ADMIN APPROVAL FOR NEW ACCOUNTS: An Explanation

Administrative notes and announcements.
Ghost

ADMIN APPROVAL FOR NEW ACCOUNTS: An Explanation

Unread post by Ghost »

For people waiting to be approved, or who want to sign up:

I still check the accounts waiting to be activated when I have time.

However, there are things that you may have in your sign-up info that may be a red flag for someone we want to not be able to get into the forum (The reason the block is even up). If your account looks sketchy, I won't add you. It's a sad reality of why many people haven't been accepted.

If you want to contact me, I have an account on surviving antidepressants forum that I check every few days: Gh0st

Give me info on why you are legit. The more info I have, the better chance I can add you. Things that I can see proof that you have good intentions.

I'm sorry that things have to be this way.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Ghost

Re: ADMIN APPROVAL FOR NEW ACCOUNTS: An Explanation

Unread post by Ghost »

This is the kind of shit that our stalker tries to pull on us. He tried to sell supplements through the PM system. If people think that I'm just being paranoid, I actually caught another one of his fake accounts today, within the forum.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Also should be noted that there are a few suspicious accounts on here. But honestly, I don't care enough to try and seek them out. If he makes it obvious, or send out any messages, everyone else please let me know. I'll ban him. Not gonna let him stop me from adding new accounts.

I don't care that he's here, but more that he doesn't spread too much psychotic shit.
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

If we can't find a way to deal with this there will be no new accounts again. Ever. I'm about ready to shut this whole thing down and make it a static resource. Or at the very least, change the name and layout, clearly label that it has no connection to me, and them make my exit.
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

No more new accounts. I've had enough of this shit. Because of my cyber stalker I am not able to run this as I normally would. Additionally, if you are one of those people who gets help, and then when you are done you want your posts deleted, get off my forum now. You aren't welcome here. If you like to post unsubstantiated nonsense....goodbye. If I have answered it many times and it can be searched, it will not be answered again. I like helping people, but I don't want to be a surrogate mother, or a google proxy.
Maldoror

Unread post by Maldoror »

What happened now? I beg you not to do this. We need to spread awareness and we can't do that with a closed forum. If this forum was closed the soon-to-take-place study on PSSD would never take place.
scot

Unread post by scot »

I have the same opinion
Last edited by scot on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EricCartmanRJ

Unread post by EricCartmanRJ »

I agree with the last coments. Awareness is much more important than high quality debates (see, I don't know what's going on, but you have implied it). That is the main role of this forum right now. In my honest opinion...
Maldoror

Unread post by Maldoror »

I'm thinking about creating a multi-language forum so that all of PSSD awareness can be concentrated in one single page. Sonny, would you mind me discussing the creation of that forum on this one?
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

Maldoror wrote:I'm thinking about creating a multi-language forum so that all of PSSD awareness can be concentrated in one single page. Sonny, would you mind me discussing the creation of that forum on this one?
Sure, feel free.