My Report and Mistakes

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
narigator

Re: My Report and Mistakes

Unread post by narigator »

Sorry about your situation. I'm Brazilian too and we have many other Brazilians with the condition, we even have a group on facebook and whatsapp if you are interested.

I have PSSD with sertraline in 2017 and tinnitus is not a common PSSD symptom. But I had tinnitus after COVID infection. So it probably should be your case too, tinnitus occur from covid and any substance that alters serotonin levels (including day-to-day mood swings) causes tinnitus increase.

About PSSD, there are alternatives to try that would help you with your anxiety, but generally don't harm your sexuality. For example, buspirone.

Other options are antidepressants that are less prone to sexual side effects. I know that many people on the forum are against using any type of antidepressant for those who have PSSD... But in my opinion it is sometimes necessary and can even help with sexual symptoms (I know from own experience).

For example, MAOis, mirtazapine, brintellix, may be options.
nicopickle

Unread post by nicopickle »

this is a very interesting reply. i actually went back on a low dose of trazodone briefly, i didn’t find any sort of help with sleep, however i did notice it was doing things. i noticed i was slightly interested in sex. i think doing this for a longer period could be beneficial. however i’m quite scared of the side effect of long term erection
borisz_30

Unread post by borisz_30 »

Hello! I just want to update a bit about me or what happened, but first let me respond some things. Thanks.
i have the exact same issue as you from trazodone. i think i know what’s happening. the withdrawal from trazodone caused an overactive adrenal gland. trazodone targets the adrenergic receptors. i’m curious. do you respond to weed or alcohol? it seems that when there is so much cortisol from an overactive adrenal gland to get an euphoric high. i think this relates to the weak orgasm as well.
Your answer kind of give me hope of being something related to it, mainly the cortisol. Sometimes I feel like something inside of me is stressed, even when the mind has no reason to be. Like some "active alert" that's ringing for no reason. I thought of cortisol coz it's a toxic thing when produced in excess by our body, but I would like to find one way to naturally decrease it.

I respond to alcohol, but not like in the past where I could be really high and fast. Now the least I get is a bit more talkative - looks like the effect got weaker.

I've never done weed, tbh, and I don't have anything against it. I would be bound to try it one day for the test, if it could help with PSSD and Anxiety. But still haven't got safer ways to test, so for now I'm just keeping the idea.

---
Abrupt discontinuation from trazodone could certainly cause PSSD. I think its one of the best drugs to treat PSSD because it is selective for 5HT2A, but this also makes it dangerous. I personally have recovered from a trazodone crash by going on a higher dosage and tapering back down slowly. Your plan is not unreasonable.
Problem is... I have around 35 pills here, and they are not in a valid expiration date, so that would make the test ineffective or weak. Plus, I don't want to risk getting those erections again, I fear having some fibrosis or some hurt tissue in the penis.

When I get really really anxious and I sleep, I notice that they tend to happen quite often, compared to when I'm not anxious and they only happen when I wake up.
Last edited by borisz_30 on Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
borisz_30

Fala Narigator, Respondendo sua mensagem (em inglês, pra manter o rigor do fórum):
I have PSSD with sertraline in 2017 and tinnitus is not a common PSSD symptom. But I had tinnitus after COVID infection. So it probably should be your case too, tinnitus occur from covid and any substance that alters serotonin levels (including day-to-day mood swings) causes tinnitus increase.
Everything seems to be linked to this crap, and believe me, this is a very annoying thing. But there are days when I see it gets really weak, and days when it gets louder. I dunno how much my mood and mind-state relate to it, I didn't write a log... If I could get rid of it, as much as PSSD, I would feel very happy.
About PSSD, there are alternatives to try that would help you with your anxiety, but generally don't harm your sexuality. For example, buspirone.

Other options are antidepressants that are less prone to sexual side effects. I know that many people on the forum are against using any type of antidepressant for those who have PSSD... But in my opinion it is sometimes necessary and can even help with sexual symptoms (I know from own experience).

For example, MAOis, mirtazapine, brintellix, may be options.
I would be in the mood to try Buspirone, but to do it in a short-term, I would need to go to the doctor (maybe the same that prescribed me the drugs that caused PSSD).

