PSSD for 3 years, corticosteroids temporarily cured all PSSD symptoms

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Thomas

Re: PSSD for 3 years, corticosteroids temporarily cured all PSSD symptoms

Unread post by Thomas »

Area1255_2021 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:11 pm ...Some people with PSSD, a SMALL group of people might have too much Histamine (like 1%) and this group *might* be getting a reduction in Anxiety.

If this affects 1% of PSSD sufferers, the most plausible explanation would be this is not related to PSSD and is another issue.
From what I have read and experienced, people with PSSD usually lose their allergies. I sneezed for the first time in 18 months this summer, during a window - before I was sneezing 10% of the time (due to allergies)
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
IHateProzac

Unread post by IHateProzac »

Redx07664 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:27 pm Wondering what others think about this... have had PSSD (no erections, muted orgasm, numb penis, usual stuff) for 3 years after 6 months of 50mg Paxil CR. About a year ago, I happened to get a bad rash from poison oak and received an injection and pills of corticosteroids that reversed all the PSSD symptoms 100% for about a day. I've found some information about corticosteroids and apparently they regulate 5-HT1A receptor. What might I try if corticosteroids temporarily did something? Buspirone? For anyone wondering, the injection was dexamethasone and the orals were prednisone.
This is an old post but just wanted to weigh in by saying that I have been using corticosteroids on and off for eczema. But more recently I saw improvements in PSSD from corticosteroids, but it last for only 3 or 4 days.
Area1255_2021

Unread post by Area1255_2021 »

Thomas wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:57 am
Area1255_2021 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:11 pm ...Some people with PSSD, a SMALL group of people might have too much Histamine (like 1%) and this group *might* be getting a reduction in Anxiety.

If this affects 1% of PSSD sufferers, the most plausible explanation would be this is not related to PSSD and is another issue.
From what I have read and experienced, people with PSSD usually lose their allergies. I sneezed for the first time in 18 months this summer, during a window - before I was sneezing 10% of the time (due to allergies)
Yes, most people with PSSD have LOW HISTAMINE. This is explained once again in my Nitric Oxide theory of PSSD.
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

Hypomethylate state is supposed to go with high Histamine and high sexuality and hypermethylate with low histamine and low sexuality...
I also lost some allergies condition since 1,5 years (PSSD).
How did you guys respond to Histidine? Good, neutral or bad? (I never tried)
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Impermanence wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:48 am Hypomethylate state is supposed to go with high Histamine and high sexuality and hypermethylate with low histamine and low sexuality...
Neutral
Area1255_2021

Unread post by Area1255_2021 »

cdraham wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:05 am
Impermanence wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:48 am Hypomethylate state is supposed to go with high Histamine and high sexuality and hypermethylate with low histamine and low sexuality...
Neutral
You need to address the Nitric Oxide system concomitantly with Histamine in order to Redirect Histamine to the right place...signaling in the hypothalamus needs to be fixed - that's why I wrote The Protocol.
supertucker1

Unread post by supertucker1 »

I’ve posted about this before, but it’s relevant.

On a tapering course of Prednisone for a pinched nerve in my back, and I’ve definitely experienced an increase in libido. I’ve had PSSD for 18 years and the only things that have given me a libido boost are substances that stimulate the Glucocorticoid Receptors. The 2 main things are corticosteroids (i.e. Prednisone) and an alcohol hangover. I keep intending to try MSM as well since it appears to have some interaction.

Just passing it on…..
Brain food

Unread post by Brain food »

supertucker1 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:50 pm I’ve posted about this before, but it’s relevant.

On a tapering course of Prednisone for a pinched nerve in my back, and I’ve definitely experienced an increase in libido. I’ve had PSSD for 18 years and the only things that have given me a libido boost are substances that stimulate the Glucocorticoid Receptors. The 2 main things are corticosteroids (i.e. Prednisone) and an alcohol hangover. I keep intending to try MSM as well since it appears to have some interaction.

Just passing it on…..
What is MSM?
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

supertucker1 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:50 pm I’ve posted about this before, but it’s relevant.

Just passing it on…..
Same. If people zeroed in on gr receptors we could beat this. It’s down to cortisol. That pathway fucks it hormones and everything. But unless we fix it it won’t matter what else we mess with.