraline) as a class. You can't mix those who took Zoloft, Lexapro, Prozac and all of the other medications into one class, because different pharmaceutical companies made those drugs. There are two things we can do to make a class-action lawsuit possible.

1) Get everyone with this condition to fill out RxISK reports. That is the best database to track how many people got this condition from a specific drug in a specific country. One huge benefit of getting Tucker Carlson or some other host of a popular show to interview Dr. David Healy is that there are probably more people out there with PSSD who don't even realize it. They may have sexual dysfunction, but were afraid to speak with their doctors about it or their doctors didn't think it was possible that the medications they took in the past caused it, because medical schools don't teach that this is possible. I found a few people like this is online chat forums and encourage them to fill out RxISK reports.

2) Get the FDA to recognize PSSD by funding research that can prove PSSD exists. We need biological proof. We need a biomarker that can show that people in the class suing the drug company have PSSD. This basically a medical a test that will show up positive for people with PSSD and negative for those who don't have it. This might be a brain scan in a very specific area of the brain (most general neurologists don't find anything wrong in the brain scans of people with PSSD) that only a few experts at research Universities will understand. I have a family friend who is a top lawyer. He went to Yale and held several high up positions in the US government. His current law firm doesn't sue drug companies but he used to be very high up at the FDA and was also involved in suing the tobacco companies on behalf of the US government. He thinks that if the FDA recognizes PSSD, he will be able to find several law firms willing to take the case, even if fewer than 100 people with PSSD took a specific drug.
Did anything come of this? I’d happily join a class action law suite for lexapro.
Brain food

Re: Grief and rage

Unread post by Brain food »

No. Nothing yet. We probably need more proof. It seems like epigenetic studies are our best bet to find the biological root of the problem.

Also, a lot of people are responding to PSSD Network posts on Twitter and TikTok saying that have sexual side effects after stopping SSRIs but never knew about PSSD. We need to get more names in the RxISK database. David Healy said that Lexapro has caused the most PSSD cases so Lundbeck (or Forest Laboratories in the US, which eventually became part of Allergan) is probably the best candidate for a class-action.