Everything we knew about PSSD is wrong. Check out why.

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
DJoke

Re: Everything we knew about PSSD is wrong. Check out why.

Unread post by DJoke »

I really appreciate your research Guacamo. You give us a hope and that is the most important thing we can earn being traped in this condition. Will be waiting for your update!
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

I haven't figured things out to give any meaningful advice to the general population here still, will take a break from forum, do not plan to quit or anything but need refresh or change of scenery for a while. I can write to you general mechanics of PSSD of how i see this in huge TL:DR.
In my opinion PSSD is dysfunction of catabolism that is influenced by the change in certain receptor/protein expression that regulate enzyme activity. Every thing that affects PSSD wrong or bad is related to carbohydrate and fat catabolism.
For those not familiar with biology it basically goes like this.
You eat carbohydrates/fat/protein, your body then uses different pathways to change these into Acetyl-Coa, a molecule that can be "oxidized" during major biological pathway called "Citric Acid Cycle". Energy for everything you do is taken from breaking chemical bonds. Carbohydrates make pyruvate which changes into Acetyl-Coa, in case of fats it follows different pathways, let's say using products of ketogenesis (making "ketones" from fat). Ketones are made in the body from fats even if you are not in "keto diet", though in lower numbers. What is important is that your body balances between using energy from both on daily basis. If you did eat carbohydrate meal, body prefers carbohydrates, but as it use this source of fuel, it starts to burn glycogen, which is sort of "carbohydrate storing molecule" it's basically glucose that can be stored withing the cells and be used after there is no immediate source of energy.

Eventually if you did not eat carbohydrate meal for a longer period of time and you used your glycogen, then body puts more focus on lipolysis, and makes acetyl-Coa from the fats you have in your body. End of these is to produce molecule called "ATP" which is basically energy molecule for every living organism. To make things simple if your body could go to gas station and fuel itself there, then as cars can use diesel, then if you would be able to inject fuel into your cells directly in gas station, then it would be in form of ATP, because this is basically end-stage of energy production. Body then uses ATP for basically everything there is, chemical reactions, moving sodium, calcium, potassium in and out of the cell, etc, using muscles, etc. etc.

It is known that serotonin and carbohydrate mediated production of ATP is entangled. People on keto diet have for example lower amount of serotonin. Serotonin and carbohydrate mediated production of ATP is in my opinion major part of PSSD. It is not diabetes, because diabetes is a disease where there is not enough insulin. How insulin works is basically glucose cannot go into your cells if there is no insulin, because every cell has outer layer made from phospholipids, basically every cell is surrounded by fats to protect it. Since this fat protect cell from any unwanted chemical, for anything to go into the cell there is need for regulation mechanism. In case of glucose it is protein called "glucose transporter", which can take glucose into the cell and then long story short - produce ATP, one of the things insulin does it allow glucose transporte to take up glucose into the cell. That is not the problem in PSSD. Glucose goes into the cell. The problem is with glucose making ATP. For glucose to make ATP, there need to be dozens of chemical reactions, one set is called "glycolysis" to create chemical called "pyruvate" from glucose, then this "pyruvate" is used to create Acetyl-Coa and eventually acetyl-Coa joins crebs cycle. Crebs Cycle produces some chemicals which are used in another chemical step called "oxidative phosphorylation" which then finally makes ATP from citric acid intermediates. If you want to see all related enzymes i recommend wikipedia articles for the start. Glycolysis, Citric Acid Cycle, electron transport chain, oxidative phosphorylation, cell respiration. Those are the terms you can look in for.

There are a lot of chemical reactions from the initial carbohydrate to make ATP, but i do think the process of shit going sideway starts pretty early, in a intermediate point between glycolysis and crebs cycle , this point is called pyruvate dehydrogenase complex (turning "pyruvate" into "Acetyl-Coa"), then following steps are pyruvate carboxylase, where pyruvate and HCO3 (bicarbonate like in sodium bicarbonate from baking soda) make something called "oxaloacetate", then oxaloacetate react with Acetyl Coa and produce citrate, hence "citric acid cycle" because citric acid is recycled continously in order for the cycle to restart. So how serotonin does change these pathways? Well, you see there are several other signaling pathways that regulate these processes (take notice that best is to not exclude possibility for any specific pathway to malfunction), like AMPK:
"It is expressed in a number of tissues, including the liver, brain, and skeletal muscle. In response to binding AMP and ADP,[1] the net effect of AMPK activation is stimulation of hepatic fatty acid oxidation, ketogenesis, stimulation of skeletal muscle fatty acid oxidation and glucose uptake, inhibition of cholesterol synthesis, lipogenesis, and triglyceride synthesis, inhibition of adipocyte lipogenesis, inhibition of adipocyte lipolysis, and modulation of insulin secretion by pancreatic β-cells."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMP-activ ... ein_kinase

