Orgasms' pleasure intensity (while on SRIs)

Polls.

How did SRIs affect your orgasmic intensity when you were on them?

SRIs made my orgasmic intensity worse; non-pleasurable orgasms.
67%
They had no effect on my orgasmic intensity.
10%
SRIs made my orgasms much more intense; higher than normal.
24%

Total votes: 21
Twentyoneguns

Re: Orgasms' pleasure intensity (while on SRIs)

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

Yes in that area, but maybe slightly lower down and further back... Its difficult to describe, but thanks for the info about the pelvic floor relaxing. I've been having really bad pain problems here, and have been doing CPPS exercises hoping to relieve the pain... Maybe the two things are linked.... I'll look into reverse kegels..... Thank you.
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
WeAreTheDead

Unread post by WeAreTheDead »

Meso wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:55 pm What's puzzling is that neither of the aforementioned neurotransmitters have made people better. Even intranasal oxytocin is useless.
That is because the orgasmic pleasure dysfunction of PSSD is caused not by damage to the brain,
but by damage to the spinal cord, such that the spinal cord is not sending the correct signals to the brain.
There are neural mechanisms in the spinal cord that mirror those in the brain.
Namely, there are 5-ht2c receptors in the lumbosacral spinal cord that get desensitized,
akin to the 5-ht2c receptors in the brain.
The only way to restore orgasmic pleasure is to restore those 5-ht2c receptors in the spinal cord.

Meso wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:55 pm That said, I think serotonin is needed for orgasmic intensity. I remember that while I was on Clomipramine + Venlafaxine, they gave me anorgasmia but if I work hard and manage to reach an orgasm it was pretty much mind-shattering rush of pleasure; way more pleasurable than normal.
That is caused by hyperstimulation, without desensitization, of those same spinal 5-ht2c receptors.
Those 5-ht2c receptors are on GABA interneurons, which project onto presynaptic bulbs,
to store-up neurotransmitters therein.
SRIs are not "anti-depressants"; they are anti-sexualants.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

WeAreTheDead wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:29 pm
Meso wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:55 pm What's puzzling is that neither of the aforementioned neurotransmitters have made people better. Even intranasal oxytocin is useless.
That is because the orgasmic pleasure dysfunction of PSSD is caused not by damage to the brain,
but by damage to the spinal cord, such that the spinal cord is not sending the correct signals to the brain.
There are neural mechanisms in the spinal cord that mirror those in the brain.
Namely, there are 5-ht2c receptors in the lumbosacral spinal cord that get desensitized,
akin to the 5-ht2c receptors in the brain.
The only way to restore orgasmic pleasure is to restore those 5-ht2c receptors in the spinal cord.

Meso wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:55 pm That said, I think serotonin is needed for orgasmic intensity. I remember that while I was on Clomipramine + Venlafaxine, they gave me anorgasmia but if I work hard and manage to reach an orgasm it was pretty much mind-shattering rush of pleasure; way more pleasurable than normal.
That is caused by hyperstimulation, without desensitization, of those same spinal 5-ht2c receptors.
Those 5-ht2c receptors are on GABA interneurons, which project onto presynaptic bulbs,
to store-up neurotransmitters therein.
You have no proof that it’s spinal cord damage so please don’t mislead people
PittieLady

Unread post by PittieLady »

This is my number 1 issue. Also took setraline on and off for years. Went 10 years off and it made no difference. I am interested I'm the theories here around if it's the brain, spinal cord etc
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

arahant wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:06 pm
Frog wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:58 pm For the month that I was in Sertraline, I couldn’t orgasm at all
The same result of Sertraline on me while taking it. And after discontinuation still pleasureless and muted.
Jaxx wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:11 pm Worse for sure for me. Although buspirone didnt help my pssd much, it did make my orgasm better interestingly
Even if I was taking Welbutrin after sertraline discontinuation, orgasms were pure shit.
I have also a similar experience with buspirone-related orgasms.
This drug was the only stuff that gave me back a decent one, it was very dose-dependent and timing-dependent, sometimes the result was mindblowing and stronger than before taking sertraline.
which drug?
PittieLady

Unread post by PittieLady »

I think he is talking about buspirone...is that right arahunt?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

PittieLady wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:27 pm I think he is talking about buspirone...is that right arahunt?
Yes. ;)
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

Thanks. Didn't work for me sadly.