Sertraline reinstatement

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
sylv

Re: Sertraline reinstatement

Unread post by sylv »

Is the sertraline only drug you have ever used ? Anything else or street drugs like weed ?

This is pharmacokinetics of sertraline 50mg single dose.

In which moment after taking the drug you start to feel hypersomnia and ED effect ? Is it right after dosing when drug level comes up or after 8h when withdrawal starts and gradually increases with falling drug plasma levels?
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

I have experimented very much.
Sertraline reinstatement first made me completely numb and put me into a coma, also I did not feel any of the previous effects like sweating, good mood and soft stool as pre-PSSD.
As could be read in my previous posts, I suffer from idiopathic hypersomnia. I have tried reinstating 2 times already, and reinstating Sertraline made it significantly worse, so I stopped it each time.
However, when I stopped, the extreme fatigue didn't go away.
During the last days, there were 4 days in a row where I was extremely fatigue so that that I could not even sit on a chair and had to lay down in bed.
I was so extremely desperate and also extremely depressed that I thought popping another Sertraline pill is the only choice that I have left. If I continue to feel that way and sleep all day, I could not go on living.
I was so desperate that I would try anything, so I took 100 mg Sertraline. I was so fatigue and tired that I forgot about it and used 2x Pramipexol which I ordered for experimenting.
I am not sure what exactely caused this change, but I wake up the next morning with a clear, fresh mind, ready to do some work.
All the depression was gone. Also the fatigue was completely gone.
During the last 3 days I have slept barely 7 hours / night. This is an extreme change.
Also, erectile dysfunction has become better (like pre-reinstating) and genital numbness is like pre-reinstating.

The most important thing to me is the fatigue.
It is the most horrible thing I ever experienced.
I am not sure what fixed the fatigue, if Sertraline over several weeks or perhaps the combination with Pramipexol, but the last 3 days have been like having been reborn.
I am using the amount of ejaculation as an objective measurement tool, and in this aspect, there has not been a big change yet however.
I will keep posting.
FindGoodNickname

sylv wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:08 pm Is the sertraline only drug you have ever used ? Anything else or street drugs like weed ?

This is pharmacokinetics of sertraline 50mg single dose.

In which moment after taking the drug you start to feel hypersomnia and ED effect ? Is it right after dosing when drug level comes up or after 8h when withdrawal starts and gradually increases with falling drug plasma levels?
Thank you. I didn't see your post, so sorry for the late reply.
I could feel the effect almost instantly.
I also noticed erections coming back after having slept. They would not last long, but they were there, while without Sertraline, they were completely absent.
FindGoodNickname

Unfortunately my libido has not changed.
FindGoodNickname

I have heavily overdosed today (800 mg) because I noticed that it keeps me awake and hypomaniac.
At some point my body started micro-shaking (I know this from using Sertraline before getting PSSD), and I had the urge to touch my penis, and when I did, it felt extremely sensitive and "magic" again.
I totally forgot this feeling.
During the last 3 years, touching my penis felt like touching my upper arm, there was no sensation.
And I had an amazing orgasm and big ejaculation volume and width.
I lay in bed 15 minutes breathing heavily because it was so overwhelming.
My libido didn't change thought. I thought that I would perhaps (because the orgasm was so amazing and things may have changed) even start opening a dating website, but that did not happen. My libido is still (apart from this amazing experience today) non-existing.
FindGoodNickname

I took Buspar during the last weeks, and I think either this or the high dose of sertraline diminished my libido from 10% to 0%.
There are so many great scientific papers on rxisk.org
I have started contacting scientists because this requires expert opinions.
The problem is that these experts are most likely only talking to other experts.
I have tried to find freelancer epigentics and also mentioned the rxisk price, but so far nobody was ignored or knowedged enough to help.

