Safe medications?

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
npiccio

Safe medications?

Unread post by npiccio »

Hi everyone, sorry for my bad English.

I try to be brief, I suffer from OCD and I absolutely need drug help to get out of it. I had already taken escitalopram and lamotrigine then stopped when I discovered the existence of PSSD. But with psychotherapy alone, I think I can't manage to overcome the OCD.

What medications can I take safely? I looked for a list somewhere but couldn't find anything. Can bupropion and lamotrigine for example be safe?
Last edited by npiccio on Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JakeLawe

Re: Safe medications for OCD?

Unread post by JakeLawe »

NAC, Kratom.
Kostakonkordia

Unread post by Kostakonkordia »

npiccio wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:16 am Hi everyone, sorry for my bad English.

I try to be brief, I suffer from OCD and I absolutely need drug help to get out of it. I had already taken escitalopram and lamotrigine then stopped when I discovered the existence of PSSD. But with psychotherapy alone, I think I can't manage to overcome the OCD.

What medications can I take safely? I looked for a list somewhere but couldn't find anything. Can bupropion and lamotrigine for example be safe?
A drug won't solve you're problem. You have to solve you're underlying conflicts. Like anger or anxiety. Maybe you are heavy metal toxic that could also be the case. Or dysbiotic. I have read some people got rid of their ocd by chelating heavy metals. Go on facebook and join the Andy cutler group. It's the only safe way of chelating.
When did you get the ocd?
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

NAC
npiccio

Unread post by npiccio »

I'm back, thanks for the replies. I tried the NAC but it doesn't do anything, I'm trying some herbs and I have some small improvements, but not enough.
p.s. I've been doing psychotherapy for 15 months.

I think I absolutely have to take some medicine to get better (I'm thinking more and more about suicide). Are there safe antidepressants and mood stabilizers regarding PSSD? From reading it seems to me that Bupropion and Lamotrigine should be safe, or not?

Sorry for my english, thank you all.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

npiccio wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:22 pm I'm back, thanks for the replies. I tried the NAC but it doesn't do anything, I'm trying some herbs and I have some small improvements, but not enough.

I think I absolutely have to take some medicine to get better (I'm thinking more and more about suicide). Are there safe antidepressants and mood stabilizers regarding PSSD? From reading it seems to me that Bupropion and Lamotrigine should be safe, or not?

Which dosage of NAC and how long you took it?

It's a mild anti obsessive, found mostly useful when combined with clomipramine.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
npiccio

Unread post by npiccio »

arahant wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:37 pm
npiccio wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:22 pm I'm back, thanks for the replies. I tried the NAC but it doesn't do anything, I'm trying some herbs and I have some small improvements, but not enough.

It's a mild anti obsessive, found mostly useful when combined with clomipramine.

Sorry but I don't understand, clomipramine can't give PSSD?

For the NAC, I took 2000mg a day for about 3 weeks but it didn't help.

I would like to know, are there safe antidepressants (bupropion or others)?
cosmo

Unread post by cosmo »

npiccio wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:51 pm

Clomipramine is what gave me PSSD, I would stay away from it.
I took various SSRI and even antipsychotics before but I never developed sexual dysfunctions.
I took clomipramine for more than two years, stopped 5 months ago but I still have severe ED
Anafranil (Clomipramine) May 2019-October 2021
Lantanon (Mianserin) May 2019-May 2021
Trittico (Trazodone) May 2021-October 2021
Rivotril (Clonazepam) May 2019-present

PSSD since October 2021

Symptoms: low libido and severe ED
arahant

Re: Safe medications?

Unread post by arahant »

npiccio wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:51 pm

I just mentioned clomipramine+NAC because there's a trial testing this combination for OCD. There's no claim of that being not possible to give pssd, actually clomipramine is fucking strong and it doesn't work in only 3 weeks.

The trials of NAC found it effective on the range 2400 mg - 3000mg after 12 weeks. 3 weeks is nothing compared to that.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
bockemossen

Re: Safe medications?

Unread post by bockemossen »

Check out memantine