Starting an official study on PSSD's pathophysiology & its cure

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
captured

Re: [Announcements] Starting an official study on PSSD's pathophysiology & its cure

Unread post by captured »

REVOLUTIONIZE wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:41 pm
Frog wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:56 pm
How2cure wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:50 am Im not sure why you decided to ignore my question Meso. I thought you were all in for full transparency? If the "project" is not being officially endorsed by your University, you should let us know. If it is, please provide us with your Universitys name and contact information. Thank you.
Have you considered he may take days off or be asleep? Be patient
He definitely was not asleep as he answered one question that had been written earlier than how2cure one.

Share with us the name of the University, I am ready to donate.

Mesos link number 2 called "full transparency" is not working.
That must be the page you are seeking for. Click on "That" word at the beginning of my post if you cannot see it having a different colour.
climb

Re: [Announcements] Starting an official study on PSSD's pathophysiology & its cure

Unread post by climb »

Hi Meso

thanks for your efforts in arranging to do this research.
As you have mentioned, it's a good idea to be in contact with Dr Healy, Melcangi etc. Cooperation with and approval from these people is in the best interests of everyone.
I couldn't access the google drive link in your first post.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Meso wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:08 am
cdraham wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:50 am Thanks meso! Maybe you could also send this out to the lead PFS/PSSD researcher Dr. Robert Melcangi at the university of milan.
Hey cdraham,

I've just heard about the Melcangi initiative earlier today from Jaxx. I wish I knew about it earlier than this, so I wouldn't have posted this thread now.

I'll put my project on-hold for now to allow time for Melcangi et al to present their own study proposal. This is to allow the community time to make a decision as I imagine they would prefer to wait for that. I heard that it's still in its very early stages so that might take many months for a study proposal to come out.

I also hope that Melcangi's study is not just a one-off study without seeing this condition through to the very end. It would be a shame for him to get back to PFS afterwards, given that each study takes several months to a year for completion, or even more depending on design complexity.

Thanks for notifying me.
Thanks for putting your project on hold while Melcangi et al can do some real peer reviewed research on PSSD. Maybe you can contribute to this study if you have PSSD yourself, so we can find a cure faster.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

cdraham wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:49 am Thanks for putting your project on hold while Melcangi et al can do some real peer reviewed research on PSSD. Maybe you can contribute to this study if you have PSSD yourself, so we can find a cure faster.
In case you don't know, I came under attack by a few members just for proposing this study. So, I'm no longer interested in carrying out a peer-reviewed study on PSSD. I'm greatly discouraged from further researching this condition. That said, it's been shelved, and will remain so for a while, but it's not been completely scrapped.

Since Melcangi's study might be the only option on table at the moment, I'd like to emphasize that it is of utmost importance to know his study's outline before providing financial support for it. From what I've seen, he has worked on a single epigenetic study before and his studies on PFS are far from conclusive and are mostly irrelevant to the grand scheme of things. He neither came up with an animal model for PFS nor found a marker for the condition.

I'm not attacking the scientist, I'm just criticizing him in order to show you how important it is for you to capitalize on this opportunity (by contacting and asking him details of his study) as it may be the only opportunity PSSD has for animal research now.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Meso wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:48 pm
cdraham wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:49 am Thanks for putting your project on hold while Melcangi et al can do some real peer reviewed research on PSSD. Maybe you can contribute to this study if you have PSSD yourself, so we can find a cure faster.
In case you don't know, I came under attack by a few members just for proposing this study. So, I'm no longer interested in carrying out a peer-reviewed study on PSSD. I'm greatly discouraged from further researching this condition. That said, it's been shelved, and will remain so for a while, but it's not been completely scrapped.

Since Melcangi's study might be the only option on table at the moment, I'd like to emphasize that it is of utmost importance to know his study's outline before providing financial support for it. From what I've seen, he has worked on a single epigenetic study before and his studies on PFS are far from conclusive and are mostly irrelevant to the grand scheme of things. He neither came up with an animal model for PFS nor found a marker for the condition.

I'm not attacking the scientist, I'm just criticizing him in order to show you how important it is for you to capitalize on this opportunity (by contacting and asking him details of his study) as it may be the only opportunity PSSD has for animal research now.
Ok. So, will you contribute financially to the melcangi study? We need as many people as possible.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

cdraham wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:01 pm Ok. So, will you contribute financially to the melcangi study? We need as many people as possible.
If I'm convinced by his study proposal outline, I sure will.
How2cure

Unread post by How2cure »

Meso has ignored my question twice now. Once again, he has made a claim with no proof whatsover regarding his project being official, and when asked to demonstrate proof, he ignores the question.
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

Excuse me, what Melcangi's study?

As far as I know, soon or maybe already, the results of the study on SSRIs and rats will be available. We need to see if they are interesting results that suggest further study.

Melcangi has a study project for allopregnanolone and post finasteride syndrome. Are you referring to this or another project for pssd?

Meso, you can also wait to evaluate if Mario Negri, recently involved through David Healy, offers a promising research project that will need financial support.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

anacleta wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:42 am Excuse me, what Melcangi's study?
All I know is that there is a rumor that someone from the community decided to donate 25K USD to Melcangi to carry out a study on PSSD, but 25K isn't enough for him to start it and they will likely need the community to donate another 25K, or a different sum, idk. There is no further data on this. It's still in very early stage and the study proposal/outline hasn't been written yet.

I know that this rumored Melcangi study is in its early stage, but since I don't want to waste more of my personal effort, time and money on making the study I'm proposing a reality/possibility just for it to be a total waste at the end, I've decided to shelve it. People are predictable and they would pick those who have the higher credentials - that being Melcangi (PhD).
anacleta wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:42 amMeso, you can also wait to evaluate if Mario Negri, recently involved through David Healy, offers a promising research project that will need financial support.
I'm still waiting to hear more about any of those rumors. But whatever the case, I will likely depart from PSSD research within 3 months to focus on researching another medical condition.
REVOLUTIONIZE

Unread post by REVOLUTIONIZE »

How2cure wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:24 pm Meso has ignored my question twice now. Once again, he has made a claim with no proof whatsover regarding his project being official, and when asked to demonstrate proof, he ignores the question.
He ignored mine too - it only proves that he may not be an actual researcher.

Criticises Dr.Melcangi, but cannot take critisim about himself and therefore is discouraged to study the conditon that he suffers from ? Are you for real ?