Ginger makes me feel better. Am I the only one?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Tree

Re: Ginger makes me feel better. Am I the only one?

Unread post by Tree »

Halan wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:46 pm
Jaxx wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:16 pm Maybe not, but by sharing our experiences we can learn more about the risks.
I think we can all agree that pssd has different effects on us but lets be constructive and accept there are these differences and focus more on understanding the why
Sure, Jaxx. I agree with you.
But I don't think that guy is giving proper advice. He could tell his bad experiences without prophesying what's gonna happen to others. If people don't listen to him, does it means they have big egos? wtf?

Btw, ginger is also antimicrobial. There are theories about dysbiosis causing pssd symptoms, and ginger could be useful in treatment. The human body and its interactions are much more complicated and dynamic than we think. Thinking "ginger will crash you because it acts on 5-ht1a" is a totally flawed thought.
I was only really referring to one person.. chill. I don't believe there are multiple causes to pssd that doesn't make sense intuitively. I crashed really hard from ginger where all of my pssd symptoms became permeantly worse from one day to the next. The only logical explanation is 5ht1a desensitization because ginger is a 5ht1a agonist. I mean this isn't hard to figure out.
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

Tree wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:33 pm I was only really referring to one person.. chill. I don't believe there are multiple causes to pssd that doesn't make sense intuitively. I crashed really hard from ginger where all of my pssd symptoms became permeantly worse from one day to the next. The only logical explanation is 5ht1a desensitization because ginger is a 5ht1a agonist. I mean this isn't hard to figure out.
No, it's not the only "logical explanation". As I said, ginger has many effects on the human body. https://examine.com/supplements/ginger/
The human body and its dynamics are very complex.
There is a very good theory about the Gut-pssd connection. So we may even theorize that ginger and its anti-microbial effects affected your gut somehow and made you crash. Theories, ok. But making affirmative statements that you crashed because X substance affected Y receptors in your brain is flawed. You don't know if this is what really happened. You're VERY FAR from knowing it. Very. Far.

Btw, I totally agree with @Arahant
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

I would have to agree fully with TREE. Ginger is very bad for me, and can crash me for an entire week, causing shrinkage and worsening of ALL my symptoms. I am someone who responds very well to a cyproheptadine rebound and also St. John's Wort.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Assuming that 5ht1a agonism is the mechanism, i wonder why a crash would happen without a clear window before then?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Halan wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:30 pm
Tree wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:33 pm I was only really referring to one person.. chill. I don't believe there are multiple causes to pssd that doesn't make sense intuitively. I crashed really hard from ginger where all of my pssd symptoms became permeantly worse from one day to the next. The only logical explanation is 5ht1a desensitization because ginger is a 5ht1a agonist. I mean this isn't hard to figure out.
No, it's not the only "logical explanation". As I said, ginger has many effects on the human body. https://examine.com/supplements/ginger/
The human body and its dynamics are very complex.
There is a very good theory about the Gut-pssd connection. So we may even theorize that ginger and its anti-microbial effects affected your gut somehow and made you crash. Theories, ok. But making affirmative statements that you crashed because X substance affected Y receptors in your brain is flawed. You don't know if this is what really happened. You're VERY FAR from knowing it. Very. Far.

Btw, I totally agree with @Arahant
I had no issues tolerating ginger pre ssri. Post pssd I was on antibiotics for nearly a year from a back infection and tolerated them just fine. Pssd has nothing to do with your gut. It has to do with serotonin and your receptors. There are plenty of studies that support this claim and my extreme experiences seem to legitimize them. I'm literally sensitive to anything that raises serotonin and 5ht1a agonists. None of this a coincidence. I had to research and make connections myself in order to explain what is happening to me. Given the information on ssris, I'm convinced of the sert loss/5ht1a desensitization theory. If I had gut issues, maybe I'd believe in your theory, but I don't.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Jaxx wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:01 pm Assuming that 5ht1a agonism is the mechanism, i wonder why a crash would happen without a clear window before then?
I did, Jaxx. For the week and a half before crashing there was some improvement in my cognitive and sexual symptoms until one night i started feeling very warm, nauseous, agitated, panic attacks for no reason. I knew something was very wrong. I associate these symptoms with serotonin syndrome because they were extreme and something never experienced before. Since then my baseline has become completely fucked and never recovered. I suffer from extreme cognitive and sexual symptoms now.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Tree wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:24 am
Jaxx wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:01 pm Assuming that 5ht1a agonism is the mechanism, i wonder why a crash would happen without a clear window before then?
I did, Jaxx. For the week and a half before crashing there was some improvement in my cognitive and sexual symptoms until one night i started feeling very warm, nauseous, agitated, panic attacks for no reason. I knew something was very wrong. I associate these symptoms with serotonin syndrome because they were extreme and something never experienced before. Since then my baseline has become completely fucked and never recovered. I suffer from extreme cognitive and sexual symptoms now.
Maybe you explained it somewhere, but i cant find it easily, is it an agonist of the autoreceptor or the post 5ht1a receptor?
Some articles describe it as a partial agonist, which is surprising to lead to a crash. (Not challenging your experience, but trying to understand it better)
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

I crashed from ginger four weeks ago, and i am still getting worse. Is that normal?

Can you heal from a crash?

When you crash from ginger or other supplements, it should happen the same day or the next, and not day or weeks after right? The ginger is not that powerful to cause worsening symptoms for days or weeks?

I had worsening symptoms a few hours after the ginger. But then four days later i had a completely new symptom that keep getting worse. Six days later i noticed reduced orgasm and then anorgasmia. And a week later my anhedonia got way worse.

is that normal patters with crashes? From just one ice tea with ginger?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Jaxx wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:14 pm
Tree wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:24 am
Maybe you explained it somewhere, but i cant find it easily, is it an agonist of the autoreceptor or the post 5ht1a receptor?
Some articles describe it as a partial agonist, which is surprising to lead to a crash. (Not challenging your experience, but trying to understand it better)
It surprised me too. I didn't think something like this could cause such a severe crash. It just shows how messed up my/our neuroregulatory system is.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Sofa wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:41 am I crashed from ginger four weeks ago, and i am still getting worse. Is that normal?

Can you heal from a crash?

When you crash from ginger or other supplements, it should happen the same day or the next, and not day or weeks after right? The ginger is not that powerful to cause worsening symptoms for days or weeks?

I had worsening symptoms a few hours after the ginger. But then four days later i had a completely new symptom that keep getting worse. Six days later i noticed reduced orgasm and then anorgasmia. And a week later my anhedonia got way worse.

is that normal patters with crashes? From just one ice tea with ginger?
Give it some time for your body to recover. Crashes are usually caused from chronic use because it takes time for receptors to down regulate. You'll most likely be fine that being said stay away from ginger at all costs.