Reinstating SSRI

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
fth

Reinstating SSRI

Unread post by fth »

I've been considering reinstating fluoxetine (the ssri that gave me pssd) because I see no other way anymore. Fluoxetine helped me so much when I was taking it and compared to other people on this forum, I mainly have issues with libido with no other pssd symptoms afaik. After I quit fluoxetine I was doing really well for a while until covid hit and I quit smoking cigs. I had the biggest relapse ever and it keeps worsening.

I'm still on the fence though because I really don't want to worsen my pssd, but on the other hand I can't really live like this anymore and I feel stuck. I've already accepted that I might never get my libido back again and if I'm ever in a position to date again I'll just look for people that are asexual, but I don't want to get more symptoms.

I don't really know what my question is. I've read some reinstatement succes stories on here but obviously there could be risks to it as well. What's the worst that could happen if I reinstate fluoxetine?

EDIT: And another question, would it be better for me to take fluoxetine or another ssri?
► Fluoxetine & methylphenidate (03/2016 - 07/2019)
► Symptoms started somewhere in 2018
► Social phobia (formerly), OCD, ADHD
► Dexamphetamine (06/2021 - now)
🇳🇱
Jcumbo

Re: Reinstating SSRI

Unread post by Jcumbo »

I wouldn't ever take another ssri. Just think about it, it's the very substance that caused you these issues. As an example you don't hear the PFS Guys saying "oh I'm going to reinstate Propecia in the hopes of getting better" please if you only have sexual sides don't take the risks of worsening your condition.
You may well get better with more time. That's my two cents as I was a mild case and became severe by taking sjw, which is an sri. Listen to your intuition. All the best mate.
Brain food

Unread post by Brain food »

Jcumbo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:48 pm I wouldn't ever take another ssri. Just think about it, it's the very substance that caused you these issues. As an example you don't hear the PFS Guys saying "oh I'm going to reinstate Propecia in the hopes of getting better" please if you only have sexual sides don't take the risks of worsening your condition.
You may well get better with more time. That's my two cents as I was a mild case and became severe by taking sjw, which is an sri. Listen to your intuition. All the best mate.
St’ John’s wort isn’t an sri.
Jcumbo

Unread post by Jcumbo »

I believe it is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Not a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. I do know that it affects at least 44 different receptors plus the cpr6 ion channels. I do wonder if my crash was due to the serotonin part or the possible 5 ar inhibitor part of st John's wort but I really have no idea.
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

Jcumbo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:00 pm I believe it is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Not a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. I do know that it affects at least 44 different receptors plus the cpr6 ion channels. I do wonder if my crash was due to the serotonin part or the possible 5 ar inhibitor part of st John's wort but I really have no idea.
There are different versions sjw. Version with hyperforin is serotonin reuptake inhibitor
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

I'd give kratom a shot, with SSRIs seems one year one gets no bad shit, the next one one does, the next is miracle stuff and 10 years later acts as broccoli.

kratom and other antidepressant like stimulants seem to be more consistent and have not been linked to tortuous and nightmarish phenomenon like this one, meaning if you quit because you didn't like whatever effect, then is back to base like normal friggin drugs, including illegal and whatnot. This being said you could get lucky with fluoxetine, I just rather be depressed as shit than risk it tbh, specially since there's so many alternatives, maois, stimulants etc. but it's your call.
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

JakeLawe wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:38 pm I'd give kratom a shot, with SSRIs seems one year one gets no bad shit, the next one one does, the next is miracle stuff and 10 years later acts as broccoli.

kratom and other antidepressant like stimulants seem to be more consistent and have not been linked to tortuous and nightmarish phenomenon like this one, meaning if you quit because you didn't like whatever effect, then is back to base like normal friggin drugs, including illegal and whatnot. This being said you could get lucky with fluoxetine, I just rather be depressed as shit than risk it tbh, specially since there's so many alternatives, maois, stimulants etc. but it's your call.
Hi man, did u delete your post? I don't see him. I will answer for you here.

Before ad i never had any depression, trauma or anxiety on clinical level. And never took any antidepressants. I already have lyme when these symptoms appeared. Some people with lyme said that it's not cause of ad, but lyme symptoms. But I doubt it's lyme symptoms, at least I haven't seen genital anesthesia or shrinkage in anyone with lyme. Iyme is very difficult for treatment.

I can cry, but feel nothing. At now It feels as option, which u can easily switch on and switch off.

I like any suggestions and conversations. It gives some relief for my thoughts. I discovered about pssd recently, 2 months ago, cuz i was been thought my symptoms it's lyme and some symptoms it's must go away with time (as a result of antidepressant). I don't have hypothesis. But i think it's more complex functional damage. I go to Cymbalta group Facebook, and many people got many different neurological symptoms, with pssd or without pssd. So i think antidepressants caused damage not just to central nervous system and also autonomic nervous system. Sorry for a little text, at now i have difficult with concentration and writing some thoughts about something. And sorry for my English, it was better before, but now i forgot many things and words.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

Integra wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:27 pm
JakeLawe wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:38 pm I'd give kratom a shot, with SSRIs seems one year one gets no bad shit, the next one one does, the next is miracle stuff and 10 years later acts as broccoli.

Before ad i never had any depression, trauma or anxiety on clinical level. And never took any antidepressants. I already have lyme when these symptoms appeared. Some people with lyme said that it's not cause of ad, but lyme symptoms. But I doubt it's lyme symptoms, at least I haven't seen genital anesthesia or shrinkage in anyone with lyme. Iyme is very difficult for treatment.

