Low dosing on THC (10 mg)

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
ultimatepssd

Low dosing on THC (10 mg)

Unread post by ultimatepssd »

I've read here that cannabis must not be consumed for those with pssd but was wondering if a low dose of 10mg of thc per day is okay? Will it result in the worsening of pssd symptoms?
R3m3dy

Re: Low dosing on THC (10 mg)

Unread post by R3m3dy »

I think it is pretty clear that THC is bad in any amount. It seems like you are looking for permission to use it in spite of that, in which case you are free to do what you want but don't say you weren't warned here if you react poorly to it.
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

Although I wouldn’t recommend to consume cannabis regularly, I have seen many, many PSSD sufferers who consume cannabis or CBD without any negative consequences. In fact, I’ve heard the opposite several times: Cannabis and CBD led to temporary improvements.
R3m3dy

Unread post by R3m3dy »

Numby wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:39 am Although I wouldn’t recommend to consume cannabis regularly, I have seen many, many PSSD sufferers who consume cannabis or CBD without any negative consequences. In fact, I’ve heard the opposite several times: Cannabis and CBD led to temporary improvements.
I have seen more people feel worse or straight out crash from THC than I have seen temporary improvements from cannabis. CBD and THC are not the same thing. The utilization of THC for the very very small chance it makes you feel better when you are high is not worth the risk of crashing permanently, not even close.
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

R3m3dy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:38 pm
I have seen more people feel worse or straight out crash from THC than I have seen temporary improvements from cannabis. CBD and THC are not the same thing. The utilization of THC for the very very small chance it makes you feel better when you are high is not worth the risk of crashing permanently, not even close.
Well, it’s absolutely worth noting that you have heard other things. But I think it’s at least important to stress that there seem to be very different experiences concerning THC.

I’ve never spoken to anybody personally, and I‘ve spoken to many, many sufferers during the last 10 years, who crashed from THC or CBD (I know that there is a difference). What I’ve heard are rather anecdotal reports.

My impression is that lately there has been an increasing number of warnings about practically everything ranging from tea to prescription drugs (other than SSRI/SNRI). These reports spread quickly and in the end, people feel insecure and are afraid of eating and drinking normal things. THC, of course, is a different story because everybody knows it can cause psychosis. However, I think saying that PSSD patients should generally avoid it goes too far.

@ultimatepssd If you feel insecure already and are afraid of crashing or have already crashed, I would avoid doing THC, especially on a regular basis.
R3m3dy

Unread post by R3m3dy »

Numby wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:21 pm
R3m3dy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:38 pm
Well, it’s absolutely worth noting that you have heard other things. But I think it’s at least important to stress that there seem to be very different experiences concerning THC.

I’ve never spoken to anybody personally, and I‘ve spoken to many, many sufferers during the last 10 years, who crashed from THC or CBD (I know that there is a difference). What I’ve heard are rather anecdotal reports.

My impression is that lately there has been an increasing number of warnings about practically everything ranging from tea to prescription drugs (other than SSRI/SNRI). These reports spread quickly and in the end, people feel insecure and are afraid of eating and drinking normal things. THC, of course, is a different story because everybody knows it can cause psychosis. However, I think saying that PSSD patients should generally avoid it goes too far.

@ultimatepssd If you feel insecure already and are afraid of crashing or have already crashed, I would avoid doing THC, especially on a regular basis.

Disregard CBD, it is irrelevant to this conversation. THC is what is problematic. THC has had a warning attached to it for years at this point, this isn't coming out of nowhere and you have no basis for lumping it in with the "obscure things" you say people are baseless claiming is crashing them.

I have spoken with many people who have crashed from it or believe it had a negative impact on their life. I myself have used it and can corroborate those claims. Meso compiled research documents that validate the concern over THC's impact on the brain, both pertaining and not pertaining to PSSD, that I have reviewed. It supported some things I already knew and I learned others.

You have provided nothing that shifts the risk:reward in favor of THC utilization whatsoever aside from that you "think saying it should be avoided goes too far". This is totally irresponsible.
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

Your experience doesn’t change the fact that I have spoken to several people who had prosexual effects or no effects on their PSSD after cannabis use. I don’t understand why we have to agree. It’s ok if you have made different experiences but saying that cannabis is generally risky for PSSD patients is simply not true.

I know that Meso said something about cannabis but this still doesn’t prove that what he thinks is true for everybody. I’m clearly not „lumping anything in“ here. If you do some research, you will find studies that show a prosexual effect of cannabis. You will of course also find studies that show a negative effect. And please don’t get me wrong here, I’m not encouraging anybody to consume cannabis, I’m not saying that it is a temporary cure or that it always has a positive effect.

I hope that we can stop the discussion here because it’s leading nowhere. There are different experiences and I think that’s what one should say if someone asks.