Opipramol

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Tonster96

Opipramol

Unread post by Tonster96 »

Hey Guys,

i am a PFS Sufferer (and not that familiar with the PSSD Details).

Lately i developed a new symptom: Massive stress and sleeplesnes. Its pure hell!

I need a fix for it to be liveable. But i am afraid of taking something that makes everything worse and can trigger any more of PFS or PSSD.

My doc suggested Opipramol. So my question is if Opipramol can cause PSSD? Are here sufferers of PSSD because of Opipramol?

Thank you guys so much!

Tonster
kpavel

Re: Opipramol

Unread post by kpavel »

Welcome to the forum,

one guy @Steven (RIP) claimed that opipramol destroyed his libido. Search is above.
May help sleep though.
Also wiki says it's not only h1 histamine receptor antagonist but a strong ligand for sigma1. Because hormones like dhea, pregnenolone and progesterone are ligands for sigma1 like some ssris too it can have an unpredictable effect if this target is important for PFS or PSSD. I also had an unlucky experience with bromantane (amantadine is a sigma1 ligand) which was an increased numbness. So who knows...
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

kpavel wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:43 pm Welcome to the forum,

one guy @Steven (RIP) claimed that opipramol destroyed his libido. Search is above.
May help sleep though.
Steven was in the German PSSD WhatsApp group and was absolutely sure that Trazodone gave him PSSD although he had first suspected it came from Opipramol. I texted with him and know several people who met him in person and he absolutely always said he got PSSD from Tazodone.
Tonster96

Unread post by Tonster96 »

Hmm, so mixed signals here...

Seems there is only one guy here that MAYBE (he doesnt think so) had PSSD because of Opipramol.

Theoretically there could be causes for concern.

But i would have expected more people here affected by it. That seems to be hopefull.

More opinions are apreciated.