Sertraline reinstatement

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
JakeLawe

Re: Sertraline reinstatement

Unread post by JakeLawe »

I still think you should give kratom a shot. Small doses. Treat that sleepiness as depression is my take. And don't give up on the methylphenidate if it's working just don't abuse it but there's many other alternatives for narcolepsy that may work better for you.

I suspect if you really think Healy is right on that about stopping you'll heal or start healing. Let us know if you must.

G'luck, buddy.
Last edited by JakeLawe on Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brain food

Unread post by Brain food »

JakeLawe wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:28 pm I still think you should give kratom a shot. Slow doses. Treat that sleepiness as depression is my take. And don't give up on the methylphenidate if it's working just don't abuse it but there's many other alternatives for narcolepsy that may work better for you.

I suspect if you really think Healy is right on that about stopping you'll heal or start healing. Let us know if you must.

G'luck, buddy.
What do you mean by the Healy comment? What did he say?
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

@JakeLaw The sleepiness feels exactely like the sleepiness that I get when I get depressed.
However, I am definitively NOT depressed. I feel really good, but then sleepiness kicks in, and I sleep for hours. Today I have slept 14 hours.

Yes, I have not given up Methylphenidate yet. After 3 days, I have used it again today, and I feel alive again and energetic. But at work it's really too much.
FindGoodNickname

Update: I had re-instated Sertraline since some months now.
Using Sertraline (again) contributes to / causes excessive daytime sleepiness / narcolepsy for me!!!

At the end, I slept 16 hours a day (including naps) and still felt totally sleepy the other 8 hours.
I could counteract the sleepiness just perfectly with Modafinil or Methylphendiat Retard, but it would give me intense muscle tension, so it was not pleasant at all, and I could not do it any longer.

Then I tried what happened if I stopped Sertraline again, the sleepiness was gone.

However, my libido also went away when I stopped Sertraline again.

I will keep experimenting and report back.
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

Try to find the best dosing for you. Low / micro dosing for some people can work for depression / anxiety / sleepness and sex.
sopgirl

Unread post by sopgirl »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:07 pm Update: I had re-instated Sertraline since some months now.
Using Sertraline (again) contributes to / causes excessive daytime sleepiness / narcolepsy for me!!!

At the end, I slept 16 hours a day (including naps) and still felt totally sleepy the other 8 hours.
I could counteract the sleepiness just perfectly with Modafinil or Methylphendiat Retard, but it would give me intense muscle tension, so it was not pleasant at all, and I could not do it any longer.

Then I tried what happened if I stopped Sertraline again, the sleepiness was gone.

However, my libido also went away when I stopped Sertraline again.

I will keep experimenting and report back.
Did it reverse any sexual numbness/anhedonia?
FindGoodNickname

I have not taken Sertraline for a few days now.

Libido is not sooo great overwhelming, but it exists.
Currently, numbness is completed restored for me. Today, my gf gave me a bj, and it felt like I was 13 years old and experienced it for the first time. That was the reason why I wanted to post an update today.
And the orgasm was just WOW, even better than pre-PSSD.
But I have extremely little ejaculation volume. That is noticable. While I re-instated Sertraline, ejaculation volume was really big again, but now after withdrawal of Sertraline again, it is minimal.
I am not sure what exactely you mean by anhedonia... Feeling good generally? If yes: I am currently having a great time psychologically, but I am not sure if that is being I feel like the end of the world has come, so I can relax now or if it's a general feeling.
I am using 2.5 mg of Tadalafil, it works for 2 days or more. I have not tested if I need it.

But of course I have to watch it!! I will only be happy when it stays like that. I will keep posting, don't worry!

Since I don't use Sertraline anymore, the excessive sleepiness / narcolepsy has GREATLY improved, but it is still there.
I have used Modafinil for the sleepiness during the last few days, and it helped amazingly well, but it causes mucle tension for me, so I don't like using it.

Maybe the amazing sexual experience is caused by Modafinil? I will experiment and keep posting.
Last edited by FindGoodNickname on Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

0.5 mg of Tadalafil?
(min dosing: 5mg)

Is effective?
FindGoodNickname

Sorry, I meant to say 2.5 mg.
I have corrected it in my post.
FindGoodNickname

Here is my current situation:

When I first started Sertraline in 2016, I noticed that I needed to sleep more: 9-10 hours instead of 8.
When I stopped Sertraline, I slept only like 8 hours / day.

Some months ago, I re-instated Sertraline because I developed social anxiety again (that was the main reason why I started Sertraline in 2016).
After reinstating Sertraline, the ejaculation volume was almost like pre-PSSD, and I had libido again.

So it clearly improved my sexual situation.
However, I noticed how I needed to sleep more again.
At first, I started napping a lot, then it become more and more intense.

In the end, I slept 16 hours a day and felt completely groogy during the remaining 8 hours of the day.
Using more and more Sertraline didn't help. I used up to 1000 mg (yes, really!) because I was hoping it would keep me awake. It didn't help.

I went to a psychiatrist / neurologist and told him about my problems. He scheduled sleep monitoring for me at a sleep lab, but the next available date would be June 2022.
Because I could not run my company anymore due to the excessive sleeping, I asked him for Ritaline because in narcolepsy forum it was recommended.

It helped to keep me awake, but I couldn't bear the nervosity and muscle tension.
I lowered the dose to a minimum, but the side effects were too severe.

I asked him for Modafinil because it was also recommended in a narcolepsy forum.
I tried it, and at the same time, I withdrew Sertraline.

2 days after withdrawing Sertraline, I slept only 10 hours instead of 16, and I could run my business again.
I started Sertraline again, and I needed to sleep 16 hours again. So it was clearly related to Sertraline.

Because of the whole Russia thing and because I was a bit desperate and still slept 10 hours instead of 8, I kept using Modafinil.
I used 200 mg.
I noticed how my libido raised a bit and how I had amazing orgasms. These orgasms were / are even better than pre-PSSD.
The ejaculation volume however is low again now now that I have withdrawn Sertraline.

In my case, both re-instating and using Modafinil clearly had an effect.

I will keep observing it.

Modafinil greatly keeps my mood up.
I am really happy these days.