PSSD knowledge

Polls.

Did you know about PSSD before quitting SSRIs?

Not at all, I discovered PSSD after quitting, while searching for my symptoms
65%
A bit, I knew withdrawal could go wrong but not that much
18%
Yes, I was aware of PSSD before quitting
18%

Total votes: 17
Thomas

PSSD knowledge

Unread post by Thomas »

I find it interesting to assess PSSD knowledge.
Please do not hesitate to post your comments.
Myself : I knew about withdrawal symptoms but thought they last only few weeks (which is usually the case).
Last edited by Thomas on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
Kk88

Re: PSSD knowledge

Unread post by Kk88 »

No idea at all. I think it's important people add to this with when they took meds, given the labels (european) can now warn of sexual dysfunction after discontinuation.
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Absolutely no clue. Was on them for a good year or 2 before I realised. Doctor said I had an enlarged prostate so I thought it was that causing the numbness, couldn’t think of anything else. Had no idea a tablet could cause this shit 😡 maybe I’d be less numb if I’d known back then what it was
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
Kiliantkt

Unread post by Kiliantkt »

I only knew about PSSD when I first tapered. Went from 30-45min (during 9 years) duration to literally 1-2min from a day to another. Checked the symptoms and saw PSSD. Increased my dose again to initial, duration was better bur far from what it was before (10min vs 30-45min). Kept the dose 2 years until tapering off during a 40 day juice fast and thought I would only get this symptom remaining and was ready to face it. But didn't expect anhedonia, blunted emotions, and the whole PSSD issues. NEVER.
PE, ED, Dead Libido, Loss of erogenous sensation, Ejaculatory anhedonia, Burning at ejaculation
General Anhedonia
Severe Blunted Emotions
SSRI & SNRI: 2011-2019
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

I knew about it. But I didn’t get it the first time so I thought I am immune.
frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8

Unread post by frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 »

I read that "sexual side effects can persist after discontinuation" before knowing that I have it. Don't know if it happened before or after discontinuation, but it was after starting "treatment", unfortunately.
Twentyoneguns

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

Taken antidepressants on and off since early 90's and knew nothing (not told by doctor/never read anything bad) about PSSD, until switching from Fluoxetine to Sertraline in 2016....bang! full on PSSD, found out about PSSD from quick internet search. I think I had used my 1990's knowledge without updating it until 2016...Unless you're actually looking for info on PSSD you wont find it...but information has improved over the last few years.
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)