Crackling in brain

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Maxin

Crackling in brain

Unread post by Maxin »

I’m just wondering if anyone else has gotten this symptom after ssri’s. It’s hard to describe. And it used to happened a lot more the first couple years after. It also happens more if I’m trying new treatments.
So when I move my head a certain way I will get this crackling in my head. It’s exactly like pop rocks. It seems to be located in the mid brain right in the center. I’m wondering if that’s actually where the damage has occurred? I’m also a more unusual case as my ssri damage is mostly severe anhedonia and fatigue. My sexual dysfunction wasn’t all that affected.
cdraham

Re: Crackling in brain

Unread post by cdraham »

I have that too. I think its brain zaps and its a sign of high extracellular serotonin in the brain.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

It seems like you and I have very similar issues going on as I’ve noticed our symptoms being the same in other posts as well.

Can you describe in more detail exactly what yours feels like and where in the brain you feel it. I feel like this is actually an important symptoms because it’s literally telling us where the damage is. I just spoke with a guy on fb whom also has this. He cold turkeyed off Zoloft.
He reminded of something. He says sometimes when falling alseep he hears this bzzzz sound that jolts him awake. This has happened to me ever now and again. It almost feels like a cross btw a brain zap and a mild seizure. Only happened when falling asleep and it’s very infrequent.
Sometimes I forget about all the weird shit my body/brain does now that’s not normal.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Because I actually don’t get brain zaps any more unless I lower estrogen or cortisol. I can’t remember I’ve trialed so many things in 16 years. But it’s very rare for me to experience them at all anymore.

So this is a little embarrassing but worth sharing. You know what’s interesting about my brain zaps? They always felt exactly like the feeling I would get after orgasm (and sorry to be personal, but I’ve lost all modestly) in the clitoral area. (This was pre-ssri). Like I would get this same zapping sensation there for a few minutes after. Same exact feeling as the way the brain zaps felt. So the clitoris is basically a small penis. So could the same receptors that are effecting the brain be the same ones we have in our sexual organs?
Most likely it’s the blood flow leaving the sexual organs to cause this zapping sensation. So perhaps the zapping is more related to blood flow diminishing in the brain, idk? As soon as I had my first brain zap I recognized that feeling as I’d experienced it before. Just in a different body part. And also after orgasm we don’t feel like sex again at that moment. So maybe our brain and organs are permanently stuck in that state almost. If we looked at them at them as a reflection of our brain?
flexstar13

Unread post by flexstar13 »

I hear cracks every time I turn my head left or right. I thought it was physical damage as I have neck issues and cannot ride my racing bike anymore. Never thought it could be pssd related…
I think I had this already before pssd but not sure
Henrik

Unread post by Henrik »

Maxin wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:51 pm It seems like you and I have very similar issues going on as I’ve noticed our symptoms being the same in other posts as well.

Can you describe in more detail exactly what yours feels like and where in the brain you feel it. I feel like this is actually an important symptoms because it’s literally telling us where the damage is. I just spoke with a guy on fb whom also has this. He cold turkeyed off Zoloft.
He reminded of something. He says sometimes when falling alseep he hears this bzzzz sound that jolts him awake. This has happened to me ever now and again. It almost feels like a cross btw a brain zap and a mild seizure. Only happened when falling asleep and it’s very infrequent.
Sometimes I forget about all the weird shit my body/brain does now that’s not normal.
Intresting i have those zaps and sounds sometimes before falling sleep…
prop

Unread post by prop »

This is the sound of cerebrospinal fluid. I also have this since PSSD.
Archive of PSSD recovery stories: https://pssd.netlify.app/
6-Eggs!

Unread post by 6-Eggs! »

I have only had the odd random ones here and there. Maybe less than 10 in 5 months? I had them before when I was 14 and didn't know it was the ssri I was put on short term then, I got them every few sec for several days. To me it feels like a fright/electric fence shock to the head/face and yes I have been shocked in the head by an electric fence before, feels much the same minus the pain.
north4

Unread post by north4 »

i have the same crackling sound, brain zaps was very strong when pssd started, like a fire in brain.... maxin can you please answer my question(private message) THANKS
Whatsapp join https://thinfi.com/cck5 password: pssd
Facebook join https://www.facebook.com/groups/postssrisexdysfunction
https://youtu.be/BIVe6Uf5pn8

PLEASE REGISTER TO FORUM AND WRITE YOUR STORY - TAKE PART IN TRAIL AND ERROR