Is Rooibos tea safe?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Sofa

Is Rooibos tea safe?

Unread post by Sofa »

I really like to drink tea, but try to stay away from caffeine and herbs!

But i wondered if anyone tried Rooibos tea and it was okay? It had no caffeine in it, but i dont know how it will affect my PSSD!
Numby

Re: Is Rooibos tea safe?

Unread post by Numby »

You can drink any tea you like. It’s absolutely safe. PSSD is not influenced by food and drinks like rooibos tea. You are probably overthinking things a little and that’s what makes you feel worse. Take a break and stop reading and thinking about your body and possible PSSD symptoms.
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

Numby wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:09 pm You can drink any tea you like. It’s absolutely safe. PSSD is not influenced by food and drinks like rooibos tea. You are probably overthinking things a little and that’s what makes you feel worse. Take a break and stop reading and thinking about your body and possible PSSD symptoms.
I had some ice tea with ginger and got worse! Do you think thats just a coincidence then?
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

Absolutely. Things like ice tea do not make PSSD worse. Don’t let anybody tell you things like that. I’ve had PSSD since 2008. You can eat and drink whatever you want (except I would of course avoid alcohol, fast food and other unhealthy food, but not because it has a direct influence on paar but because it’s just not good for your body).
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

Numby wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:03 pm Absolutely. Things like ice tea do not make PSSD worse. Don’t let anybody tell you things like that. I’ve had PSSD since 2008. You can eat and drink whatever you want (except I would of course avoid alcohol, fast food and other unhealthy food, but not because it has a direct influence on paar but because it’s just not good for your body).
Thank you so much for your reply!

Is there any supplements, herbs or medication i should stay away from?
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

Since it’s been only a little more than four months since you developed the first symptoms, I would not try any meds or unknown/new supplements that people might recommend. From my experience you can expect a certain degree of improvement to occur naturally within the first year after stopping the medication that caused your symptoms. Since you didn’t take an SSRI, it’s even possible that you recover fully. Also: Try not to think about PSSD too much and try not to be too “obsessive” when it comes to observing your body.