Concerta vs. Adderal

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Jaxx

Re: Concerta vs. Adderal

Unread post by Jaxx »

Well, many adhd patients need to take breaks due to tolerance of their meds.
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

@arahant Thank you!
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

I prefer methylphenidate to amphetamine myself, I take only 5mgs and only as needed and that's enough to improve my mood for a while. When I take more I get euphoric and of course I love it but then my heart may start racing much and I may get jittery and I hate that but not as much as suddenly being bedridden because of the comedown of having taken too much, I lay there resting thinking I could die of a heart attack or something with as little as 10mg in one take and my mind feels dead for several hours..I waste virtually a whole day recovering I hate it so much I haven't ventured to take more than 5 or 7 mgs at a time anymore.

This being said I do recommend low dosage/ microdose of Methylphenidate as a better antidepressant than SSRIs can ever be, nevermind sexually wise and to me/ in my perspective of course.
FindGoodNickname

Integra wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:19 am Fatigue and tiredness is caused by noradrenaline. Adderall and concerta don't help
Why do you say that?
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

I have cfs from lexapro 100%. I’ve been in contact with quite a few that also have it abs lexapro seems to trigger cfs the most for some reason. And I do believe there is a dysfunction in noradrenaline signaling. And I have to strongly disagree @jaxx by saying there is no relation to pssd and cfs when it’s been discussed time and time again here and across the board.
I was a ballerina and during my ssri withdrawal I would tell my colleagues that it felt as though I could not produce adrenaline any longer. Walking on stage was the same feeling as walking across the living room. And this was coming from someone that had more performance anxiety than most. Complete 180 and my response has never returned.
The minute you close off other peoples experience with your own personal perspective of ssri damage, you end up very close minded to the complexities of how these drugs can alter oneself. Pssd is but one aspect of a much broader condition.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Mentally I feel almost too healthy. I can’t create an anxiety or stress about anything anymore. Like my brain cannot produce those responses. We are left with a very weakened and flat stress response in general. And no one knows if it’s due to cortisol dysregulation, noradrenaline, norepinephrine, but that whole system is not reacting at all. And most likely the answer is somewhere. And it’s downstream effects everything sexually. It’s an apathy of everything in the body. You need sparks of emotion anxiety and excitement for the body to respond sexually. Your body produces those exact chemicals above in order to function. So it’s all related point being.
FindGoodNickname

@Maxin Can you describe your CFS, please?

I am asking because I sleep 13 hours / day.
I don't know if I have CFS or narcolepsy.

About your non-existing stage fright: What an amazing find. Really impressive!