Matcha crash

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Greenbrighton

Matcha crash

Unread post by Greenbrighton »

I had very severe pssd for about two years. Dry mouth, dry skin, insomnia, derealization, depersonalization, complete sexual dysfunction, anhedonia, genital atrophy, asexuality, no dreams. I avoided all supplements, dairy, medications and just let myself heal naturally for about a year. It took nearly a year of no improvements and then something amazing happened. The past three months I’ve had huge improvements. Every area improved. I was doing so much better. I still had very Low sexual function and libido, but when you are severe, those things aren’t that big of a deal and I think in time they would have gotten even better.

Well I had been doing well until last week. I had a matcha tea which I had no worries about. I just thought it sounded good. Immediately after I became really wired m, almost euphoric and have not been able to sleep since. Nearly all my improvements have reversed and I feel just as bad as I did a year ago. How does tea do this? Has anyone crashed from matcha and gotten better. It’s just bizarre to me because I’ve had the occasional soda with no problems. I haven’t had problems with food or drinks in ages. Then I have this and it crashes me unexpectedly.
cpwsu1241

Re: Matcha crash

Unread post by cpwsu1241 »

What was your specific diet? Just curious
Brain food

Unread post by Brain food »

Matcha supposedly boosts libido under normal circumstances. This is probably all anecdotal and not scientifically proven.

“The health-boosting benefits of green tea are due to the unique blend of catechins and polyphenols it contains, and the way Matcha is cultivated and prepared ensures maximum potency retention. So, although regular green tea is good for the health, Matcha is even better, and a healthy body is better capable of providing and enjoying good sex.

However, that’s not the only reason Matcha is such a good aphrodisiac. Green tea also contains vasodilation.

Vasodilation is a natural process that causes the walls of the blood vessels to relax and attain a slightly more full diameter, which lowers the blood pressure and improves the circulation. Vasodilation is as beneficial for the mind as it is for the body because all the major organs, including the brain, receive extra oxygen and nutrients.

Bodybuilders sometimes take supplements designed to provide vasodilation because they want to train harder and experience a better “pump,” but when the circulation is improved, it can also help pump-up the penis and allow men enjoy a harder and longer-lasting erection.

Matcha can improve the sex life of women too, and can work exceptionally well for women who are going through the menopause because it helps to balance estrogen levels. This action can help alleviate or reduce many of the symptoms of menopause, including diminished interest in sex.

The L-Theanine in Matcha also has a role to play in helping men and women enjoy better sex because it boosts dopamine production. Dopamine activates the area of the brain that’s responsible for feeling pleasure, increases attraction, and helps make sex more enjoyable.”

https://guycounseling.com/matcha-green-tea-libido/
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Brain food wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:09 pm Matcha supposedly boosts libido under normal circumstances. This is probably all anecdotal and not scientifically proven.

“The health-boosting benefits of green tea are due to the unique blend of catechins and polyphenols it contains, and the way Matcha is cultivated and prepared ensures maximum potency retention. So, although regular green tea is good for the health, Matcha is even better, and a healthy body is better capable of providing and enjoying good sex.

However, that’s not the only reason Matcha is such a good aphrodisiac. Green tea also contains vasodilation.

Vasodilation is a natural process that causes the walls of the blood vessels to relax and attain a slightly more full diameter, which lowers the blood pressure and improves the circulation. Vasodilation is as beneficial for the mind as it is for the body because all the major organs, including the brain, receive extra oxygen and nutrients.

Bodybuilders sometimes take supplements designed to provide vasodilation because they want to train harder and experience a better “pump,” but when the circulation is improved, it can also help pump-up the penis and allow men enjoy a harder and longer-lasting erection.

Matcha can improve the sex life of women too, and can work exceptionally well for women who are going through the menopause because it helps to balance estrogen levels. This action can help alleviate or reduce many of the symptoms of menopause, including diminished interest in sex.

The L-Theanine in Matcha also has a role to play in helping men and women enjoy better sex because it boosts dopamine production. Dopamine activates the area of the brain that’s responsible for feeling pleasure, increases attraction, and helps make sex more enjoyable.”

https://guycounseling.com/matcha-green-tea-libido/
Interesting, It's always good to provide extra information on those "tea-crashes".
Although the OP reported getting "euphoric and have not been able to sleep since", that can easily be a manic episode completely unrelated to the tea itself.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Greenbrighton

Interesting, It's always good to provide extra information on those "tea-crashes".
Although the OP reported getting "euphoric and have not been able to sleep since", that can easily be a manic episode completely unrelated to the tea itself.
[/quote]

Yeah not when I’ve never had manic episodes before in my life and this definitely wasn’t one. Thanks though. The euphoria came with the tea and left shortly after. I’m not one who worries over what I’m eating or drinking and I haven’t crashed in a long time, without taking meds or anything, so this was unexpected.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Greenbrighton wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:08 pm
Yeah not when I’ve never had manic episodes before in my life and this definitely wasn’t one. Thanks though. The euphoria came with the tea and left shortly after. I’m not one who worries over what I’m eating or drinking and I haven’t crashed in a long time, without taking meds or anything, so this was unexpected.
You said you are without sleep, if that's persists for a couple of days, I would get checked by a professional ASAP. Sleep deprivation can mess the brain real quick, even mimicking hallucinations symptoms that can be misdiagnosed and prescribed antipsychotics.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Greenbrighton

arahant wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:08 am [quote=Greenbrighton post_id=45229 time=<a href="tel:1643249309">1643249309</a> user_id=2478]

You said you are without sleep, if that's persists for a couple of days, I would get checked by a professional ASAP. Sleep deprivation can mess the brain real quick, even mimicking hallucinations symptoms that can be misdiagnosed and prescribed antipsychotics.
[/quote]

I slept about three hours a night for a year after my reactions. Those professionals didn’t help me a bit. Doing much better mentally and psychically without them. Only improved after staying away from them. A week or two will be fine. My sleep actually improved last night, so it was a minor crash.
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

I spoke about L-Theanine crashing libido here: https://raypeatforum.com/community/thre ... ido.21472/
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

ErgogenicHealth wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:08 pm I spoke about L-Theanine crashing libido here: https://raypeatforum.com/community/thre ... ido.21472/
Interesting, I can imagine the amount of "libido crashes" that may happen in Japan/China every day.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Breathdeep

Unread post by Breathdeep »

Greenbrighton wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:54 am I had very severe pssd for about two years. Dry mouth, dry skin, insomnia, derealization, depersonalization, complete sexual dysfunction, anhedonia, genital atrophy, asexuality, no dreams. I avoided all supplements, dairy, medications and just let myself heal naturally for about a year. It took nearly a year of no improvements and then something amazing happened. The past three months I’ve had huge improvements. Every area improved. I was doing so much better. I still had very Low sexual function and libido, but when you are severe, those things aren’t that big of a deal and I think in time they would have gotten even better.

Well I had been doing well until last week. I had a matcha tea which I had no worries about. I just thought it sounded good. Immediately after I became really wired m, almost euphoric and have not been able to sleep since. Nearly all my improvements have reversed and I feel just as bad as I did a year ago. How does tea do this? Has anyone crashed from matcha and gotten better. It’s just bizarre to me because I’ve had the occasional soda with no problems. I haven’t had problems with food or drinks in ages. Then I have this and it crashes me unexpectedly.
Green tea is weak maoi if I remember but you should return to baseline soon. Btw you said you had no sexual improvement till a year and then sudden?
Can you explain a bit more. How long were you on medication that caused your pssd also?
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions