Symptom Remission Regimen and my thoughts on this condition

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Wicksy1995

Symptom Remission Regimen and my thoughts on this condition

Unread post by Wicksy1995 »

Been completely dysfunctional for approximately 4 years now.
PSSD symptoms came on approximately 8 weeks after tapering off of Lexapro at a maximum of 15mg.
Tapered over about 8 weeks in 2.5mg increments.
The PSSD came on over a period of about a week where I suddently become extremely numb in all facets. It felt like my head was completely empty and I could not hold a rational thought in my head for more than a millisecond. My ADHD symptoms skyrockets and I no longer felt like myself but an empty shell of who I once was.

I want to make this brief but Im happy to answer any questions.
The max amount of time I tried to cure myself whilst of all medications was 1 year. 8 months in I decided to try TRT, high dose testosterone and other hormonal support which all slight peripheral effects but no effect on numbness and anhedonia. Only thing they effected mentally was my underlying attitude towards life.

In the quest for symptom remission or a cure I have tried MANY things, many many supplements, medications, pharmaceuticals you name it. I can list everything if people are interested.

Now, after over 4 years the best I can do is symptom remission for which I can confidently say I have achieved to at least around 90%, in fact I would say cognitively I am better than before. In terms of penis sensation and libido they're not pre PSSD by any means but my regimen is more based around anhedonia, motivation, cognition and overall function. If i wanted to maximise sensation and libido I could tweak this regimen but at the moment I don't really see the point as I'm in a happy relationship for over 5 years now anyway.

regimen:
Medications:
1mg Rexulti
50mg Nortriptyline
100mg Zoloft

Main Supplements used (daily/intermittent/rotated):
Icariin
Forskolin
L histidine
Butea Superba
D aspartic Acid
L theanine
L tyrosine

Homonal support:
120mg Test- Enanthate
daily pinning

I got good remission from depression/anxiety from Zoloft and Nortriptyline - but this did not help my executive function per say and still had major issue with attention, planning, goal setting, forward linear type thinking etc. Rexulti was key in this regard and I also believed it normalized my cortisol functioning as it really bought back consistent stimulation and euphoria from stimulants such as coffee and dexamphetamine (have a prescription on hand for intermittent use). About 2 weeks into Rexulti I was able to achieve this. During adaptation to rexulti, as well as Nortriptyline and Zoloft all my symptoms were increased and it felt like my histamine and cortisol was super low, id be jittery low blood sugar feeling and my muscles would not fill with blood properly. All low histamine, NMDA, low cortisol type of feelings. I really want to understand these concepts further so one day I have a hope of making a full recovery and being off of meds all together. But I just don't see how thats going to be possible without a shit tonne of agony and suffering.

This took years of trial and error and got a lot of extremely useful information from Area1255. On concepts such as PSSD which seems to mainly involve dysregulation of cortisol, HPA axis, NMDA, histamine, NMDA, dopamine...basically everything....

Happy to answer any questions. You can also contact me on my main email address: jwicks1995@hotmail.com
Darman

Re: Symptom Remission Regimen and my thoughts on this condition

Unread post by Darman »

Hi
Thanks for this. Having PSSD from lexapro too I find it very interesting. I too have tried a multitude of suppliments. Your regimen does consist of quite a lot and a high dose of sertraline. May I ask is there any one of these compounds that you consider has the greatest effect?
Wicksy1995

Just to be clear as well all the supplements used had no major lasting effect. Just positive acute effects, especially after I implemented the pharmaceuticals. I would say Rexulti had the greatest effect. And was the key in really feeling like I was back in the same " reality / headspace " as pre PSSD. Proper executive functioning is really key to getting better. Without proper cognition and the ability to plan ahead and complete things getting better becomes much harder. Also mood stability really is determined by your executive function as it allows you to tolerate stress and overcome obstacles. Prior to Rexulti, on Just Zoloft and Nortriptyline my mood was still all over the place and I still never really got anything done. I just felt a lot more confident and way less anxious. Although because I still didn't have the ability to pay attention to things and complete anything worth while I found I was drinking a lot and just drifting through life hoping things would just get better on there own. Which I now know that things rarely just get better on there own, you always have to have a plan, no matter what the problem is. I first had some success with Buspar, then more with abilify, but once I implemented Rexulti, that's where things really started to improve. I reckon its due to its strong 5ht1a agonism, and agonism of dopamine. Abilify is quite strong on dopamine in lower doses and can actually make you really impulsive which isn't really good long term.
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

Excellent thank you. Rexulti is something I will speak to my psychiatrist about.
Wicksy1995

I feel like you need hard 5ht1a agonism in order to achieve a stead state if one has PSSD, as well as 5ht2a and 2c antagonism. The indirect agonism from ssris surely is not enough, not to mentioned blasting all the bad 5HT receptors. It’s such fuckery honestly, information about this shit needs to be more widespread and accessible, not too mention that if one is of limited iq and problem solving ability it can be next to impossible trying to navigate such issues.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Did you get any fatigue btw?
Wicksy1995

Yes, at varying stages - all acutely during the first 2-3 weeks. And fatigue is quite broad as physical and mental fatigue can be apparent at different times, getting over the mental fog is definitely the best thing to break free of.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Arent you afraid of getting tardive dyskenesia from antipsychotics? Like rexulti

Is there any better or safer 5ht1a pre agonist out there?
Wicksy1995

I should be okay as my dose isn’t too high, I just have to watch out for symptoms. I honestly wouldn’t know what else to try as I’ve exhausted basically every option available
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Wicksy1995 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:14 am I should be okay as my dose isn’t too high, I just have to watch out for symptoms. I honestly wouldn’t know what else to try as I’ve exhausted basically every option available
You think once you notice symptom its early enough to quit it and be fine without permanent damage?