It is known that SSRI'S infleunce AMPK, same as inositol, sjw, lithium and others regulate AMPK activity. I thought before that inositol affects PSSD by modulating second messenger system, for example in serotonergic cells, but now i am fairly confident it is purely glucose regulating mechanisms of inositol that are beneficient. There are several regulation mechanisms that regulate AMPK, one of which is AMP:ATP ratio. Depending on the state of the whole cycle these supplements will help individual or clog the process out even more "crashing" people. You cannot touch any catabolic process in isolation and hope that you will be cured or your symptoms will diminish (unless you are one in a milion who lucked out and had everything set up just the right way). This is tl:dr of my thought process, just wanted to give you some presentation of my ideas before i vanish for a while. May look out this thread for a moment before i take a break for good to answer questions/debate ideas. I have no universally acceptable regimen to help you out in this problem, I know that what will help 1 person will make the other feel like shit mostly because there are so many reactions that can be fucked up. I suppose there are universal answers that adjusted a little to fit certain individual can be capable of being used as a general protocol for everyone, just have not come up with the idea yet. Healthy lifestyle can definitely balance things on it's own, diet full of vitamins, exercise, not engaging in unhealthy activities. Attack from many angles so to speak.

How exactly SSRI drives AMPK, other catabolic related enzymes, cell respiration and so on, to go wrong, I do not know, but these processes i just spoke about regulate every cell in your body. I do not say serotonin receptors like often mentioned 5ht1a do not play a role, but to include this in equation i would have to write another wall of text when i think what i wrote already will be pretty hard to grasp, when we go to specifics like discussing mechanism of certain serotonin receptors things will get complicated so much more and even then i believe the best way to look in order to recover is to make sure these metabolic pathways go well instead of focusing on serotonin itself.
I kow it is pretty dense in information and for anyone unfamiliar with the concepts it may be hard to grasp, have no idea, time and motivation to make it organized to be easily digestible, if that is even possible.

I do not advise you to any specific protocol, but if you want to make informed decision learn how certain supplement that you plan to take affect these pathways and how it may interact with other things you take, that is the best advice that I can give you.
Last edited by guacamo on Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Answers

Unread post by Answers »

Sorry but I've followed this thread for a while and continually seen you teasing something so I just need to ask...

Why do you have to keep making these dense, long winded posts which don't actually seem to go anywhere? And why don't you just reveal whatever protocol has helped you?

It just seems to me that you like to keep people guessing and wanted your own thread to create some interaction.

Then you continually threaten to leave again without revealing anything and after promising an explanation for months.

Also this information is far too broad and barely links up with PSSD in my opinion. If it does then you need to do a better job of explaining your theory.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

I do not threaten anyone, don't know where u got this assumption, I am just burned out and need a break. Thought that i will make faster progress on certain topics but it did not happen unfortunately. I understand your confusion on my post, but try to research those topics yourself which i basically handed on a plate where to go, that way it should not take that long.

I described why giving exact treatment is impossible for now, there is too many variables, too many factors that influence each other, but where these variables exist is in my opinion very important, does let people to make educated guess instead of randomly taking anything hoping it's going to help. I do not expect positive feedback after 1 day or even week, being accustomed with the idea for each individual person will take some time, but i believe those who are motivated will do their own research based on what i posted and for such people i wrote this post. This links very much with pssd, vitamin b3 creates NAD, which electron acceptor in cell respiration cycle, same as b2, vit b12 is used in fatty acid oxidation to create ATP, b1 is used in creating acetyl-coa from pyruvate, inositol inhibits AMPK function, sjw interacts with cell respiration in similar fashion as some of b vitamins do. Most of the people on this forum are super sensitive to any sort of b vitamin, as well as some of the minerals and supplements. It also links to something called "one carbon metabolism", something i consider worthwile to be accustomed with

