my story sertraline

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Myo

my story sertraline

Unread post by Myo »

My story sertraline.
Hello, I'm new to the forum. After reading posts for a long time, I decided to add my own story. My mother tongue is not English, sorry for that. Two years from now I was prescribed sertraline for mild social phobia. I used the drug for a year and a half. I did not feel any side effects while using sertraline. Even when I did not take the drug for a week or two, I did not feel any side effects. At first I used 50mg. Then briefly 75 mg. And I went down 50mg again. I was using 25mg for a long time without stopping the medication. My symptoms started two and a half months after I stopped the drug completely. At first she had severe premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, extremely low libido, anhedonia, and constantly interrupted sleep. Premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction completely disappeared within a month. Right now I can masturbate 4 times a day and get rock hard erections with physical stimulation. My sleep got a little better. My mood and anhedonia are slightly better. But the low libido has not improved in any way and it is killing me. Before sertraline, I was hypersexual. I was also hypersexual while using sertraline. My symptoms started 2 and a half months after stopping the medication. It's been 5 months since my symptoms started. I do not know what will I do. Sex was the meaning of my life. About two weeks ago I took wellbutrin 150mg in hopes it would clear things up a bit but after two pills my erections started to get worse so I stopped it right away. Erections are back. I think I have some kind of withdrawal syndrome as the symptoms started two and a half months after stopping the drug. I guess that's why I'm going to start using sertraline again.
Myo

Re: my story sertraline

Unread post by Myo »

although it is better now than before, there is still anhedonia. and divided sleep. but it's the lack of libido that impresses me the most. Is there a natural way to increase libido. I guess if the problems don't get better for a while, I will have to use sertraline again. I need advice on this.
Brain food

Unread post by Brain food »

Myo wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:39 pm although it is better now than before, there is still anhedonia. and divided sleep. but it's the lack of libido that impresses me the most. Is there a natural way to increase libido. I guess if the problems don't get better for a while, I will have to use sertraline again. I need advice on this.
I don’t know what you mean by natural but there are herbal supplements that supposedly increase libido. None of this is proven in double-blind clinical trials, as far as I know though.
Have you ever tried tribulus terrestris?

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/tr ... terrestris
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

Myo wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:54 pm My story sertraline.
Hello, I'm new to the forum. After reading posts for a long time, I decided to add my own story. My mother tongue is not English, sorry for that. Two years from now I was prescribed sertraline for mild social phobia. I used the drug for a year and a half. I did not feel any side effects while using sertraline. Even when I did not take the drug for a week or two, I did not feel any side effects. At first I used 50mg. Then briefly 75 mg. And I went down 50mg again. I was using 25mg for a long time without stopping the medication. My symptoms started two and a half months after I stopped the drug completely. At first she had severe premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, extremely low libido, anhedonia, and constantly interrupted sleep. Premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction completely disappeared within a month. Right now I can masturbate 4 times a day and get rock hard erections with physical stimulation. My sleep got a little better. My mood and anhedonia are slightly better. But the low libido has not improved in any way and it is killing me. Before sertraline, I was hypersexual. I was also hypersexual while using sertraline. My symptoms started 2 and a half months after stopping the medication. It's been 5 months since my symptoms started. I do not know what will I do. Sex was the meaning of my life. About two weeks ago I took wellbutrin 150mg in hopes it would clear things up a bit but after two pills my erections started to get worse so I stopped it right away. Erections are back. I think I have some kind of withdrawal syndrome as the symptoms started two and a half months after stopping the drug. I guess that's why I'm going to start using sertraline again.
Did you consider reinstating Sertraline? I have started Sertraline again after around 2 years, but I think that was too late.
Myo

Unread post by Myo »

Brain food wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:09 pm
Myo wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:39 pm although it is better now than before, there is still anhedonia. and divided sleep. but it's the lack of libido that impresses me the most. Is there a natural way to increase libido. I guess if the problems don't get better for a while, I will have to use sertraline again. I need advice on this.
I don’t know what you mean by natural but there are herbal supplements that supposedly increase libido. None of this is proven in double-blind clinical trials, as far as I know though.

No I haven't tried. I am currently using ginseng and ginkgo, but I cannot say that I have seen any positive or negative effects. I think I will try this.
Myo

Unread post by Myo »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:12 pm
Myo wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:54 pm My story sertraline.
Did you consider reinstating Sertraline? I have started Sertraline again after around 2 years, but I think that was too late.
yes, I think about it, but what I read on the forum scares me a lot about it. I tried wellbutrin 2 weeks ago, it affected my erections badly, I stopped immediately after two pills. And I think I have bowel problems like many members.
Myo

Unread post by Myo »

I think tribulus increases testosterone. When pssd first started, I had a hormone test done. my testosterone was above the normal range.
Brain food

Unread post by Brain food »

Myo wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:39 pm

I think tribulus increases testosterone. When pssd first started, I had a hormone test done. my testosterone was above the normal range.
There might be claims that tribulus increases testosterone because these herbal products aren’t well regulated, but if you read the article in the link, these claims have been proven false. I’ve copied the relevant paragraphs below:

“ A quick online search for Tribulus terrestris supplements shows that many products made with the plant are focused on boosting testosterone.

One review analyzed the results from 12 major studies on the plant’s effects in men and women aged 14–60. The studies lasted from 2–90 days, and the participants included healthy people and those experiencing sexual problems.

The researchers found that this supplement did not increase testosterone (4Trusted Source).

Other researchers found that Tribulus terrestris may increase testosterone in some animal studies, but that this result is not usually seen in humans”
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

Reinstatement scared me, too.
Unfortunately that kept me from doing it.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:47 pm Reinstatement scared me, too.
Unfortunately that kept me from doing it.
What has reinstatement done for you? sexually specifically