I can cry, but feel nothing. At now It feels as option, which u can easily switch on and switch off.

I like any suggestions and conversations. It gives some relief for my thoughts. I discovered about pssd recently, 2 months ago, cuz i was been thought my symptoms it's lyme and some symptoms it's must go away with time (as a result of antidepressant). I don't have hypothesis. But i think it's more complex functional damage. I go to Cymbalta group Facebook, and many people got many different neurological symptoms, with pssd or without pssd. So i think antidepressants caused damage not just to central nervous system and also autonomic nervous system. Sorry for a little text, at now i have difficult with concentration and writing some thoughts about something. And sorry for my English, it was better before, but now i forgot many things and words.
Yeah, I've seen the Lyme hypothesis before. But as you say i doubt there's genital numbness there?

Did some life events happen when your symptoms started?
Something that would cause you sadness? anxiety? stress?
Do you consider yourself to be a highly sensitive person?

Also: Do you have a history of hypochondria? obsessions? you telling me you didn't feel anything was off before you were prescribed ssri for what, pain?? there's better stuff for pain btw and I've never heard of ssri being analgesic so that's kinda off you were prescribed that for pain if you ask me.

If you can cry I think that's good sign of healing, you need do more perhaps..or laughter.. but crying means you're getting your sensitivity back, your humanity back, poetically speaking.

I've no idea what this phenomenon is. I think SSRIs can mess up with hormones, vitamins, minerals etc, tightens muscles, etc but I also think one's own mind can too.

If I was you I'd look for ways to treat my mental health, treat everything as if it was depression and anxiety even if you disagree is that, focus on healing the mind instead of your dick, for example if the conversion hypothesis is correct the dick will follow with meds and/or time etc.

I can't seem to help myself, buddy so of course I can't help you.

But couldn't help suggesting you Kratom as antidepressant, doesn't mean you'd need be on it forever.. just like a jump starter.. and kratom has different effects according to dosage.. experiment with it I'd say. lower dosages are more like caffeine but without the anxiety and higher will help you with mood and pain. Probably don't take more than 10 grams a day abd keep it at 4-6 grams I'd say. Red bali or maenga strains. Kratom can make you aggressive/Irritable at first, I think is just one touching that angst within.. but it passes, specially if you adjust dosage.

Also I suspect people with ED would benefit from apomorphine in case anyone's interested.

You may find this article interesting:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6908863/
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

JakeLawe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:46 pm
Integra wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:27 pm

Yeah, I've seen the Lyme hypothesis before. But as you say i doubt there's genital numbness there?

Did some life events happen when your symptoms started?
Something that would cause you sadness? anxiety? stress?
Do you consider yourself to be a highly sensitive person?

Also: Do you have a history of hypochondria? obsessions? you telling me you didn't feel anything was off before you were prescribed ssri for what, pain?? there's better stuff for pain btw and I've never heard of ssri being analgesic so that's kinda off you were prescribed that for pain if you ask me.

If you can cry I think that's good sign of healing, you need do more perhaps..or laughter.. but crying means you're getting your sensitivity back, your humanity back, poetically speaking.

I've no idea what this phenomenon is. I think SSRIs can mess up with hormones, vitamins, minerals etc, tightens muscles, etc but I also think one's own mind can too.

If I was you I'd look for ways to treat my mental health, treat everything as if it was depression and anxiety even if you disagree is that, focus on healing the mind instead of your dick, for example if the conversion hypothesis is correct the dick will follow with meds and/or time etc.

I can't seem to help myself, buddy so of course I can't help you.

But couldn't help suggesting you Kratom as antidepressant, doesn't mean you'd need be on it forever.. just like a jump starter.. and kratom has different effects according to dosage.. experiment with it I'd say. lower dosages are more like caffeine but without the anxiety and higher will help you with mood and pain. Probably don't take more than 10 grams a day abd keep it at 4-6 grams I'd say. Red bali or maenga strains. Kratom can make you aggressive/Irritable at first, I think is just one touching that angst within.. but it passes, specially if you adjust dosage.

Also I suspect people with ED would benefit from apomorphine in case anyone's interested.

You may find this article interesting:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6908863/

Yea, lyme suffers don't have genital numbess. No, any events, all was ok, i had nice life, no serious problems with anxiety or stress.
I was misdiagnosed with fibromyalgia, it's a cause why prescribed duloxetine. I don't think cry means recovery, i can cry from the start of but for 1.5 years I don't have any improvements. I don't serious focus on my dick, mostly i suffer for my cognitive impairment and emotions.
fth

Unread post by fth »

The only reason I'm considering fluoxetine is because my psych doesn't want to prescribe anything 'safer' like buspirone. She's now saying she wants to get me on antipsychotics but I'm not even manic/psychotic (also not bipolar). I've been to so many different psychs and they only want to prescribe ssri's because that's the usual. Because I've had fluoxetine before I can get it prescribed again through my gp.

Kratom is an interesting one. I took it a while back for sleeping problems for about a year but quit cold turkey because of a concussion. I've sustained another concussion a month back and am a bit wary to use kratom but I still have a bunch laying around somewhere, so maybe I could give that a try. I did find it very sedating though, and I did cycle through different strains and dosages but I couldn't imagine taking it in the day.
► Fluoxetine & methylphenidate (03/2016 - 07/2019)
► Symptoms started somewhere in 2018
► Social phobia (formerly), OCD, ADHD
► Dexamphetamine (06/2021 - now)
🇳🇱