My story-New member

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
cpwsu1241

My story-New member

Unread post by cpwsu1241 »

Hello everyone,

My name is Christopher, and I'm a 27-year-old male. In February 2019 I made the decision to take antidepressants. I initially took Lexapro but noticed my sexual function wasn't the same. My psychiatrist then recommended Wellbutrin which didn't help. It wasn't until late March of the same year I took Lexapro and Mirtazapine/Remeron(which was supposed to help with sexual function). Within the first day of taking Mirtazapine/Remeron, I noticed little to no feeling in my genitals and no sexual function. I consulted my doctor/psychiatrist about it and he said that these symptoms should diminish over time. I held onto this belief and false sense of hope for 3 more months until I finally called it quits. He said I should wean off these medications and wait for my body to return back to normal. I quit Mirtazapine/Remeron cold turkey (no risk of withdrawal to my knowledge) and weaned off Lexapro. The weaning off of Lexapro gave me withdrawal symptoms for 3 weeks. I had fatigue, nausea, headaches, and brain zaps. After stopping these medications there was only a 50-60% return in sexual function. I currently don't get morning/evening wood, little to no sex drive/libido, no spontaneous erections, inability to maintain an erection without constant stimulation, premature ejaculation, some shrinkage, and anhedonia(emotional blunting). On a positive note, I can masturbate/hold an erection during stimulation, no genital numbness, I can feel pleasure, I can have intense orgasms, and sometimes I can get it up during sexual foreplay which is just enough to have intercourse.

Prior to taking these medications, I've always experienced low energy and anxiety. My psychiatrist diagnosed it as anxiety brought on by depression. I was living a normal, healthy lifestyle and deeply regret taking these meds. While on these meds I did experience some relief from feeling tired but my anxiety and depression were still ongoing while I developed genital numbness. This side effect was so defeating it made me miserable. I prefer my current condition over the side effects I experienced from those antidepressants.

The anhedonia and symptoms of PSSD have made it difficult for me to date or hold general relationships in my life. Anhedonia had also given me some mild brain fog and forgetfulness which has made it difficult for me to socialize and work. I'm not as passionate or driven as I used to be, I haven't felt love in a long time, suicidal thoughts come and go, intense anxiety, frustration, and an overall lack of quality in my life.

I've experimented with a range of different vitamins to help combat these overall symptoms. I've only taken St. John's Wort, L-citrulline, Damiana, Longjack/Tongkat Ali, Vitamin D, and Omega 3. Unfortunately, they have not been able to give me any windows or significant relief. It's important to note that everyone with PSSD is different and these medications will help some over others. I will say that St. Johns Wort has been helpful a little and Vitamin D has helped me a lot with anhedonia but that is it for me. I intend on doing more experimentation and hopefully, I will find what is more suitable for me. Until then it will be a waiting game and hopefully, these symptoms will diminish over time and my quality of life will be back to the way it use to be. I have faith it will.

I recently made an account on https://www.stuffthatworks.health/post- ... ction-pssd and https://www.pssdcanada.ca/ so please show your support. Try spreading awareness on youtube/Tik Tok. And if there are other places I should look into please leave a comment.