Terpenes from citrus peel? Dosist?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
JP1985

Terpenes from citrus peel? Dosist?

Unread post by JP1985 »

Hi guys, just thought this might be worth sharing as maybe someone understands the science behind it may be able to use this info I received from a doctor I emailed who has interest in PSSD. I’m sure most of you will know of him!

He mentioned Dosist and citrus peel, apparently available in Canada? I’m from the UK and never heard of it but from googling it I can see it’s something to do with cannabis. Anyway here’s the ‘important’ part of the email I received...

The email - “There was an interesting email a while ago from a guy in the US who figured a cannabis brand Dosist had dramatically helped him - on two separate occasions where cannabis didn't normally help. He fingered the terpenes in Dosist - linalool, farnesene and limonen. These are used as flavourings - basically stuff in lemon peel and orange peel.

Dosist is only available in 3 US States and some parts of Canada. We've tried to get Canadians with PSSD interested but the lock-down here is getting in the way of people trying things so we might not know for a while what to make of this. It might in the meantime be worth eating some citrus peel to see what happens

Keep me posted if you do”

Then on the next email he mentioned getting the terpenes out of the peel and taking that?

I wonder if any of the brainy science people in here could do something with this information? Who knows but I thought this info was worth sharing!
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
cdraham

Re: Terpenes from citrus peel? Dosist?

Unread post by cdraham »

Whats the science behind this? How does that doctor even know what PSSD is when there is no resesrch?
Brain food

Unread post by Brain food »

In response to cdraham: I‘m pretty sure that the doctor he is referring to is Dr. David Healy who started RxRisk and got the European Medicines Agency to recognize PSSD.

This Dosist pen actually does seem to contain some magic ingredient. I bought 3 pens of Dosist Arouse and one pen of Dosist Arouse THC-plus in California. It definitely does help me feel penile sensation temporarily. I feel that there is a connection to my brain when I stroke my genitals. I felt a pleasurable sensation, which I don’t normally. It also felt different when I urinated while under the influence of Dosist. There seems to be more of a sensation in the inside of my penis and less on the outside. I’m really not sure which ingredient in Dosist Arouse helps with genital sensation. I’m not going to pretend to know the science behind it.

I noticed that it only has the genital sensitivity effect for the first couple ‘doses’. The standard pens are supposed to have 100 doses in total. That is the amount of times that you can smoke it. I’m not exactly sure how many ‘doses’ you can take before it stops helping with PSSD but I did notice that after smoking enough doses from the pen, it still got me high but didn’t help with genital sensation at all. There also seems to be some libido enhancing effect. And while it seems to really improve genital sensation for only a short amount of time, perhaps 30 minutes, I might have experienced some increased sensation and enhanced libido for a few days afterwards. So maybe the magic ingredient is heavier than the rest of the solution in the Cannabis oil. I suspect that the secret ingredient isn’t linalool though. That’s pretty common in different strains of marijuana and normal marijuana doesn’t seem to help people with this condition. If more people try Dosist Arouse and it has this same effect, perhaps we could get a laboratory to analyze which terpenes are still in the pen after half of the doses have been smoked. I really don’t think that THC is the ingredient that helps with genital sensation though. Both the standard Dosist Arouse and Dosist Arouse THC-plus pens produced the same effect. Perhaps the THC plus pen produced a less powerful effect but I’m really not sure.
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Brain food wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:32 am In response to cdraham: I‘m pretty sure that the doctor he is referring to is Dr. David Healy who started RxRisk and got the European Medicines Agency to recognize PSSD.

This Dosist pen actually does seem to contain some magic ingredient. I bought 3 pens of Dosist Arouse and one pen of Dosist Arouse THC-plus in California. It definitely does help me feel penile sensation temporarily. I feel that there is a connection to my brain when I stroke my genitals. I felt a pleasurable sensation, which I don’t normally. It also felt different when I urinated while under the influence of Dosist. There seems to be more of a sensation in the inside of my penis and less on the outside. I’m really not sure which ingredient in Dosist Arouse helps with genital sensation. I’m not going to pretend to know the science behind it.

