Trazodone

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Yutaro

Re: Trazodone

Unread post by Yutaro »

lepardglass wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:03 pm This is the next one on my list of experimentation. I plan on trying it for a couple months this summer. Will post results.
Is there a consensus on what dosage to use for PSSD? I was thinking starting at 50mg and moving to 100mg after a week. But @Gonzo makes me think i might be way undershooting.
Doctor prescribed 50 - 100 - 150 mg for me. Today I'm taking second 150mg dose and still no effect on libido.
SilentSufferer

Unread post by SilentSufferer »

Dudes WTF have you learned nothing? Trazodone alone can cause severe PSSD.
Look at Zadig, Steven, Trazohell and another member named Phillip of german group (I think he wasn't registered here). They were all young men with perfect sexual function before Trazodone, now they are dead.
I myself got it from it and still suffering years later, meanwhile diagnosed with androgen resistance, but even TRT does not help. So stay away from psychiatric drugs!
6-Eggs!

Unread post by 6-Eggs! »

Counter to logic, 5ht 2a antagonists down regulate the receptors which is the rule rather than the exception. 2a from my research seems to regulate differently to many of the others.

blocking them can increase libido and erections but not always and in my case is probably a factor to why I have pssd like and other neurological symptoms even though I never took an SSRI in recent years, rather an atypical AP.

The 2a and it's tendency for down regulating leads to a phenomena called inverse tolerance, meaning you are ok at the start but produce side effects later into chronic use and to combat the side effects you need less and less of the drug, you basically become sensitized to it and other drugs. Exactly what happened to me. I was fine for 18 months before issues started to show up and they got worse the longer I stayed on the crap and the whole withdrawal was a complete mess once I tried to stop.

Not sure if 2a recovers it self if no sert issues but I would assume so. Apparently cannabis up regs 2a via a certain pathway that triggers mRNA pathway to make more receptors or something along those lines. Might explain why some pssd sufferers get some recovery from cannabis. But too many 2a receptors in certain areas are links to mental health issues like depression/cfs/SD etc. Like anything there is a balance. This might explain why in the past ssri did nothing for me but newer atypical APs worked like magic, issues was I was on them too long and now have some sort of adaptation/reverse tolerance.

That said not all 2a antagonists have the same effect in the brain even if the down reg still happens.

I would be very careful of this drug, using one drug to fix what another broke is a terrible idea. Kinda like methadone used to treat DAWS.
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

SilentSufferer wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:30 pm Dudes WTF have you learned nothing? Trazodone alone can cause severe PSSD.
Look at Zadig, Steven, Trazohell and another member named Phillip of german group (I think he wasn't registered here). They were all young men with perfect sexual function before Trazodone, now they are dead.
I myself got it from it and still suffering years later, meanwhile diagnosed with androgen resistance, but even TRT does not help. So stay away from psychiatric drugs!
I have not followed the discussion but I am latching onto this post to say that there is a case of pssd from trazodone on the Italian group
and also that on the leaftlet of trazodone it says that rare cases of trazodone-induced priapism have been observed, which if not treated in time can lead to surgery and permanent sexual dysfunction.
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

Most of my profound gains were due to trazodone- increased sensitivity, reduced numbness, increased ejaculate volume, restoration of emotions, ability to feel love, etc. Its also quite risky, I would expect it can cause bad crashes as well. Not surprising because its highly selective for 5ht2a which is a main culprit in PSSD.
lepardglass

Unread post by lepardglass »

lepardglass wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:03 pm This is the next one on my list of experimentation. I plan on trying it for a couple months this summer. Will post results.
Is there a consensus on what dosage to use for PSSD? I was thinking starting at 50mg and moving to 100mg after a week. But @Gonzo makes me think i might be way undershooting.
Just an update. Took it for 6-7 weeks, started at 50mg, then ramped up to 200mg and stayed at that dose for 3 weeks, then stopped after running out.

I thought there wasnt much effect at all, besides some annoying morning wood zero associated horniness. But a few days after stopping I had an extremely good period that lasted about a week. Sensitivity was very high, one of the best windows ive ever had. I believe this may be due to some 5HT2 receptor resensitizing while being blocked by Trazodone.

I will absolutely try this experiment again as soon as possible. This time i would like to go up to 300mg and remain on it for several months. Side effects are minimal and its actually great for sleep.

Unfortunately i do not have a source for it right now and it would be difficult for me to get it prescribed.
If anyone knows a north american source for this type of prescription meds would you please share it with me in DMs if possible, i would greatly appreciate.
I will keep looking for a sourced and if all else fails try to get a prescription.
lepardglass

sovietxrobot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:22 pm Most of my profound gains were due to trazodone- increased sensitivity, reduced numbness, increased ejaculate volume, restoration of emotions, ability to feel love, etc. Its also quite risky, I would expect it can cause bad crashes as well. Not surprising because its highly selective for 5ht2a which is a main culprit in PSSD.
My experience was very similar. The restoration of ability to feel things is something no other experimentation has done.
I will be trying it again soon, if you happen to have a source for it please shoot me a DM i would greatly appreciate.
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

lepardglass wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:38 pm
Just an update. Took it for 6-7 weeks, started at 50mg, then ramped up to 200mg and stayed at that dose for 3 weeks, then stopped after running out.
This is really dangerous and why you shouldn't take anything you don't have a reliable supply of. Crashes from trazodone could do serious damage, never abruptly discontinue it.

Why not get it from your GP?
lepardglass

sovietxrobot wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:21 pm
lepardglass wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:38 pm
This is really dangerous and why you shouldn't take anything you don't have a reliable supply of. Crashes from trazodone could do serious damage, never abruptly discontinue it.

Why not get it from your GP?
This is well within therapeutic dosage range. Also I had a bit extra in case tapper was needed but this isnt anything like an ssri. Also the goal is a bit to create a shock after desensitizing your receptors to not give them time to go back to baseline by tapering.

As for prescription do you seriously expect me to explain this to an M.D :D
Would need to say i need it for sleep and would probly be doable, but its a bunch more trouble than just ordering yourself.

Sex is an important part of life and im sorry to say but if you are unwilling to take even the slightest risk by experimenting then your chances of recovery will be even slimmer.
Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo »

sovietxrobot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:22 pm Most of my profound gains were due to trazodone- increased sensitivity, reduced numbness, increased ejaculate volume, restoration of emotions, ability to feel love, etc. Its also quite risky, I would expect it can cause bad crashes as well. Not surprising because its highly selective for 5ht2a which is a main culprit in PSSD.
I'm not sure if you wrote it by mistake or am I wrong? But Trazodone is 5ht2a Antagonist, isn't that what's supposedly helping pssd? And it's also 5ht1a agonist, and this is what could be dangerous to some people making pssd worse?