If you have urinary symptoms...

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
KJP21

If you have urinary symptoms...

Unread post by KJP21 »

[changes to stream strength, changes to urgency (going more frequently in smaller amounts more likely than going less but in larger amounts, though both are possible), significantly more leftover urine in the urethra after finishing, etc etc....]

... please stop wasting your time with dopamine levels, AR receptors, etc etc. Your health is likely being hijacked by bro science supplementation nonsense and PFS people's obsession with AR changes and epigenetic changes.

You have neuropathy. Maybe from toxicity, maybe from an autoimmune condition.

Please please please, for your own sanity, think about this logically.
Gavia

Re: If you have urinary symptoms...

Unread post by Gavia »

I definitely have this and neuropathy is the most plausible explanation for my other symptoms too.
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

Funny
KJP21

Unread post by KJP21 »

I would also note for men that if the tone of your penis has changed (hangs looser, longer, but thinner, or shorter and more scrunched up), that too is likely your small fibers having lost their control of your muscles that line your penis.

How many more years are we going to debate PSSD and spend millions of man hours and dollars trialing supplements?
bigpoppa10040

Unread post by bigpoppa10040 »

I totally agree with you. It’s no doubt related to neuropathy. I don’t think it’s a classic neuropathy case as not everyone has instances of decreased small fibers. PFS organization did a study in penile skin and found no evidence of decreased nerve density I believe.
KJP21

Unread post by KJP21 »

bigpoppa10040 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:16 pm I totally agree with you. It’s no doubt related to neuropathy. I don’t think it’s a classic neuropathy case as not everyone has instances of decreased small fibers. PFS organization did a study in penile skin and found no evidence of decreased nerve density I believe.
Not sure how they could do that reliably when there are no markers for penile small fibers. We barely have enough markers to reliably detect on the arms. Most data is for ankle and thigh biopsies. Also even then, the sensitivity analyses range from 60 to 80%, far from perfect.
bigpoppa10040

I agree. Don’t quote me brotha.

Also,I don’t think it’s toxicity because there are plenty of people who report everything going back to completely normal off of the drug and then crashing a week, 2 weeks, 1 month later. Crazy. It’s the innate immune system kicking in.

I’ve treated patients with serotonin syndrome, people who have downed entire bottles of ssris and they have no complaints of what we have
KJP21

Unread post by KJP21 »

I’d also note that the PFS penile small fiber study was flawed because it used foreskin samples. I’d venture to say that almost everyone complaining of numbness is complaining about glans/head numbness, because that’s where the nerve endings are.

Take a piece of cold metal. Touch your foreskin, then touch your glans/head. I’m willing to bet it feels normal on the foreskin and noticeably diminished at the glans/head. Tell me if I’m wrong.

This insanity has to stop… We are losing people to suicide who could potentially be saved by a prednisone regime.

The “epigenetic change” talk is killing people!
bigpoppa10040

Bro, please reach out to me here with a DM, or text or whatever. There’s many many people who think like us that I’ve contacted and been in contact with. Couldn’t agree more with you. It’s sad cause we are losing people and it doesn’t have to be this way.
flexstar13

Unread post by flexstar13 »

So if it is SFN what can we do? I got tested slightly positive for SFN and had ANA labels 32 times too high. My dr does not know how to treat this and prescribed me some supplements for nerve healings. That’s it.