Allergies and PSSD

Polls.

Have you had any allergies prior to developing PSSD?

No, I never had any allergies
36%
Yes, food allergy
14%
Yes, drug allergy
7%
Yes, other allergy
43%

Total votes: 14
defmyst

Allergies and PSSD

Unread post by defmyst »

I am curious to know how many of you have any sort of a allergy. I have no precise theory that I can share that could explain why this would matter. An allergy nevertheless implies that your immune system reacts to a substance that is considered harmful (even though it isn't). So it is an effect a defect in your immune system. Whether or not this may play a role in PSSD in some way or another I have no idea (although some people have speculated an autoimmune reason behind it), but I don't think this question has ever been raised and I don't think it would hurt to figure that out.

I am personally severely allergic to gluten and chicken primarily. I had these allergies before I started taking antidepressants.

I'd appreciate your participation in the poll.
hasbeenjoe

Re: Allergies and PSSD

Unread post by hasbeenjoe »

My allergies essentially went away after developing PSSD. I used to get colds and hay fever quite a bit, had sinus drainage constantly, etc. Histamine response seem to be another of those excitation responses in the body, that once you get PSSD, it downregulates like everything else. A global downregulation of many systems firing like they used to including glutamate, dopamine, histamine, using and feeling androgens like we used to, and so on. While I don't miss the colds and constant drainage, it was obviously part of the baseline package and I'd take it back it back if it put me closer to my old-self. I used to think of it as a real pain but now realize it was just a minor inconvenience.
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

I will be periodically posting on this thread to bump it up as I would like more people to participate. I have noticed that all of these polls that are created have low participation since no one really checks this sub forum unless it's on the index board.

Any registered users, please vote. It will take exactly 1 second.
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

I used to have a dust mite allergy... but don't have it anymore or experienced any effects of it.
the reaction was a running nose, a swollen throat, I think (not sure to be honest but definetly) getting sick for some days.

It started to fade away when I startet to get my first erectile dysfunction experience.

FURTHER NOTES: When I get a cold, I don't get a good fever. I'm sick for at least 1 week, mostly 2 weeks instead of being heavily sick (with a good fever) for only 2 or 3 days to get much better afterwards. And everytime when I had a cold, I had my best windows. One time in all of those years, I felt my boner rock hard deep till the pelvic floor and had no ejaculatio praecox.

I'm sure there is a correlation.