Serotonin transporter deficiency drives estrogen-dependent obesity and glucose intolerance

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
cdraham

Re: Serotonin transporter deficiency drives estrogen-dependent obesity and glucose intolerance

Unread post by cdraham »

Estradiol/Test upregulates SERT so that might be part of a cure stack
highman

Re: Serotonin transporter deficiency drives estrogen-dependent obesity and glucose intolerance

Unread post by highman »

cdraham wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:10 pm Estradiol/Test upregulates SERT so that might be part of a cure stack
You can explain this more?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

highman wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:35 pm Berberine is killed and worsen symptoms. Don't try this!
Berberine is a 5ht1a agonist, that's why I'm avoiding it, even though it raises sert. Berberine also raises serotonin..
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

cdraham wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:53 am
Tree wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:00 pm I believe hormone/metabolic changes are downstream effects of sert loss. You reverse the sert inhibition and everything else will start to normalize.
Do we have any practical way to reverse SERT loss? I think evodiamine and berberine was tried by many
My theory is ssris causes permeant epigenetic changes to microrna which decreases sert expression. I believe we have to Inhibit gsk3b in the raphe preferably to reverse epigenetic changes and to upregulate sert expression. Lithium and valproic acid are gsk3b Inhibitors and substances I'm considering to try.