CBG brought back Pre-PSSD anxiety

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
AskingAlexandria

CBG brought back Pre-PSSD anxiety

Unread post by AskingAlexandria »

Hello all, hope this finds you as well as you can possibly be.

I'd like to start by clarifying that I am a long time lurker on the forum, however very active on the PSSD Discord(s).

So here are my (6 year long so far) symptoms: Anhedonia / emotional blunting, poor cognition, genital numbness, pleasureless orgasm, akathisia, visual snow, dry mouth, head pressure and genital shrinkage.

What caused my PSSD: Fluoxetine and Strattera (Atomoxetine). I developed these while on the medications and discontinuing them did not improve my symptoms.

During my entire time with PSSD, my pre-PSSD (severe) anxiety was essentially numbed to the point I could not feel it.

I decided to try CBG (isolate) as one of my cure attempts. Taking CBG isolate for about a month and a half brought back my pre-PSSD anxiety full force. I still have basically all my other PSSD symptoms, however as soon as the anxiety came back I stopped. I stopped due to the very obvious discomfort of the severe anxiety.

3 months later I still have my pre-PSSD anxiety and only benzos such as Xanax have helped as symptomatic relief.

What I take away from this is that maybe if I continue the CBG isolate for a much longer period of time, more of my PSSD symptoms could get better. However I have not tried reinstating as of yet.

Apologies if the post seems disorganized. Mind is all over the place these days. Considering this is the biggest change to my PSSD in a long time, I feel I owe the community an explanation of my experience.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Integra

Re: CBG brought back Pre-PSSD anxiety

Unread post by Integra »

Sorry to hear man. Thanks for your response
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

So as the anxiety is back so are some or all your sexual functions?
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

Improve your anxiety first. Anxiety / depression is one of the sex killers.
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

AskingAlexandria wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:12 am Hello all, hope this finds you as well as you can possibly be.

I'd like to start by clarifying that I am a long time lurker on the forum, however very active on the PSSD Discord(s).

So here are my (6 year long so far) symptoms: Anhedonia / emotional blunting, poor cognition, genital numbness, pleasureless orgasm, akathisia, visual snow, dry mouth, head pressure and genital shrinkage.

What caused my PSSD: Fluoxetine and Strattera (Atomoxetine). I developed these while on the medications and discontinuing them did not improve my symptoms.

During my entire time with PSSD, my pre-PSSD (severe) anxiety was essentially numbed to the point I could not feel it.

I decided to try CBG (isolate) as one of my cure attempts. Taking CBG isolate for about a month and a half brought back my pre-PSSD anxiety full force. I still have basically all my other PSSD symptoms, however as soon as the anxiety came back I stopped. I stopped due to the very obvious discomfort of the severe anxiety.

3 months later I still have my pre-PSSD anxiety and only benzos such as Xanax have helped as symptomatic relief.

What I take away from this is that maybe if I continue the CBG isolate for a much longer period of time, more of my PSSD symptoms could get better. However I have not tried reinstating as of yet.

Apologies if the post seems disorganized. Mind is all over the place these days. Considering this is the biggest change to my PSSD in a long time, I feel I owe the community an explanation of my experience.

Feel free to ask any questions.
So, since you quit taking CBG you still have anxiety?
I agree with the thinking of anxiety numbness, that maybe you're getting less numb and the anxiety is the first things you can feel. In another hand, CBG is known to give anxiety so that's not easy to make the difference between a side effect and a recover of numbness state...
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

That happened to me with zinc. But not actual zinc (which I’ve taken before) but with zicam. Which, correct me if I’m wrong, is actually homeopathic. So that’s weird. But legit everything that I react to is weird after ssri damage. It was uncomfortable to have the anxiety back. Especially because I deal with post ssri chronic fatigue. There is no hell greater on earth that being utterly exhausted with an added layer of anxiety. But I never know if it’s a good sign in the long run to at least have something turning on again. Feeling something