I accidentally found an article about PSSD in my language

Topics related to activism.
dib

I accidentally found an article about PSSD in my language

Unread post by dib »

I recently went for Meso's consultation and he recommended me to take a non-SRI antidepressant. I searched the internet to see if such antidepressants are sold in my country. I found no evidence of this. But instead, I found an article where a doctor from my country talks about PSSD. Here is the article:

https://publika.az/news/saghlamliq/346663.html

Translation:

Doctor described the terrible complications of antidepressants: "It can last for years"

Most people who go to a psychiatrist or neurologist are prescribed antidepressants. Prescribing an antidepressant to every young woman, especially by a neurologist, can lead to more problems in her family life in the future. Because the most commonly prescribed antidepressants are selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI antidepressants), they cause sexual dysfunction in women. These women cannot reach orgasm.

The statement came from a well-known doctor, anesthesiologist-resuscitator Shahin Mammadov, Publika.az reports. The doctor said that even after stopping the drug, this side effect can last for years:

Drug-related anorgasmia is mainly caused by modern, widespread SSRI antidepressants – fluoxetine, sertraline, paroxetine, fluvoxamine, clomipramine, buspirone, nefazodone, bupropion, cyproheptadine, amantadine, yohimbine, and central nervous system stimulants (energy drinks).

There used to be psychotherapy. Now doctors prescribe antidepressants to each patient without tiring themselves. Doctors are generally divided into two groups: real doctors and just drug prescribers.