Trazodone

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Yutaro

Trazodone

Unread post by Yutaro »

Sorry for bad english, post made using a bit of google translate :D .
Hello everyone, I am from Russia and it's extremely popular among doctors here to prescribe trazodone as a cure for PSSD-like symptoms. I also read some positive reviews about trazodone from russian patients (Not only with PSSD but also with erectile dysfunction in general) Would like to know if there is any trazodone success stories from our western friends as well.
I myself got PSSD from using fluvoxamine for six months.
arahant

Re: Trazodone

Unread post by arahant »

Can you post a link to those trazodone reports here? It doesn't matter if in Russian. Google translator is quite good nowadays.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Yutaro

Unread post by Yutaro »

I saw it on some forums weeks ago, can't find them, but Its effect on libido is even described in the instructions for the drug: https://www.vidal.ru/drugs/trittico__45130#indication
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Yutaro wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:40 pm I saw it on some forums weeks ago, can't find them, but Its effect on libido is even described in the instructions for the drug: https://www.vidal.ru/drugs/trittico__45130#indication
I think everyone knows that it is described on the drug information, I was curious about those forums, those are people like this forum sharing experiences.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo »

Long story short
It reversed my pssd almost completely, around 2012. It even made me completely hypersexual. Trust me, you can't get any horny than what I was, lol.
At the same time, as you go higher with the dose, it will cause some delayed eyaculation which was even a plus as I was so hypersexual. Delayed eyaculation was the only pssd like symptms that it caused me, and wasn't bad at all cause the sexual pleasure was so intense, that it was even a good thing. So it was a weird mix of curing pssd + giving you some delayed eyaculation.
Yesrs later I crashed again with some other stupid serotoninergic drugs and lost most of the gains.
Unfortunately I have a conditon now which most medications causes me terrible skin problems so I'm not able to take it again. I wish I can take it again in the future.
Also, I've read several stories that it makes some people worse! So I'm not encouraging anyone to take it.
In my case it is the best available drug for pssd
Yutaro

Unread post by Yutaro »

Gonzo wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:43 am Long story short
It reversed my pssd almost completely, around 2012. It even made me completely hypersexual. Trust me, you can't get any horny than what I was, lol.
At the same time, as you go higher with the dose, it will cause some delayed eyaculation which was even a plus as I was so hypersexual. Delayed eyaculation was the only pssd like symptms that it caused me, and wasn't bad at all cause the sexual pleasure was so intense, that it was even a good thing. So it was a weird mix of curing pssd + giving you some delayed eyaculation.
Yesrs later I crashed again with some other stupid serotoninergic drugs and lost most of the gains.
Unfortunately I have a conditon now which most medications causes me terrible skin problems so I'm not able to take it again. I wish I can take it again in the future.
Also, I've read several stories that it makes some people worse! So I'm not encouraging anyone to take it.
Thank you for your story, How long did you take the drug and at what dose? How fast did it began to work?
Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo »

Yutaro wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:02 am
Gonzo wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:43 am Long story short
Thank you for your story, How long did you take the drug and at what dose? How fast did it began to work?
I took a high dose, but building it up very slowly over the months, I think I went up to 450mg or maybe 600mg. It took some months to get the improvement, I couldn't tell exactly about the time.
Yutaro

Unread post by Yutaro »

tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

Trazodone may be effective in the treatment of sexual dysfunction, for instance female sexual dysfunction and erectile dysfunction. A 2003 systematic review and meta-analysis found some indication that trazodone may be useful in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Besides trazodone alone, a combination of trazodone and bupropion (developmental code names and tentative brand names S1P-104, S1P-205, Lorexys, and Orexa) is under development for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and female sexual dysfunction. As of September 2021, it is in phase 2 clinical trials for these indications. It has been in this stage of clinical development since at least February 2015. Wikipedia
lepardglass

Unread post by lepardglass »

This is the next one on my list of experimentation. I plan on trying it for a couple months this summer. Will post results.
Is there a consensus on what dosage to use for PSSD? I was thinking starting at 50mg and moving to 100mg after a week. But @Gonzo makes me think i might be way undershooting.