Piracetam

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
brman

Piracetam

Unread post by brman »

Piracetam - Originally posted by Sonny.

I have seen a little boost in the cognitive area. It seems a little sharper. Certain OCD symptoms are better. Like I seem to be able to get more done in a given amount of time. My mind feels fairly quiet most of the time. Obsessions are a little less frequent. One of them in particular is better than the others. Social anxiety has lessened a bit, and I seem to do better socially now. That part of my brain was pretty much non-functioning, and I had just learned to interact socially by rote, as I would learn anything. There seems to be something instinctual going on now. It's hard to say because this is completely new for me. That part of my brain was either damaged in birth trauma, in a head injury as a toddler or a combination of both.

I take 2 600mg capsules of choline bitartrate once a day. I did experiences headaches a little at the beginning, which is a common temporary side effect of piracetam. The main purpose of the choline is to help with that.

I have noticed no change at all with PTSD symptoms, it seems to be exactly the same. I am hoping that in time those effects start to kick in. I have only been on it a little over a week, so there is likely more to come.

My intention tremor and writing seems to be a little bit better.

Some of the things can really only be judged longer term, and some things it's hard to have a great deal of certainty about quantifying.
brman

Re: Piracetam

Unread post by brman »

PTSD symptoms are getting better now. I am continuing to make improvements in the other areas I mentioned too. I have been on a little over 3 weeks now. There should be more to come over the next couple weeks. I may increase my dosage and see what that does for me.
brman

Unread post by brman »

I have been on it a month now, and a few days ago, I increased from three times a day to four. I take three at a time. One thing that stands out is erections. They seem to be back 100% now. Everything else is still making progress, slow but steady.
brman

Unread post by brman »

Originally posted by Sonny.

I have been taking 12.8 grams per day, for a few days now and it is definitely increasing the effectiveness. I am going to stick with this dosage for a while and see how I progress. I do see a small improvement just about every day.
brman

Unread post by brman »

Originally posted by Sonny.

Moving up to the higher dose gave me a bit of an improvement. However it seems like it was fairly small. So I think increasing the dose would lead to smaller and smaller gains. I am taking four 800mg capsules four times per day. It has led to a significant improvement, but it's not a total cure. So I would recommend this as a treatment, especially for anyone with erection issues, because either the piracetam or the choline got that back to nearly 100%.

So the search continues, but this is definitely quite a remarkable find. I see this as one of the site successes, that we found this one. This won't make it like it was before, but this should at least give you a mostly functional sex life again.

I do need further testing. So anyone that wants to try this, please keep us informed of your results. The more people we can have in our study here, the better informed we can be about how likely this is to work for other people.
brman

Unread post by brman »

OP - Sonny.

I am taking Serious Nutrition Solutions 800MG capsules. However while looking for the link I no longer see it. I just see the powder.
http://www.amazon.com/Piracetam-Powder- ... 805&sr=8-6
Here is the choline I get.
http://www.amazon.com/Two-Staged-Timed- ... 427&sr=1-3

Piracetam improved everything in general. I have been taking 3.2 grams 4 times a day. The choline was originally for the headaches you can get when you first start taking piracetam. For whatever reason choline relieves that. My headaches were mild and infrequent and stopped after a week. I discovered choline helps quite a bit with erections. Another user here noticed that as well. I advised another person of that over e-mail, and I never heard from him again, so I assumed it must have done the trick. I was taking two, once a day, then I bumped it up to 3.
brman

Unread post by brman »

OP - Sonny

Headaches for the first couple weeks is the side effect, and it's countered with choline.
My problem is mostly difficulty reaching orgasm. Without any of the things I am taking, it could be quite strenuous and time consuming challenge. My strictly physical sex drive the "It's been a while, and I'm physically horny" thing is actually kind of high.....it's like being hungry, but for your genitals. The libido problem I have is the desire part of it. The food analogy would be like being the mood for a particular food and enjoying the taste of it while you eat it. It's hard to explain, so I hope this is making sense to you.
Erection problems I had were just difficulty getting and maintaining. That would get better and sometimes get worse. I could get hard, but it would soften up a little during any sexual activity of any kind.
Now I don't have much trouble with erections. If its a time when my libido is better than usual, I don't have any erection problems.

I think that while the cause may be the same for us, our different genetics may cause our symptoms to vary. Like for example there was another guy on here that had premature ejaculation, while I have the exact opposite.

As for sensitivity....I only had that a little, and it was circumcision-related. I resolved that with methods I discussed in the male specific section of the board. So my sensitivity was incidental and not related to PSSD, as far as I know. However my memory could be faulty. So maybe it did decrease sensitivity, but I got it back to the way I remembered it being by resolving a different sensitivity problem.

I can try decreasing the piracetam. That might be something that causes permanent changes. However I think the cure is going to be a series of drugs/supplements we take for life.

BTW a high dose of buspar will make your symptoms go away about 99%, until it wears off. That's what I use when things get bad.
brman

Unread post by brman »

OP - Sonny

Piracetam will make some permanent changes, and then that's all you will get from it. I just took it for a few months. I got better results from choline and huperzine. You adapt to it a little, but it still helps.

It seems like the severity of this problem waxes and wains for absolutely no reason. So it can be very hard to figure out how much you get out of something.
brman

Unread post by brman »

Let's be serious this time. Serious collaborative research. We do not need debates, we need take action, try the stuffs, discuss ideas and just do it!!!!
Soon I want to post everything that I did to get better. I can really say that I'm a lot of better from pssd and I will release my protocol soon because now have almost 1 year that I'm doing sex regularly and I do not take nothing for the pssd anymore and I can have amazing sex with my wife. I regained my sexual function and soon I will share what I did. Basically it was a mix of drugs and suplemments based on blood tests, symptoms and what some good doctors said to me. Do not give up guys, I know it sucks, pssd is a shit, sometimes just the fact that you know that you never will be like before because a drug prescribed by a doctor is very depressing, maybe you do not will be like before but you can at least regain your sexual function and do a lot of good sex again even if you need drugs, suplemments or whatever. I hope that what worked for me will work for others guys and gals too. I just need more time to think better in the chronology of the stuffs that I took. But if you did not made it already do it, the first thing is take piracetam and choline for at least 2months and a half. Later I will talk about the others stuffs, have a lot of stuff to take, for me you need target all the organs and indirectly target the brain, but I do not will talk about theories for now, if you did not made it yet, begin now to take 12 grams of piracetam per day in 3 doses of 4 grams with 800mg of choline bitartrate in the morning, noon and night (do not need to be those special types of choline like CDP, citicoline, need to be just the plain choline bitartrate) !!!!!
SingleCell

Unread post by SingleCell »

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16007238

Abstract
"Piracetam, a derivative of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), has a variety of physiological effects that may result, at least in part, from the restoration of cell membrane fluidity. At a neuronal level, piracetam modulates neurotransmission in a range of transmitter systems (including cholinergic and glutamatergic), has neuroprotective and anticonvulsant properties, and improves neuroplasticity. At a vascular level, it appears to reduce erythrocyte adhesion to vascular endothelium, hinder vasospasm, and facilitate microcirculation. This diverse range of physiological effects is consistent with its use in a range of clinical indications. Its efficacy is documented in cognitive disorders and dementia, vertigo, cortical myoclonus, dyslexia, and sickle cell anemia. While high doses are sometimes necessary, piracetam is well tolerated."