This paper describes which fine mechanisms take action for things to work:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 2509001757

So it's clear that PSSD requires the knowledge and ideas of many scientists who all know little pieces of the mechanisms behind serotonine / dopamin, etc.
It's not like you can google something. In medical sciene, most is NOT open source as you might think.
Instead findings are either kept secret by the pharma company or papers have to be purchased.
FindGoodNickname

I can now say that I tried reinstatement, and it did not help me.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:47 am I can now say that I tried reinstatement, and it did not help me.
Instead of just saying it didn't help. It would be nice if you write a summary post with your reinstatement dosage and regimen.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
FindGoodNickname

I have an update:
I am still using Sertraline again. Why?
As I explained, it developed idiopathic hypersomnia during the last 2 years.
I was in the hospital because I burnt myself severely with hot oil, and I got my own skin replaced , and I underwent several surgeries with full anesthesia.
During the 1 month in hospital, I used Ibuprofen which always made me really tired.
It was pleasant because the situation was just horrible, and I was happy I could sleep so well because of (as I thought was) Ibuprofen.
When I got home, I still slept a lot. I thought I was just regenerating and that wound healing requires much sleep.
However, the hypersomnia got worse gradually.
After 1 year, I was unnerved by PSSD (which I already got 2 years) and figured that reinstating Sertraline might help.
The very day when I reinstated, my idiopathic hypersomnia got extremely worse. I took like 50 mg around 12 am, I remember that I visited my family (which is super exciting), and at 8:00 PM, I was so tired that I went to bed and slept within 30 seconds. Then I knew that this was not a good decision.
That was the beginning of 1 year or almost only sleeping.
I was awake like 7 hours a day and could not concentrate and was simply weak.
I could simply not stay awake, I had the extreme urge to sleep. But sleeping felt wonderfully (this is what I have in common with many people on the /narcolepsy reddit group.
I started taking Methylphendiat. It made me extremely nervous, and my stuttering got really bad.
Then I switched to Modafinil which helped, but it made me extremely aggressive, so I had to stop it.
Then I went to a sleep clinic where I was finally diagnose with idiopathic hypersomnia. I missed the narcolepsy criteria (I would not fall asleep quickly enough), but they confirmed that my sleeping is definitively not normal.
I was given several medications to try out, all being stimulants.
Ephedrine helped best, but it caused high blood pressure, and I had to stop using it after 2 weeks.
I then went to a popular sleep researcher, and he prescribed me various other medications to try out. What helped me best was Wakix and Amantadin.
However, not for long, and I asked him for amphetamines .They helped for some time, but at some point of time, I could take a dose which would keep other people awake for 3 nights, but I just went to sleep again after taking it.
I would tend to say that this was not normal, but I am not sure about it. I took more than recommended because it felt so good to be awake again, so perhaps it was a tolerance thing.
When the sleeping got so extremely bad again, I tried reinstating 4 more times because I wanted to reproduce the „Food for thought“ phenomenon that could be found on the RxISK.org website. It was a report by someone who said that he used high dosages of Sertraline several times, but one time, it did not work but made him extremely tired. When he stopped using it, his PSSD would be gone. He described it as if something clicked in his brain and made it right again.
It did not help me, but I kept using it for a few months (I have reported it here).
Then I overdosed heavily (like 600 mg?), and suddenly I was awake again. It was not a depression which made he tired, it was physical exhaustion. This was suddenly gone, and I had to sleep only like 4-5 hours a day, so much less than a normal person would.
Now I sleep like 7-8 hours, and when I wake up, I feel sexual and have the urge to masturbate.
The orgasms feel extremely good, but ejaculation width and volume are still not pre-PSSD.
And during the day, I have no libido at all. Reinstating killed my libido.
But I have these 10 minutes after waking up where I don’t have ED and where I feel aroused like pre-PSSD.
That is reason why I post today.

I have reported all this to Dr. Healy, and he said that my case is unusual and fascinating.
I was hoping I would have found some general basic clues which could be applied to everyone, but obviously not.
FindGoodNickname

Another update:
I have experienced eye problems with this high dose of Sertraline, and I was afraid of doing permanent damage to my body, so I have stopped it.
Symptoms I got were pressure + slighy blurred vision on 1 eye.

For hypersomnia, I am using Elvanse + Wakix + Amantadin, and after stopping Sertralin for 2 days now, I experience extreme libido but also extreme erectile dysfunction.
It was super unnerving because I couldn't orgasm and couldn't get rid of the sexual arousal.

I just wanted to write about this because I was afraid of what I read about possible "permanent genetical changes", etc. that come with PSSD on stupid Wikpedia.

I only experienced this extense of libido 20 years ago (before PSSD) when I used an amphetamine for fun and lately when I tried this Parkinson medication.
Parkinson med and amphetamines both increase dopamin, so it must have been dopamine which gave me this extreme libido.
However, serotonine seems to be not affected since I have severe ED.
Just my current theory....

(post edited)