Concerta vs. Adderal

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
FindGoodNickname

Concerta vs. Adderal

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

Hello!

Fatigue / tiredness has become a major problem for me over the last 13 months.

Because I am so desperate, I told a psychiatrist about PSSD and about fatigue and then told him I would like to try Concerta Retard (because somewhere here or on Reddit wrote that it helps him with fatigue).

I have used 18 mg / day for the last 5 days. I have been euphoric for 30 minutes, then only a little bit nervous, but no other effect. I still could fall asleep very easily (it takes me just 30 seconds or less to fall asleep very tightly. It's like an immediate narcosis).

Today, I have used 36 mg. It felt like 18 mg = almost no effect.

Should I go even higher, or should I switch to Adderal for example?

Thank you for any hint!
BlackCat

Re: Concerta vs. Adderal

Unread post by BlackCat »

Adderal is stronger from what I've heard.

It is strange though that you can fall asleep after ritalin.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:00 pm Hello!

Fatigue / tiredness has become a major problem for me over the last 13 months.

Because I am so desperate, I told a psychiatrist about PSSD and about fatigue and then told him I would like to try Concerta Retard (because somewhere here or on Reddit wrote that it helps him with fatigue).

I have used 18 mg / day for the last 5 days. I have been euphoric for 30 minutes, then only a little bit nervous, but no other effect. I still could fall asleep very easily (it takes me just 30 seconds or less to fall asleep very tightly. It's like an immediate narcosis).

Today, I have used 36 mg. It felt like 18 mg = almost no effect.

Should I go even higher, or should I switch to Adderal for example?

Thank you for any hint!
You just started the medication and already doubled the dose expecting some hit?

Both doses are still on a range given to kids.

Concerta is the best methylphenidate capsule technology, it lasts about 12 h. And it's designed to give no hit, but steadily release.

But should talk to your psychiatrist before ramping up dosage anyways.

Also there's a condition called narcolepsy which has nothing to do with pssd. And it is treated with stimulants, sometimes modafinil.

Best of luck.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

Oh, I don't want narcolepsy, but what they write about it ("Irresistible urge to sleep") fits just perfectly right.
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

Fatigue and tiredness is caused by noradrenaline. Adderall and concerta don't help
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Integra wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:19 am Fatigue and tiredness is caused by noradrenaline. Adderall and concerta don't help
At best this is speculation, but more likely even wrong information. If you make bold statements, provide a source. New members can act on these type of posts, with unknown consequences.
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

Jaxx wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:36 am
Integra wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:19 am Fatigue and tiredness is caused by noradrenaline. Adderall and concerta don't help
At best this is speculation, but more likely even wrong information. If you make bold statements, provide a source. New members can act on these type of posts, with unknown consequences.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/a ... MC4858924/
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

This is an article on cfs, it doesnt mean it applies to OP’s situation or pssd at all. The article mentions higher plasma levels of noradrenaline in cfs patients, without pointing this out as a rootcause, or discussing ineffectiveness of noradrenaline medication.
Plus OP is on sertraline, which can cause fatigue by itself.

From my experience, adhd medication can help, but will give some tolerance after a while. Rasagiline is a good alternative and i suggest to discuss options with your doctor after giving things a fair chance.
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

Chronic fatigue is a symptom of disorder of the autonomic nervous system. Also many of us have postural orthostatic tachycardia, that is also related to autonomic nervous system. In community of cfs almost all have a postural orthostatic tachycardia.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 9719302190
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

Jaxx wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:47 am This is an article on cfs, it doesnt mean it applies to OP’s situation or pssd at all.
Plus he is on sertraline
He has fatigue as symptom of pssd and it was before sertraline. He reinstated sertraline on October 2021. In this post he writes about 13 months of fatigue, so it's already chronic