How are you now?

Polls.

How are you now PSSD-wise compared to when you got it?

Worsened
6%
Did not improve at all but did not worsen
33%
Improved only a little
44%
Improved significantly but still far from full recovery
6%
Mostly recovered
6%
Fully recovered
6%

Total votes: 18
frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8

How are you now?

Unread post by frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 »

Also it will be useful to comment your current state+the time since you got PSSD.
Last edited by frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

Re: How are you now?

Unread post by Thomas »

Your survey misses the "worsened" option, which seems to be the majority, depending on the definition of "when you got it".
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3828

My PSSD had worsened for one or two months after quitting. Since then, it swings between lower (when mood or sleep are bad) and some very short windows (days) when I tried some psy drugs (benzo, hydroxyzine, buspirone).
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8

Unread post by frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 »

Thomas wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:21 am Your survey misses the "worsened" option, which seems to be the majority, depending on the definition of "when you got it".
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3828

My PSSD had worsened for one or two months after quitting. Since then, it swings between lower (when mood or sleep are bad) and some very short windows (days) when I tried some psy drugs (benzo, hydroxyzine, buspirone).
I added that option. Unfortunately existing votes (2x did not improve) got deleted. I am very sorry for all of us.
Twentyoneguns

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

1998 PSSD from Sertraline (though didn't know thats what is was or what was responsible, found out subsequently in 2016) reduced sensitivity, reduced semen volume, no reaction to visual stimuli, erections more difficult.

2016 Sertraline again (3 days) . Tinnitus, memory problems, insomnia, worsening of sexual sides.

2019 Levothyroxine 2 month trial for hypothyroidism. Drastic loss of libido and CFS started (CFS remission after 5 months)

2020 Hydrocortisone cream for 7 days for fungal infection. Genital pain, penile atrophy, further reduction in libido, CFS returned, tinnitus increased and depression.

2021 Avena Sativa 2 days (from homeopath, but not homeopathic dilution) . Worsening of tinnitus, CFS, pain, libido and depression. I took this 10/2/21, symptoms worsening by the week.

So take note! Don't mess with herbs, supplements or anything involving hormones.

Never had any windows in 23 years.

2016 crash seemed to have made me ultra sensitive to virtually everything.

I was fairly happy and acceptably functional til the 2019 crash, now I'm in misery. There is no limit to how far you can fall.

Thank god I have a wonderful understanding girlfriend.

Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

I voted "Mostly recovered"
I got PSSD around 3-5 years ago from Venlafaxine + Clomipramine. I can't remember the exact time.

I'm mostly recovered because I no longer experience sexual and cognitive symptoms. I still suffer from anhedonia and blunted affect. I'm taking drugs for symptomatic relief of anhedonia. Blunted affect is very stubborn, though.

If one day I recover naturally (or otherwise) from anhedonia and blunted affect without needing any symptomatic relief drugs, I'd say I'm fully recovered/cured.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

Meso wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:41 pm I voted "Mostly recovered"
I got PSSD around 3-5 years ago from Venlafaxine + Clomipramine.
What would you say the biggest factor in your recovery was? I was reading up on your trials a bit, but I was unable to find what it was that cured you.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Sb919 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:49 pm What would you say the biggest factor in your recovery was? I was reading up on your trials a bit, but I was unable to find what it was that cured you.
The DXM + Naltrexone trial helped significantly followed by the Lithium + TRT trial that left more permanent effects.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Breathdeep

Unread post by Breathdeep »

6 months with pssd from 30 tablet of Prozac. I have made small amount of progress but when I've had windows be them natural or with suppliments like inositol or boron or microdosing lsd, they've been better windows In general.
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions