Theories on estrogen and sex hormones (temporary full remission after 15 years)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
lepardglass

Theories on estrogen and sex hormones (temporary full remission after 15 years)

Unread post by lepardglass »

Just want to preface this by saying i have tried just about everything under the sun from Testosterone injections to high dose Fenclonine to aromatase inhibitors.

Of everything I've tried a few things have helped moderately over the years and i have posted about them, but by far the thing that had the strongest effect and gave me a nearly full (albeit short) remission was abrupt discontinuation of Anastrozole 0.5mg after about 6 weeks of use. The effect lasted about 2-3 days and onset itself about a week after stopping intake (about the time it takes to clear out of your system). Libido was back to almost where i remember it to be pre-PSSD, i had almost forgot how good it felt. I have repeated the experiment twice to make sure it was not due to something else.

The point of this post is I don't understand what mechanism could have caused this to happen and would like to know if anyone here had some theories.

First i thought it might be caused by higher than normal estradiol levels due to some rebound effect, so i tried some estradiol pills. No effect.
Then i thought maybe its due to Testosterone behind higher due to some imbalance caused by abrupt stop (even though T should be slightly higher while taking the AI). To my surprise that didn't even do anything, not even a slight increase in sex drive or muscle power output, i did have other minor effects from it though. I tried both cypiopnate injections and androgel cream (up to 40mg).

Perhaps PSSD could be due to estradiol receptor oversensitisation? High E2 is known to kill sex drive as much as low E2. It would explained why the abrupt stop of the AI could have caused this temporarily before it went back to its (post-PSSD) baseline. If so is there any existing estrogen receptor blockers i could take to test this theory?
I know this sounds like a possibly really stupid theory but I'm just trying to be open minded and not leave leave this stone unturned.

So please feel free to share your own theory on why this happened so we can speculate on what the mechanism could possibly be.
cdraham

Re: Theories on estrogen and sex hormones (temporary full remission after 15 years)

Unread post by cdraham »

I think in the rebound you restored some estrogen signalling

my bet is that your estrogen pills did not work, because the receptors itself are silenced or downregulated

when you took AI and discontinued, estrogen receptor mRNA upregulated for some time (rebound)
Brain food

Re: Theories on estrogen and sex hormones (temporary full remission after 15 years)

Unread post by Brain food »

lepardglass wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:07 pm Just want to preface this by saying i have tried just about everything under the sun from Testosterone injections to high dose Fenclonine to aromatase inhibitors.

Of everything I've tried a few things have helped moderately over the years and i have posted about them, but by far the thing that had the strongest effect and gave me a nearly full (albeit short) remission was abrupt discontinuation of Anastrozole 0.5mg after about 6 weeks of use. The effect lasted about 2-3 days and onset itself about a week after stopping intake (about the time it takes to clear out of your system). Libido was back to almost where i remember it to be pre-PSSD, i had almost forgot how good it felt. I have repeated the experiment twice to make sure it was not due to something else.

The point of this post is I don't understand what mechanism could have caused this to happen and would like to know if anyone here had some theories.

First i thought it might be caused by higher than normal estradiol levels due to some rebound effect, so i tried some estradiol pills. No effect.
Then i thought maybe its due to Testosterone behind higher due to some imbalance caused by abrupt stop (even though T should be slightly higher while taking the AI). To my surprise that didn't even do anything, not even a slight increase in sex drive or muscle power output, i did have other minor effects from it though. I tried both cypiopnate injections and androgel cream (up to 40mg).

Perhaps PSSD could be due to estradiol receptor oversensitisation? High E2 is known to kill sex drive as much as low E2. It would explained why the abrupt stop of the AI could have caused this temporarily before it went back to its (post-PSSD) baseline. If so is there any existing estrogen receptor blockers i could take to test this theory?
I know this sounds like a possibly really stupid theory but I'm just trying to be open minded and not leave leave this stone unturned.

So please feel free to share your own theory on why this happened so we can speculate on what the mechanism could possibly be.
Lepardglass, are you a male or female?
tggill32

Unread post by tggill32 »

lepardglass wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:07 pm Just want to preface this by saying i have tried just about everything under the sun from Testosterone injections to high dose Fenclonine to aromatase inhibitors.

Where did you get the estradiol pills?
ytho

Unread post by ytho »

Interested in where to get estrogen pills as well. Can they be bought OTC?
lepardglass

Brain food wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:27 pm

Lepardglass, are you a male or female?
im a male, sorry i should have mentioned
cdraham wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:10 pm I think in the rebound you restored some estrogen signalling

my bet is that your estrogen pills did not work, because the receptors itself are silenced or downregulated

when you took AI and discontinued, estrogen receptor mRNA upregulated for some time (rebound)
I still have a bunch, i can try a higher dose next time. How high do you think i should go?
lepardglass

ytho wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:50 pm Interested in where to get estrogen pills as well. Can they be bought OTC?
tggill32 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:59 am

bought off a website that sells a bunch of rx stuff from europe, ill DM you the name since idk if we are allowed to share publicly
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

I would be very very careful before you mess with estrogen. It is highly risky
tggill32

Unread post by tggill32 »

lepardglass wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:54 am
ytho wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:50 pm Interested in where to get estrogen pills as well. Can they be bought OTC?
tggill32 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:59 am

bought off a website that sells a bunch of rx stuff from europe, ill DM you the name since idk if we are allowed to share publicly
Could you dm me?