PSSD: the microbiome-brain-genital connection

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Tree

Re: PSSD: the microbiome-brain-genital connection

Unread post by Tree »

Inositol is nasty stuff. I tell people to stay away from it. Receptors become more desensitized due to increased 5ht firing. I've been suffering too from constipation since crashing hard from ginger. I think it's caused by less serotonin production in the gut. It's the natural bodies response to desensitization. Fasting seems to give me subtle relief too.
flexstar13

Unread post by flexstar13 »

As I had my best window taking lactoferrin, I researched a little and found this (fourth Headline):
https://openexcellence.org/skin-and-drugs-and-sex/

I guy suffered for 11!!! years from pfs until he got diagnosed to habe a parasite in the gut. After treating in with antibiotics he got cured from his pfs symtoms! What do you think! The parasite is linked to serotonin levels…

“The gastrointestinal parasite Entamoeba histolytica secretes serotonin, causing a sustained secretory diarrhea in some people.[17][92] Patients infected with E. histolytica have been found to have highly elevated serum serotonin levels, which returned to normal following resolution of the infection.[93] E. histolytica also responds to the presence of serotonin by becoming more virulent.[94] This means serotonin secretion not only serves to increase the spread of entamoebas by giving the host diarrhea but also serves to coordinate their behaviour according to their population density, a phenomenon known as quorum sensing. Outside the gut of a host, there is nothing that the entamoebas provoke to release serotonin, hence the serotonin concentration is very low. Low serotonin signals to the entamoebas they are outside a host and they become less virulent to conserve energy. When they enter a new host, they multiply in the gut, and become more virulent as the enterochromaffin cells get provoked by them and the serotonin concentration increases.”
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

flexstar13 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:06 am As I had my best window taking lactoferrin, I researched a little and found this (fourth Headline):
https://openexcellence.org/skin-and-drugs-and-sex/

I guy suffered for 11!!! years from pfs until he got diagnosed to habe a parasite in the gut. After treating in with antibiotics he got cured from his pfs symtoms! What do you think! The parasite is linked to serotonin levels…

“The gastrointestinal parasite Entamoeba histolytica secretes serotonin, causing a sustained secretory diarrhea in some people.[17][92] Patients infected with E. histolytica have been found to have highly elevated serum serotonin levels, which returned to normal following resolution of the infection.[93] E. histolytica also responds to the presence of serotonin by becoming more virulent.[94] This means serotonin secretion not only serves to increase the spread of entamoebas by giving the host diarrhea but also serves to coordinate their behaviour according to their population density, a phenomenon known as quorum sensing. Outside the gut of a host, there is nothing that the entamoebas provoke to release serotonin, hence the serotonin concentration is very low. Low serotonin signals to the entamoebas they are outside a host and they become less virulent to conserve energy. When they enter a new host, they multiply in the gut, and become more virulent as the enterochromaffin cells get provoked by them and the serotonin concentration increases.”
Wow, you just tried it?
JLo22

Unread post by JLo22 »

After 1 week, I feel no difference. The reason I ordered it was bc somebody posted their improvement. I will continue to take it.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

I ordered colostrum instead of lactoferrin 3 days ago, I've researched lactoferrin and decided it could be better. Not saying that I posted some studies pointing out that lactoferrin could be favourable for that cd57+ thing @cdraham reported. And some man with Lyme claims significant recovery with colostrum. So the thing really does something for immune system.
flexstar13

Unread post by flexstar13 »

Wow, you just tried it?
14 days ago I had one week with all symtoms getting better from day to day until I went back to square one within a couple of hours. I thought the window was connected to wellbutrin which I took already for 4 week and I started tapering a couple of days before the window started by taking 150 mg every second day.

So after the window closed, I upped Wellburein again with no effect. Now it came to my mind that not the wellbutrin made the window but the lactoferrin which I started taking 3 Days before the window….
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

flexstar13 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:32 pm
Wow, you just tried it?
14 days ago I had one week with all symtoms getting better from day to day until I went back to square one within a couple of hours. I thought the window was connected to wellbutrin which I took already for 4 week and I started tapering a couple of days before the window started by taking 150 mg every second day.

So after the window closed, I upped Wellburein again with no effect. Now it came to my mind that not the wellbutrin made the window but the lactoferrin which I started taking 3 Days before the window….
Maybe lower dose wellbutrin was synergistic to lactoferrin, wikipedia has a paragraph that wellbutrin helps autoimmune conditions. Maybe psilocybin does something similar, one article on discord describes its opposite to a ssri action on emotions. ht2a receptor is connected to empathy, I think it's in amygdala.
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

flexstar13 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:32 pm
Wow, you just tried it?

Have you stop taking lactoferrin? Do you know why, from a window you got a setback?
Breathdeep

Unread post by Breathdeep »

I too had massive lactoferrin window
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions