PSSD for 3 years, corticosteroids temporarily cured all PSSD symptoms

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
CN9

Re: PSSD for 3 years, corticosteroids temporarily cured all PSSD symptoms

Unread post by CN9 »

Maxin wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:04 am I have been saying for 15 years it’s down to cortisol and receptors. If we focused our energy here and get on board with this already we’d solve this.
I knew my first damaged year after a dexamethasone suppression test all symptoms can be reversed with a steroid. Now we just need to know why and how we can maintain improvement. There are a milllion different ways to get steroid system functioning properly abs it’s worth is testing these multiple ways. It’s about retraining the hpa system to respond properly.
Look at the supposed cures in pssd history. We keep seeing licorice prednisone, mifepristone, and antifungals. What is the common pattern here? Cortisol.
We blasted our bodies with serotonin, which in turn revved up our cortisol to levels beyond homeostasis for prolonged time. Receptors got used to high levels of cortisol. Then we pulled the drug out of our bods (usually too quickly) and our glucorticoid receptors didn’t have time to adjust. There is a huge action reaction with cortisol and serotonin. And the biggest clue is how you see people gain weight on ssri’s exactly like they do on high dose steroids. It is why people develop diabetes or become Prediabetic on these drugs. Just Like Steroids!!!
Sounds plausible but... my Cortisol was in the range, why?
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

CN9 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:27 am
Maxin wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:04 am I have been saying for 15 years it’s down to cortisol and receptors. If we focused our energy here and get on board with this already we’d solve this.
I knew my first damaged year after a dexamethasone suppression test all symptoms can be reversed with a steroid. Now we just need to know why and how we can maintain improvement. There are a milllion different ways to get steroid system functioning properly abs it’s worth is testing these multiple ways. It’s about retraining the hpa system to respond properly.
Look at the supposed cures in pssd history. We keep seeing licorice prednisone, mifepristone, and antifungals. What is the common pattern here? Cortisol.
We blasted our bodies with serotonin, which in turn revved up our cortisol to levels beyond homeostasis for prolonged time. Receptors got used to high levels of cortisol. Then we pulled the drug out of our bods (usually too quickly) and our glucorticoid receptors didn’t have time to adjust. There is a huge action reaction with cortisol and serotonin. And the biggest clue is how you see people gain weight on ssri’s exactly like they do on high dose steroids. It is why people develop diabetes or become Prediabetic on these drugs. Just Like Steroids!!!
Sounds plausible but... my Cortisol was in the range, why?
Did you measure it while on the ssri? I think it’s more about reaching high levels short term or while in the Med burning out our gr receptors.
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

I was off for months.
Cooperr

Unread post by Cooperr »

Cooperr wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:13 am
Redx07664 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:41 pm
Cooperr wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:18 am

Thanks for the response man!! Can we go a little more in detail for clarity? Did you have any scar tissue build- up on your penis? Like very slight peyronie's like issues? Did it heal back too?

Also, did you measure your penis? You were in hospital so i guess you couldn't? How are you 100% sure that the erect girth/ length reversed fully back? Did you masturbate and observed your orgasm sensivity and semen volume too? Was it like pre-pssd? I would probably cry out of happiness when i ejaculate lol! :mrgreen: (Im 6 years into this PAS nightmare.)

Im just curious and hope for the best but i have to keep this scientific. Thxx
I masturbated and had an orgasm that was pre-pssd. Have you gone to therapy and talked about your issues with a therapist? I think it would really help you, as it has helped me.
Thanks again redox, you missed one important question.
:arrow: Did your penis size came back to 100% normal? Have you measured the **girth and length** to see it? (Glans shape/ engorging and all that..)

Also was pc muscles and penis itself as hard as pre-pssd? Any more details would be good to hear!
@Redx07664 man are you still here? Please hit me back.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

CN9 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:09 pm I was off for months.
So I’m saying that ssri’s cause a huge increase in cortisol while taking them. They may go back to normal after stopping but it’s that increase that does something to the hpa axis. Not sure if the gr receptors downregulate. But it’s why I’m very curious to see what happens with the Cortene trials,
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

I think I figured this out.

It's because exogenous corticosteroids suppress hypothalamus production of ACTH. Which leads to a temporary calming of the adrenals, without activating the glucocorticoid receptors in the brain the way cirtisol does, thus limiting the overconversion of dopamine into neuradrenaline, and limitting the upregulstion of 5ht2c receptors (both mechanisms are mostly cortisol mediated,)

Your pssd is caused by an excess of cortisol, or an abnormal cortisol release curve that is flattened by taking a single punctual dose of prednisone
PittieLady

Unread post by PittieLady »

Im really interested in this because I have adrenal insufficiency....my adrenals dont work so i take 2x daily hydrocortisone. My orgasms totally suck...best orgasms are oddly under pressured situations and few and far between. Weird thing is is that women (i am one) with adrenal insufficiency have normal sex drives as long as they take their corticosteroids and take dhea which i do both of
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

I suggest anyone that can afford to do a Dutch hormone test. It gives the best picture thus far that I’ve seen in regards to cortisol patterns. It also gives different cortisol metabolites. This would be awesome if we could get as many people to do this and narrow this down. It also gives all sex hormones as well.
My cortisol is low through to the evening and upon waking. But at 10:00 am I get a surge of cortisol. I’m talking 10x the amount I’m making at any other time. So then, my overall production is high but I’m only making it for a short while.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Maxin wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:17 pm I suggest anyone that can afford to do a Dutch hormone test. It gives the best picture thus far that I’ve seen in regards to cortisol patterns. It also gives different cortisol metabolites. This would be awesome if we could get as many people to do this and narrow this down. It also gives all sex hormones as well.
My cortisol is low through to the evening and upon waking. But at 10:00 am I get a surge of cortisol. I’m talking 10x the amount I’m making at any other time. So then, my overall production is high but I’m only making it for a short while.
Any improvements these days? what are you going to try next?
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

cdraham wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:37 pm
Maxin wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:17 pm I suggest anyone that can afford to do a Dutch hormone test. It gives the best picture thus far that I’ve seen in regards to cortisol patterns. It also gives different cortisol metabolites. This would be awesome if we could get as many people to do this and narrow this down. It also gives all sex hormones as well.
Any improvements these days? what are you going to try next?
I just started bhrt because all my hormones are in the tank. But I have problems tolerating them because of whatever issues are going in with my cortisol. So I’m hoping the hormones will make whatever is going on more obvious.