Can lemon cause a crash?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Sofa

Can lemon cause a crash?

Unread post by Sofa »

Have have been getting worse the last few days. More anhedonia and have lost my inner voice.

The only new thing is that i have started drinking hot water with lemon.

Could lemon extract/juice cause a crash?
Numby

Re: Can lemon cause a crash?

Unread post by Numby »

No.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Sofa wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:15 am Have have been getting worse the last few days. More anhedonia and have lost my inner voice.

Hey Sofa,
"Lemon juice, but not tea, reduces the glycemic response to bread in healthy volunteers: a randomized crossover trial"
https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 20-02228-x
Lemon is known in reducing blood glucose, it's a studied reaction that can feel a bit uncomfortable, I am not sure how you drink it, but if it's done with an empty stomach, that's even more uncomfortable. Low blood glucose can give a lot of mental symptoms like fatigue, difficulty concentrating, dizziness, or lightheadedness (brain fog).

That's is not a "crash".
Don't worry much about it, if you wanna keep drinking it, be sure to eat some glycemic food before.

Arahant
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Semogomes

Unread post by Semogomes »

arahant wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:48 am
Sofa wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:15 am Have have been getting worse the last few days. More anhedonia and have lost my inner voice.

Hey Sofa,
"Lemon juice, but not tea, reduces the glycemic response to bread in healthy volunteers: a randomized crossover trial"
Lemon is known in reducing blood glucose, it's a studied reaction that can feel a bit uncomfortable, I am not sure how you drink it, but if it's done with an empty stomach, that's even more uncomfortable. Low blood glucose can give a lot of mental symptoms like fatigue, difficulty concentrating, dizziness, or lightheadedness (brain fog).

That's is not a "crash".
Don't worry much about it, if you wanna keep drinking it, be sure to eat some glycemic food before.

Arahant
Hey bro, wasn't you the guy who was cured by buspirone? I'm not being cynical here, I just want to know why you still here or if Buspar was just a delusion.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Semogomes wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:39 pm
arahant wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:48 am

Hey Sofa,

That's is not a "crash".

Arahant
Hey bro, wasn't you the guy who was cured by buspirone? I'm not being cynical here, I just want to know why you still here or if Buspar was just a delusion.
I didn't get your point of pretending not to be cynical but being one bitter as fuck. Have you crashed on lemon juice? Wtf...I don't think this is a place to "search for cure" only, it's also for sharing and friendship. But it looks like you didn't get your cure and come to make pointless and off topic personal attacks (which is against this forum rules). You don't need to be an ashole.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)