SSRI affect cell respiration in many ways. Did you read wikipedia articles that i did recommend to read in my post? You can spike your serotonin or dopamine all you want and it will do nothing so the idea has to be abandoned. Indeed these receptors may be part of the problem but they are not where one should look for treatment. Every supplement that is spoken on this forum and has ever relieved symptoms or cured someone affects the pathways i mentioned. Optimizing these pathways is the key. A lot of people who became spontaneously cured did not take any supplement and instead adopted healthy lifestyle such as good diet and exercising, AMPK modulation is one of the reasons that exercise induce wellbeing in people. I know 5-ht1a or dopamine receptor downregulation sounds more plausible, because it is very very simple to understand and because of this also easy to accept. What i wrote in the end is not rocket science but i admit it is definitely more challenging to understand than something so plain and simple as 1 receptor not working. I do not negate that downregulation of certain receptors exist in pssd, buit even if it is true, it is not a problem, the problem is that downstream effects of these receptors change after SSRI intake, but i will not dwelve this topic because this is both harder to understand and has 0 practical use. No one would have any possibility to reverse those changes focusing directly at them, even if they wanted. If you want to try something take niacin, electron carrier in cell respiration cycle and baking soda, will donate bicarbonate ion, but i warn you it may help or crash you and reaction is impossible to predict beforehand. If you plan to do it start with miniscule amount, I do not want to be responsible for someone irresponsibility. Start from few mg of both and asses the effect it has on you, if positive you may then raise a bit again and so on. I do not say this to help you cure PSSD but i gave you 2 indermediates in the cycle to find out by yourself that something is going on. PSSD is cellular metabolism disease, they are all interlinked but cellular respiration and one carbon metabolism are prime examples where you can influence thing with even 1 vitamin and feel a lot different for good or for worse.

There are many protocols like that but there is no way to predict how these protocols will carry out on certain individuals, it is similar to psychiatric protocols where they prescribe medication without any proper assesment that would validate the decision, something which we all experienced at one point or another. This won't cure anything but will give you some perspective how symptoms can change or modulate. But remember safety first, if you plan to start, do it with very little at first. There is no point in treating yourself just to feel worse afterwards.
Answers

Unread post by Answers »

Took tonnes of niacin, thiamine and many other supplements like NAD+ that are supported to generate cellular energy or work on the pathways mentioned. Nothing has helped.

I did crash badly from inositol but none of the above helped that either.

For me the problem is more complex and can't just be down to a deficiency of ATP or there would be other symptoms across the board.

A lot of different pathways are affected by these substances.
Answers

Unread post by Answers »

guacamo wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:57 pm There are many protocols like that but there is no way to predict how these protocols will carry out on certain individuals, it is similar to psychiatric protocols where they prescribe medication without any proper assesment that would validate the decision, something which we all experienced at one point or another. This won't cure anything but will give you some perspective how symptoms can change or modulate. But remember safety first, if you plan to start, do it with very little at first. There is no point in treating yourself just to feel worse afterwards.

There are and that's true but it would be good to know which one helped you specifically and then let others make an informed decision about whether they wish to try it themselves. Hard enough to find a story where someone improved without them then refusing to disclose what led to it.

For what it's worth you seem decent enough and want to help but you should just reveal what led to your improvement before you take another break from here.
redditorx4

Unread post by redditorx4 »

guacamo wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:57 pm I do not threaten anyone, don't know where u got this assumption, I am just burned out and need a break. Thought that i will make faster progress on certain topics but it did not happen unfortunately. I understand your confusion on my post, but try to research those topics yourself which i basically handed on a plate where to go, that way it should not take that long.

I described why giving exact treatment is impossible for now, there is too many variables, too many factors that influence each other, but where these variables exist is in my opinion very important, does let people to make educated guess instead of randomly taking anything hoping it's going to help. I do not expect positive feedback after 1 day or even week, being accustomed with the idea for each individual person will take some time, but i believe those who are motivated will do their own research based on what i posted and for such people i wrote this post. This links very much with pssd, vitamin b3 creates NAD, which electron acceptor in cell respiration cycle, same as b2, vit b12 is used in fatty acid oxidation to create ATP, b1 is used in creating acetyl-coa from pyruvate, inositol inhibits AMPK function, sjw interacts with cell respiration in similar fashion as some of b vitamins do. Most of the people on this forum are super sensitive to any sort of b vitamin, as well as some of the minerals and supplements. It also links to something called "one carbon metabolism", something i consider worthwile to be accustomed with

