Scientific Research: is it the way out?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
temp2021

Scientific Research: is it the way out?

Unread post by temp2021 »

Just wanted to share my thoughts. I am not related to the medical field. However, I have authored/co-authored multiple scientific research papers and patents and I am fully aware of what it takes to publish a scientific paper. It is a long process and a lot of work behind every single publication. My understanding, things are even more complicated in the medical field. More importantly, we are not a big fish for the Pharmaceutical companies and funding agencies. This is not COVID where multiple companies are competing to produce a vaccine and make billions of dollars…..

Before I get attacked, I am not by any means against scientific research or funding research work. I myself have been educating myself about a lot of things in the medical field through research papers, online courses, articles and last but not the least posts by multiple members in this forum. All what I am trying to say, this might not be the fastest way out.

I think our strength lies in our number and being more organized. There are multiple members here who seem to have some medical knowledge. Please, take the lead and organize something like “clinical trials”. Of course any hypotheses should be clearly represented and any risks should be predicted and declared to members willing to be part of any trials. I understand there have been already some efforts in this regard. However, I believe we can do a lot more!

Unfortunately there are multiple members here who in spite of having good intentions, are extremely narrow minded and fueled by arrogance. We need to be more united and accepting of one another.