I noticed that it only has the genital sensitivity effect for the first couple ‘doses’. The standard pens are supposed to have 100 doses in total. That is the amount of times that you can smoke it. I’m not exactly sure how many ‘doses’ you can take before it stops helping with PSSD but I did notice that after smoking enough doses from the pen, it still got me high but didn’t help with genital sensation at all. There also seems to be some libido enhancing effect. And while it seems to really improve genital sensation for only a short amount of time, perhaps 30 minutes, I might have experienced some increased sensation and enhanced libido for a few days afterwards. So maybe the magic ingredient is heavier than the rest of the solution in the Cannabis oil. I suspect that the secret ingredient isn’t linalool though. That’s pretty common in different strains of marijuana and normal marijuana doesn’t seem to help people with this condition. If more people try Dosist Arouse and it has this same effect, perhaps we could get a laboratory to analyze which terpenes are still in the pen after half of the doses have been smoked. I really don’t think that THC is the ingredient that helps with genital sensation though. Both the standard Dosist Arouse and Dosist Arouse THC-plus pens produced the same effect. Perhaps the THC plus pen produced a less powerful effect but I’m really not sure.
Yes Dr Healy, and that’s great that you’ve tried it and it’s helped you too! We need more people to try this who can get it! I might try get some if I can somehow order it online.. although I worry about the ‘high’ it causes as weed makes me anxious! I would probably try it if I could though as I’d love to feel normal sensation again!

Thanks for sharing the info! It gives me some hope!
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

I live in Canada and tried it, it did nothing for me but Im also on 50mg of zoloft
Brain food

GIXXER wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:39 pm I live in Canada and tried it, it did nothing for me but Im also on 50mg of zoloft
So do you have PSSD or just sexual dysfunction while you’re still taking the antidepressant? Have you ever gotten off of Zoloft and the sexual dysfunction continued?
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

I am getting annoyed with all of these people who do not understand what POST stands for in PSSD. Pretty much almost everyone on antidepressants has sexual dysfunction. You have PSSD if you stop them and things never go back to normal.
Brain food

JP1985 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:29 pm
Brain food wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:32 am In response to cdraham: I‘m pretty sure that the doctor he is referring to is Dr. David Healy who started RxRisk and got the European Medicines Agency to recognize PSSD.

Yes Dr Healy, and that’s great that you’ve tried it and it’s helped you too! We need more people to try this who can get it! I might try get some if I can somehow order it online.. although I worry about the ‘high’ it causes as weed makes me anxious! I would probably try it if I could though as I’d love to feel normal sensation again!

It doesn’t really get you that high. The normal Dosist Arouse is 10 parts CBD to one part THC. They have a version that is higher in THC but you can just try the regular one. Also, each ‘dose’ is pretty small in terms of its effect. It gets you a lot less high than a puff from a joint. I have a feeling that if we discover the secret ingredient, a version with only CBD could be made. I also wonder if we were to find the secret ingredient, if it would increase sensation more at a higher dose.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Do you have the list of ingredients? Or at least, is it possible to ask it to the manufacturer?
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Brain food wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:49 pm
JP1985 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:29 pm

It doesn’t really get you that high. The normal Dosist Arouse is 10 parts CBD to one part THC. They have a version that is higher in THC but you can just try the regular one. Also, each ‘dose’ is pretty small in terms of its effect. It gets you a lot less high than a puff from a joint. I have a feeling that if we discover the secret ingredient, a version with only CBD could be made. I also wonder if we were to find the secret ingredient, if it would increase sensation more at a higher dose.
Yea exactly.. we need to find the secret ingredient and then to make it at a higher dose!

Although I will say that I think normal CBD makes me slightly number and less libido so maybe the Dosist wouldn’t work for me. I’ll try get hold of some anyway and give it a try!
Fatigue
Slightly blunted