Full body numbness

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Sofa

Full body numbness

Unread post by Sofa »

Has anybody else experienced full body numbness?

Like my sense of touch is dulled all over my body. I can sort of feel touch, but it is not the same and I feel really disconnected from it.

Anyone else had this and recovered?
arahant

Re: Full body numbness

Unread post by arahant »

B12 deficiency is known in causing paresthesia. https://www.news-medical.net/health/Sym ... iency.aspx
Neurologic
Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause paresthesia, peripheral neuropathy, and a serious irreversible deficiency disease known as subacute combined degeneration of the spinal cord, with demyelination damage to both the corticospinal and dorsal columns of the spinal tract. Weakness and gait impairment may result.

It is important in cases of suspected folate deficiency to first rule out vitamin B12 deficiency. This is because folate supplementation produces a correction in the hematologic indices which may mask the deficit in vitamin B12, while acutely worsening neurologic symptoms, or precipitating subacute degeneration

If you are B12 deficient, go supplement it FFS.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

arahant wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:04 am B12 deficiency is known in causing paresthesia. https://www.news-medical.net/health/Sym ... iency.aspx
Neurologic
Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause paresthesia, peripheral neuropathy, and a serious irreversible deficiency disease known as subacute combined degeneration of the spinal cord, with demyelination damage to both the corticospinal and dorsal columns of the spinal tract. Weakness and gait impairment may result.

It is important in cases of suspected folate deficiency to first rule out vitamin B12 deficiency. This is because folate supplementation produces a correction in the hematologic indices which may mask the deficit in vitamin B12, while acutely worsening neurologic symptoms, or precipitating subacute degeneration

This does not Feel like a B12-deficiency issue, though. It feels like PSSD issue. Like some weird disconnect and dpdr. It is not tingling and paresthesia as such, just more a dull and disconnected sense of touch
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Sofa wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:00 pm
arahant wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:04 am B12 deficiency is known in causing paresthesia. https://www.news-medical.net/health/Sym ... iency.aspx
Neurologic

This does not Feel like a B12-deficiency issue, though. It feels like PSSD issue. Like some weird disconnect and dpdr. It is not tingling and paresthesia as such, just more a dull and disconnected sense of touch
You have already reported vitamin b12 deficiency thousands of times in many groups, until you are still deficient, you cannot rule out it causing symptoms. A blood exam is more objective than any "feel like", the day your blood work come back in range, then you should worry about "feel like PSSD.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
6-Eggs!

Unread post by 6-Eggs! »

I agree get that B12 sorted before it's too late.

As for total body numbness, yes mine was at least 70% or more of my body. Worst was my saddle and glans, they were completely numb as far as I could tell. Hospital did a prick test in these areas and I didn't know or respond. Face, tongue, scalp, neck, upper chest, neck down to shoulder blades, lower belly and lower back, knees down to feet where all pretty bad too but I still could feel it, just markably reduced sensation with pain and dry cling wrap like feeling.

Most of the numbness has recovered 6.5 month in now. Saddle, penis are at or near 100% most of the time and the glans varies from 70% to about 95%. My face and hands are the parts that have persisted the longest even though I have had 100s of times full or near full recovery of the face and hands but it keeps getting waves where it gets worse again, still much better overall but it's annoying though, only slight numbness when it happens actually but the plastic foreign cling wrap on skin sensation pisses me off.
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

6-Eggs! wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:09 am I agree get that B12 sorted before it's too late.

As for total body numbness, yes mine was at least 70% or more of my body. Worst was my saddle and glans, they were completely numb as far as I could tell. Hospital did a prick test in these areas and I didn't know or respond. Face, tongue, scalp, neck, upper chest, neck down to shoulder blades, lower belly and lower back, knees down to feet where all pretty bad too but I still could feel it, just markably reduced sensation with pain and dry cling wrap like feeling.

Most of the numbness has recovered 6.5 month in now. Saddle, penis are at or near 100% most of the time and the glans varies from 70% to about 95%. My face and hands are the parts that have persisted the longest even though I have had 100s of times full or near full recovery of the face and hands but it keeps getting waves where it gets worse again, still much better overall but it's annoying though, only slight numbness when it happens actually but the plastic foreign cling wrap on skin sensation pisses me off.
What is the best way to solve B12 deficiency? Lots of people on here say methylators are bad, and B12 is a methylator. I Did take some and felt so bad.

I am six months out, and i am way worse now then when all of this started. I just dont seem to be getting better at all.