SSRI affect cell respiration in many ways. Did you read wikipedia articles that i did recommend to read in my post? You can spike your serotonin or dopamine all you want and it will do nothing so the idea has to be abandoned. Indeed these receptors may be part of the problem but they are not where one should look for treatment. Every supplement that is spoken on this forum and has ever relieved symptoms or cured someone affects the pathways i mentioned. Optimizing these pathways is the key. A lot of people who became spontaneously cured did not take any supplement and instead adopted healthy lifestyle such as good diet and exercising, AMPK modulation is one of the reasons that exercise induce wellbeing in people. I know 5-ht1a or dopamine receptor downregulation sounds more plausible, because it is very very simple to understand and because of this also easy to accept. What i wrote in the end is not rocket science but i admit it is definitely more challenging to understand than something so plain and simple as 1 receptor not working. I do not negate that downregulation of certain receptors exist in pssd, buit even if it is true, it is not a problem, the problem is that downstream effects of these receptors change after SSRI intake, but i will not dwelve this topic because this is both harder to understand and has 0 practical use. No one would have any possibility to reverse those changes focusing directly at them, even if they wanted. If you want to try something take niacin, electron carrier in cell respiration cycle and baking soda, will donate bicarbonate ion, but i warn you it may help or crash you and reaction is impossible to predict beforehand. If you plan to do it start with miniscule amount, I do not want to be responsible for someone irresponsibility. Start from few mg of both and asses the effect it has on you, if positive you may then raise a bit again and so on. I do not say this to help you cure PSSD but i gave you 2 indermediates in the cycle to find out by yourself that something is going on. PSSD is cellular metabolism disease, they are all interlinked but cellular respiration and one carbon metabolism are prime examples where you can influence thing with even 1 vitamin and feel a lot different for good or for worse.

There are many protocols like that but there is no way to predict how these protocols will carry out on certain individuals, it is similar to psychiatric protocols where they prescribe medication without any proper assesment that would validate the decision, something which we all experienced at one point or another. This won't cure anything but will give you some perspective how symptoms can change or modulate. But remember safety first, if you plan to start, do it with very little at first. There is no point in treating yourself just to feel worse afterwards.
hello guacamo thank you so much for research. what caught my atention in your previous comment was enzymes and gene or dna methylation.

after i took camel urine for 2 days since then i am experiencing windows,

can you research this as im from europe https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20883769/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 2X15001965

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8347850/

p21, atp,p450 1a1 enzymes etc what do you think do you think this might be it?

can you research what those properties do to the body? can you read the whole thing all 3 websites my english not good lol sorry
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

redditorx4 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:40 pm
guacamo wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:57 pm I do not threaten anyone, don't know where u got this assumption, I am just burned out and need a break. Thought that i will make faster progress on certain topics but it did not happen unfortunately. I understand your confusion on my post, but try to research those topics yourself which i basically handed on a plate where to go, that way it should not take that long.

hello guacamo thank you so much for research. what caught my atention in your previous comment was enzymes and gene or dna methylation.

can you research this as im from europe https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20883769/

can you research what those properties do to the body? can you read the whole thing all 3 websites my english not good lol sorry
Hello. As far we don't really know about what truly PSSD is, from every supplement we can find a way of how it would works. How many times I discovered a plant or a supplement and made a lot of research and thought that could cure PSSD because it enhance dopamine, lower serotonin, or enhance AMPc, or up regulate androgen receptor or demethylate and so on.
Theory is good but for sure the treatment of PSSD will not come from hypothesis and theory. How many of us loose so many time because of the idea of 5HT1A downregulation? How many got cured?
I truly think the cure will come by hazard when someone will test a supplement (Urine camel for example) and get cure and then another guy tests and get cured as well and so on.
redditorx4

Unread post by redditorx4 »

Impermanence wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:39 am

Hello. As far we don't really know about what truly PSSD is, from every supplement we can find a way of how it would works. How many times I discovered a plant or a supplement and made a lot of research and thought that could cure PSSD because it enhance dopamine, lower serotonin, or enhance AMPc, or up regulate androgen receptor or demethylate and so on.
Theory is good but for sure the treatment of PSSD will not come from hypothesis and theory. How many of us loose so many time because of the idea of 5HT1A downregulation? How many got cured?
I truly think the cure will come by hazard when someone will test a supplement (Urine camel for example) and get cure and then another guy tests and get cured as well and so on.
yes absolutely, im the only one benefitted from it i think. erections at some point turn to 100% hardness and sensitivity is there. all after i drank only 0.5 gram of camel urine. in 2 days. and since then im only seeing improvements
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

redditorx4 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:42 am
Impermanence wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:39 am

yes absolutely, im the only one benefitted from it i think. erections at some point turn to 100% hardness and sensitivity is there. all after i drank only 0.5 gram of camel urine. in 2 days. and since then im only seeing improvements
You drank it just two days and you're still good? When did you drink it (how many days ago)?