PSSD and Wellbutrin

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Darman

PSSD and Wellbutrin

Unread post by Darman »

Hi All.

For anyone who had had some sucsess with Wellbutrin can you please tell me if it needed weeks to work? I fully realise that with most medication like this the positive effects can take weeks but is that also true of the libedo effect?
Been on 150mg now for 2 weeks. Apart from the groggy head feeling nothing much has changed either with my mood or PSSD...

Thanks
Darman
flexstar13

Re: PSSD and Wellbutrin

Unread post by flexstar13 »

same here 12 days in now. Also Ed end numbness of genitalia and nipples got worse.
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

Hi flexstar13

Thanks for your reply.

At neally 3 weeks I have stopped the wellbutrin. I woke up last night feeling like I was on a flight somewhere...hearing bad and ringing in the ears. Looked it up and plenty of people say wellbutrin has caused permanent hearing damage!! I have no idea how much of that is true but its the last think I want.

To be honest this is really getting me down now. People have no idea of the knock on effects this has. I have tried so many suppliments with no sucsess at all. Just a tiny respite would give me hope.

All the best.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Darman wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:43 pm Looked it up and plenty of people say wellbutrin has caused permanent hearing damage!!
It’s tinnitus and it isn’t due to any damage when induced by Wellbutrin. See viewtopic.php?t=3480&start=60
Hope it helps
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

So you think it is non permanent? I read the thread but didn't really get an answer to that..
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Arahant explains it is muscular and gives the link to his recovery story.
I don’t know anything about tinnitus but his explanation makes sense.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Thomas wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:44 pm Arahant explains it is muscular and gives the link to his recovery story.
I don’t know anything about tinnitus but his explanation makes sense.
I understand that sometimes people hypothesize the most unproven gluta/dopa/gamma/omega neuro-bulshit down/up-regulation to justify some scary symptom.
But I think it's wise to consider well-known causes first...
Darman wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:34 pm So you think it is non permanent? I read the thread but didn't really get an answer to that..

Check out that Wellbutrin can induce dystonia and bruxism as a side effect, and that's something usually severe while sleeping, then I am not surprised you noticed it after waking up in the middle of the night.
Messing those muscles around your jaw, back of skull and ear can really induce tinnitus.

Reference: https://fpphysicaltherapy.com/how-is-ri ... neck-pain/
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

Thanks for your thoughts. To be honest I had also had a drink so no doubt that made it worse...been off for about 4 days now and don't feel too good. Dont know what to try next, perhaps that Parkinsons drug. I dunno if there really is any point.