But for now I would like to rely on supplements and in less offensive drugs... But I can tell you, they are just "sort of" helping, very very timidly... but the results are not consistent. Maybe coz it's just one month that I have been taking some things. I will write about it in a next reply, about my one month treatment. But I'm in the mood to try everything before going back to some Antidepressant or Buspirone. Unfortunately, I'm too scared to risk what I still have functioning.
this is a very interesting reply. i actually went back on a low dose of trazodone briefly, i didn’t find any sort of help with sleep, however i did notice it was doing things. i noticed i was slightly interested in sex. i think doing this for a longer period could be beneficial. however i’m quite scared of the side effect of long term erection
Our friend SovietXRobot has told that he had tried Trazodone and it was very helpful for him, but he did taper off very very slowly. So take care of it, it may be a good option for regaining erections and stuff, but I wouldn't risk taking more than half a dosage. For me the 50mg triggered the erections, and no one told me I could have taken half of it, and I abruptly quit.

I think it's a worth trial, but I wouldn't do it coz I really think that this drug caused my sleep to change into a very long REM sleep and a less deeper sleep than it used to be in the past.
borisz_30

So now let me update my trials and state just to create a log here for those who fight and may be in similar conditions.

Last month, since I began this topic, I tried Maca Root + St John's Wort (900mg) on daily basis.
I can say that this combination gave me, at the most, one or two days with a window where I could feel a little libido (or at least a little interested in sex), but that wasn't a big deal. I still can't reach an orgasm like in the past, not even closer (sometimes, I Don't feel anything when ejaculating)., which makes masturbation a bit boring and

So, now I'm tappering off St John's wort and I installed Tribullus Terrestris (one week already) where I used to take Maca (same dosage, same conditions). Still haven't seen any change and the windows didn't happen.

Also, I had to look for a local doctor and ask him some Benzo to sleep (Klonopin/clonazepam), but I only take it one night or another when I really cannot sleep, not every night. Rather than, I have been trying Melatonin 3mg (one week now) to help me decrease REM sleep disturbance and try to increase deep sleep.

I noticed that my REM sleep rate is not regular (based on two smartwatches that track some parameters), and that is causing those erections during night time which I related too.

My mood has increased, I believe that St John's Wort has a good role on it. But I'm tappering it off because I Want to try another combo (maybe L-Dopa Mucuna or Rhodiola Rosea, still do not know) and see if I get any new result, which I will report here of course.

So, my current state is stable. My mood has increased. Libido is still close to zero, orgasm is very weak, but I can get an erection with stimulation and maintain.

I would like to thank everyone that replied and the ones that did read.
borisz_30

Hello everyone!

Would like to share a short update regarding last month.

My first cycle of St. John's Wort has ended. Didn't notice much change while I was on it, except for some increasing in my mood, no sexual benefits though. But I want to try another cycle, maybe another brand of the substance too. Just not now.

I've also tried some days of Rhodiola Rosea 400mg, and I see that it really helps, both with mood and cognition, but I can't take it everyday coz on third day I start to get a bad mood out of it (angry and impatient easily), so I'm not sure if I will take it occasionally or not. Same thing happens with coffee, if I take it once a week, I got no problems, but if I take more than two or three days, I start getting bad effects. I dunno what's the explanation for that. My mood floats a lot.

My regular days stack is basically made by Tribulus Terrestris (around 250mg to 1000mg/day), L-Dopa Mucuna (400mg), and L-Tryptophan + B3 vitamin (nicotinamide) and Melatonin for sleep issues.

With this combination, I am having some slight windows of libido and doesn't affect much my mood on daily basis. But it's still early coz I haven't taken Dopa Mucuna for more than 10 or 15 days yet. I know that these things take a little while to work.

I still struggle with weak orgasms. The Tribullus has somehow helped me with libido and I have a very low orgasm, which as I said, is quite annoying.

I noticed that when I am stressed mentally and physically, due to changes, work, things, I get lower libido and lower sexual functioning, which is something I would like to fix too.

I've also passed through some medical tests regarding Testosterone, TSH, Prolactin, etc. They've all come out normal, and the doctor said that this isn't a physical issue, but "psychological issue", and that I should look for a sexual therapist. Well, that doesn't surprise me much. Doctors still work like they are in the 90's, they don't care for researching or understanding people's reports. They just want what's easy and what they've learnt in college.

Oh, and I forgot to say, my next step is to go to a doctor to check out gut / stomach. I have been reading about sibo and stuff, but my main focus is to investigate some possible lactose intolerance.

Well, that's it. Wish everyone a good end of the year and may we all find what we need / wish.

Cheers.
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

Thx for your response man. We all need to communicate and describe our treatment-trial. Good luck u in searching your cure.
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

borisz_30 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:13 pm Hello everyone!

Would like to share a short update regarding last month.

My first cycle of St. John's Wort has ended. Didn't notice much change while I was on it, except for some increasing in my mood, no sexual benefits though. But I want to try another cycle, maybe another brand of the substance too. Just not now.

I've also tried some days of Rhodiola Rosea 400mg, and I see that it really helps, both with mood and cognition, but I can't take it everyday coz on third day I start to get a bad mood out of it (angry and impatient easily), so I'm not sure if I will take it occasionally or not. Same thing happens with coffee, if I take it once a week, I got no problems, but if I take more than two or three days, I start getting bad effects. I dunno what's the explanation for that. My mood floats a lot.

My regular days stack is basically made by Tribulus Terrestris (around 250mg to 1000mg/day), L-Dopa Mucuna (400mg), and L-Tryptophan + B3 vitamin (nicotinamide) and Melatonin for sleep issues.

With this combination, I am having some slight windows of libido and doesn't affect much my mood on daily basis. But it's still early coz I haven't taken Dopa Mucuna for more than 10 or 15 days yet. I know that these things take a little while to work.

I still struggle with weak orgasms. The Tribullus has somehow helped me with libido and I have a very low orgasm, which as I said, is quite annoying.

I noticed that when I am stressed mentally and physically, due to changes, work, things, I get lower libido and lower sexual functioning, which is something I would like to fix too.

I've also passed through some medical tests regarding Testosterone, TSH, Prolactin, etc. They've all come out normal, and the doctor said that this isn't a physical issue, but "psychological issue", and that I should look for a sexual therapist. Well, that doesn't surprise me much. Doctors still work like they are in the 90's, they don't care for researching or understanding people's reports. They just want what's easy and what they've learnt in college.

Oh, and I forgot to say, my next step is to go to a doctor to check out gut / stomach. I have been reading about sibo and stuff, but my main focus is to investigate some possible lactose intolerance.

Well, that's it. Wish everyone a good end of the year and may we all find what we need / wish.

Cheers.
You should avoid Tryptophan. Some guys claimed to get PSSD from 5HTP and anyhow elevate serotonin doesn't look a good idea.
I'm sorry your doctor don't even take time to document himself about PSSD... You can try to send him the latest articles about pssd but not sure I will work...
borisz_30

Integra wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:48 pm Thx for your response man. We all need to communicate and describe our treatment-trial. Good luck u in searching your cure.
Hello friend! Oh, you don't need to thank me! All I want is to try to make a log-book and maybe help other people who are suffering the same problems, maybe we all can achieve cure one day or at least regain some quality of life.

We're all here in our 20's, 30's, some older, we have a lot of life ahead. So it would be a pity if we give up without triyng something.
Impermanence wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:00 pm You should avoid Tryptophan. Some guys claimed to get PSSD from 5HTP and anyhow elevate serotonin doesn't look a good idea.
I'm sorry your doctor don't even take time to document himself about PSSD... You can try to send him the latest articles about pssd but not sure I will work...
Hello Impermanence!!

About tryptophan, yes, I agree it has no-sexual benefits (everything that may rise serotonin seems to have the same risk), but it kinda helps me to have a quieter sleep. Kinda, because I sometimes have to take benzos too.

And about the doctor, I think it would be a waste of time to try to bring him this kind of information. They still live like we're in the 90's, and if you tell' em a psychiatric medication has caused you something, the first thing in their mind is "oh, this is a crazy weirdo". A very few doctos differ from it.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

---

I have been noticing that my erections are getting kind of weaker from some time till now. The interest in sex has also decreased.

I have also been bothered by some acne and spines that appear in my nape (folliculitis). They appear, and disappear, and sometimes they get greater and sometimes smalled. I don't know why, but I really think that these things are linked somehow.

My theory is that the fucking Trazodone withdrawal leaved me these permanent effects even after all this time - it's been two years since I took it and one year since I took the last pill of Escitalopram. Trazodone has a metabolite that targets the alpha-adrenergic system, and probably has left my norepinephrine unregulated. I don't know if that's possible, as the user Nicopickle said, it looks plausible.

I would like to fix this system, but I think that either Bupropion (Wellbutrin) or the Trazodone itself are the ways. But I'm really afraid of trying anything new or to try the Trazodone I still have at home, because it can worsen things. A reasonable plan would be reinstating at a lower dosage until things stabilize and then try to taper off, but I don't know how safe would that be to do without supervision. I don't think some doctor would believe or endorse my theory due to the long time it has been and the things hasn't got back to their normal.

If anyone has a better idea, or knows a way to regulate the noradrenergic system which looks less harmless, please tell me.

My experiments with Rhodiola Rosea were positive, by the way. But no sexual good or bad effects from it.

Thanks everyone and I wish the very best for all of you in this 2022!