Ginger makes me feel better. Am I the only one?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
ErgogenicHealth

Re: Ginger makes me feel better. Am I the only one?

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

What do we suspect is the main mechanism behind Ginger crashing us? Is it the 5-HT1A Partial agonism?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

ErgogenicHealth wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:35 pm What do we suspect is the main mechanism behind Ginger crashing us? Is it the 5-HT1A Partial agonism?
Loss of sert expression via epigenetic changes from ssri is what makes us susceptible to crashes by 5ht1a agonists.
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

Tree wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:33 pm
ErgogenicHealth wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:35 pm What do we suspect is the main mechanism behind Ginger crashing us? Is it the 5-HT1A Partial agonism?
Loss of sert expression via epigenetic changes from ssri is what makes us susceptible to crashes by 5ht1a agonists.
How can we remedy this?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

ErgogenicHealth wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:06 am
Tree wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:33 pm
How can we remedy this?
Look at the recent posts on my most active topic
Kostakonkordia

Unread post by Kostakonkordia »

All nonsense, those who crash from ginger are chemically sensitivity duo to mercury. But you will never gonna accept it thus suffer indefinitely.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Kostakonkordia wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:41 am All nonsense, those who crash from ginger are chemically sensitivity duo to mercury. But you will never gonna accept it thus suffer indefinitely.
If you are going to make bold statement you better come with proof. Otherwise it will be deleted.
bupropioninducedPSSD

Unread post by bupropioninducedPSSD »

Ginger is a prokinetic and helps significantly with SIBO, which many in the PSSD community have (either caused by the drug or we were susceptible before taking the drug, hence leading to/exacerbating PSSD, it's hard to say). You'll find ginger in Motility Pro and many other supplements recommended for SIBO sufferers. That's what brings me here today, because I am a bit nervous about taking a ginger supplement for my SIBO, having seen crash reports. Do we have any real understanding of what's causing these crashes? To the OP: are you still supplementing with ginger without a problem?
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

bupropioninducedPSSD wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:21 pm Ginger is a prokinetic and helps significantly with SIBO, which many in the PSSD community have (either caused by the drug or we were susceptible before taking the drug, hence leading to/exacerbating PSSD, it's hard to say). You'll find ginger in Motility Pro and many other supplements recommended for SIBO sufferers. That's what brings me here today, because I am a bit nervous about taking a ginger supplement for my SIBO, having seen crash reports. Do we have any real understanding of what's causing these crashes? To the OP: are you still supplementing with ginger without a problem?
I don't know if I suffer from Sibo but I saw my digestive symptoms change and get worse after the second dose of escitalopram or bupropion, because bupropion constipates me more than escitalopram. I had rapid digestion but I had periods of diarrhea and constipation. now, digestion is very slow with pain, feelings of heaviness, bloating, flatulence, I eat at 5pm or6pm and at midnight I have the impression of having a full stomach or that it is not working.

I am from Belgium and my diet consisted of potatoes every day, apart from pasta and rice but very rarely.

At first I thought it was the food fried in oil that I wasn't digesting so I started by avoiding eating French fries. And then one day, I think I didn't want to spend my time peeling potatoes so I didn't do any and surprisingly I had digested them well. I continued like that and my digestive system was better so I concluded that I could no longer tolerate potatoes, or rather starch. So now I no longer eat potatoes, I rarely eat pasta and rarely rice because it also contains starch. I no longer consume starchy foods because they slow down digestion.

I still have problems with certain vegetables like eggplant. I don't eat legumes like beans, chickpeas, lentils.
So today don't mix my meal with bread.

Another thing that "improved" my digestive system is an antibiotic clindamycin DALACIN. Well I had huge diarrhea but my digestion was impeccable and this improvement lasted more or less 6 months. And why will you tell me? not necessarily for the reason you think, that is to say that it is an antibiotic and that it killed bacteria which were causing problems. So maybe it also had this impact but in fact clindamycin acts on nicotinic receptors. it increases the secretion of acetylcholine and therefore increases vagal tone and therefore digestion and peristalsis but also excitation and genital sensations. and what a joy to find a speed of digestion again.

I think that a treatment for chollinergic Parkinson's or an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor may be interesting.
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

Titeuf wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:51 pm
bupropioninducedPSSD wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:21 pm Ginger is a prokinetic and helps significantly with SIBO, which many in the PSSD community have (either caused by the drug or we were susceptible before taking the drug, hence leading to/exacerbating PSSD, it's hard to say). You'll find ginger in Motility Pro and many other supplements recommended for SIBO sufferers. That's what brings me here today, because I am a bit nervous about taking a ginger supplement for my SIBO, having seen crash reports. Do we have any real understanding of what's causing these crashes? To the OP: are you still supplementing with ginger without a problem?
I don't know if I suffer from Sibo but I saw my digestive symptoms change and get worse after the second treatment of escitalopram or bupropion, because bupropion constipates me more than escitalopram. I had rapid digestion but I had periods of diarrhea and constipation. now, digestion is very slow with pain, feelings of heaviness, bloating, flatulence, I eat at 5pm or 6pm and at midnight I have the impression of having a full stomach or that it is not working.

I am from Belgium and my diet consisted of potatoes every day, apart from pasta and rice but very rarely.

At first I thought it was the food fried in oil that I wasn't digesting so I started by avoiding eating French fries.
And then one day, I think I didn't want to spend my time peeling potatoes so I didn't do any and surprisingly I had digested them well.
I continued like that and my digestive system was better so I concluded that I could no longer tolerate potatoes, or rather starch.
So now I no longer eat potatoes, I rarely eat pasta and rarely rice because it also contains starch.
I no longer consume starchy foods because they slow down digestion.

I still have problems with certain vegetables like eggplant. I don't eat legumes like beans, chickpeas, lentils.
So today, i eat my meal with bread.

Another thing that "improved" my digestive system is an antibiotic clindamycin DALACIN.
Well I had huge diarrhea but my digestion was impeccable and this improvement lasted more or less 6 months.
And why will you tell me? not necessarily for the reason you think, that is to say that it is an antibiotic and that it killed bacteria which were causing problems. So maybe it also had this impact but in fact clindamycin acts on nicotinic receptors. it increases the secretion of acetylcholine and therefore increases vagal tone and therefore digestion and peristalsis but also excitation and genital sensations. and what a joy to find a speed of digestion again.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/194504/

I think that a treatment for chollinergic Parkinson's or an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor may be interesting.
bupropioninducedPSSD

Unread post by bupropioninducedPSSD »

That's very interesting. Your symptoms are very similar to mine (especially the feeling of not digesting), and what made me seek out a SIBO test (I'd recommend you take one, as all the foods you mentioned are classic culprits of SIBO flare-ups). I now understand that the bupropion either caused or exacerbated leaky-gut issues leading to an impaired Migrating Motor Complex (that's the feeling that your stomach is not working). Copying from google for ease here: "The MMC is responsible for cleaning the small intestine after eating. High levels of antibodies after a food poisoning event can cause MMC dysfunction, which can lead to SIBO." You can think of it as the stale food inside you ferments in the wrong places, feeding bad bugs causing dysbiosis that either causes or exacerbates serotonin dysregulation, potentially leading to or heightening PSSD.

Did the DALACIN significantly improve your PSSD symptoms as well (what percentage improvement)? Did the improvements last over time? I'm about to go on Xifaxin for the SIBO, and I've been on an herbal antimicrobial protocol for the past several months that appears to be helping, albeit in waves.