This might be the key! Androgen function in the spotlight.

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Trazohell

Re: This might be the key! Androgen function in the spotlight.

Unread post by Trazohell »

vkn1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:18 pm I have had PSSD for 12 years and got it from either a Trazodone or Accutane. I took TRT for 4 years, trying all different methods with T levels set to everything from low to average to high. Never ONCE did I witness any benefit at all. Zero.

The idea that all we have is low hormone levels is not new. The first person who ever got PSSD, PFS, or PAS 20 or 30 years ago probably tried hormone therapy. If it has ever worked for anyone then that person probably simply had hypogonadism and not PSSD at all. Countless people here have tried hormone therapy and failed.
From Trazodone? We need to talk.
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
Northern_Star

Unread post by Northern_Star »

I think it is pretty clear that androgenic signaling is key here. We know this from PFS already:

- Finasteride is clearly an antiandrogen. It is very effective atlowering DHT levels. That's why it is somewhat effective in hairloss.
- People with PFS (and PSSD) show symptoms in tissue that are subject to androgenic signaling.
- In a study, symptom severity of PFS patients correlated with androgen Receptor Gene (CAG)n and (GGN)n length polymorphisms
- Studies have shown androgen receptor overexpression in penile tissue of PFS patients as well as in the brain of rats post-treatment with Finasteride.

Now, some people will say that Antidepressants are completely different than Finasteride, but that is not entirely true. Most antidepressants have antiandrogenic properties: https://www.propeciahelp.com/pfs-manife ... epressants

At Propeciahelp, we also have people who took Accutane, Lupron or Saw Palmetto who show pretty much the same symptoms. All these substances are antiandrogenic. There is an obvious connection here. Unfortunately, that does not mean that our hormones are out of whack and can be corrected by supplementation. It is not that easy. But to understand more, we need to all work together behind a common cause to investigate this condition.
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

Northern_Star wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:04 am I think it is pretty clear that androgenic signaling is key here. We know this from PFS already:

- Finasteride is clearly an antiandrogen. It is very effective atlowering DHT levels. That's why it is somewhat effective in hairloss.
- People with PFS (and PSSD) show symptoms in tissue that are subject to androgenic signaling.
- In a study, symptom severity of PFS patients correlated with androgen Receptor Gene (CAG)n and (GGN)n length polymorphisms
- Studies have shown androgen receptor overexpression in penile tissue of PFS patients as well as in the brain of rats post-treatment with Finasteride.

Now, some people will say that Antidepressants are completely different than Finasteride, but that is not entirely true. Most antidepressants have antiandrogenic properties: https://www.propeciahelp.com/pfs-manife ... epressants

At Propeciahelp, we also have people who took Accutane, Lupron or Saw Palmetto who show pretty much the same symptoms. All these substances are antiandrogenic. There is an obvious connection here. Unfortunately, that does not mean that our hormones are out of whack and can be corrected by supplementation. It is not that easy. But to understand more, we need to all work together behind a common cause to investigate this condition.
You are right, that is the only thing that make sense and is connect to all these substances. People should go more in this direction. TRT, Clomifen/Tamoxifen, Dexamethasone, ...
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
EASE

Unread post by EASE »

I am going to try TRT. Would doing a short test cycle (such as bodybuilders) of 8 weeks at 400-500mg weekly be beneficial or harmful?
Amisrableguy

Unread post by Amisrableguy »

EASE wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:50 pm I am going to try TRT. Would doing a short test cycle (such as bodybuilders) of 8 weeks at 400-500mg weekly be beneficial or harmful?
Harmful to high a dose will give u high estrogen! Depending on how much u weight go for around 250-350 mg that’s super high but still around trt limits! And make sure u inject Ed into same area shoulders preferably! Inject shoulders one day and stomach the next u will be looking at some crazy anxiety
Amisrableguy

Northern_Star wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:04 am I think it is pretty clear that androgenic signaling is key here. We know this from PFS already:

A lot of guys over at testosterone reddit recovered with trt had one guy tell me he had pssd for a whole year stayed on lexo anyways and couldn’t get hard whatsoever said trt fixed that all for him and he is still on lexo!
vkn1

Unread post by vkn1 »

Amisrableguy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:11 am

A lot of guys over at testosterone reddit recovered with trt had one guy tell me he had pssd for a whole year stayed on lexo anyways and couldn’t get hard whatsoever said trt fixed that all for him and he is still on lexo!
There seems to be a big boom of people on social media selling TRT. It’s like the latest fad after Amazon affiliate links, selling courses in random things for hundreds of dollars, CBD, etc. Apparently, there are people going everywhere on internet, offering discount codes, partnering with youtubers, etc selling TRT hookups and deals. It’s like the latest “career” for people who flunked out of high school and now chase internet get rich quick schemes.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Note that posts with name calling will be removed and bans will be given where needed...
Breathdeep

Unread post by Breathdeep »

@fuckthisscience
I think you might be onto something however my opinion is not scientific as I do not understand all the crazy geeky stuff everyone on here seems to know. Which I might say is extremely impressive and also sad as if the medical community took it seriously they may have funded reaserch and people wouldn't need to desperately reaserch biology.

I have some questions. I have very low libido and ED for five months now, since stopping ssri. My hormones are so called"normal" but boosting testosterone naturally with boron and pine pollen does help a bit. This to me points to trt being an option. Also, this may sound shallow but I'm extremely hairy already and after taking boron it's given me loads of unwanted hair, like More ear hair and so on. Does this mean TRT will make me even more hairy. If so is there a way to stop that?
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
Amisrableguy

:evil:
vkn1 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:18 pm
Amisrableguy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:11 am

There seems to be a big boom of people on social media selling TRT. It’s like the latest fad after Amazon affiliate links, selling courses in random things for hundreds of dollars, CBD, etc. Apparently, there are people going everywhere on internet, offering discount codes, partnering with youtubers, etc selling TRT hookups and deals. It’s like the latest “career” for people who flunked out of high school and now chase internet get rich quick schemes.
Vkn1 is extremelly naive about his situation he took the longest ester of trt was late on his injections(every 3 and. Half months)

I showed him people who had no results on the same protocols he used but he dosent listen

How come people who never took ssri nebido didn’t work for them because it’s a crappy forum of trt and why it’s not prescribed in the us cause it dosent work a majority of the time

Bro don’t come on these forums if u don’t wanna help urself or hurt people

Imagine if the 300 people who seen ur post thought trt didn’t work because u spread so much hate on it

If it wasn’t for me being the obsessive person I am and paying attention to detail the info u spread could have hurt people

Just like that other guy trazohell recovered with trt a couple months ago after nagging him for months and him listening to u say trt dosent work he finally gave in and look he recovered

U don’t listen homie

If trt worked for u in the beginning that’s a sign u just needed a better protocol I can give u serval people who said trt worked in the start and stopped working until protocol was adjusted

I have showed u plenty of evidence and another thing u said Hgh has nothing to do with out problem but it does

Hgh will physically grow ur brain look at Peyton Manning

It’s scientifically proven to grow new neurons in the brain the study they did it on was a guy with pssd so scientifically speaking Hgh would recover us all especially if something to do with neruons or gaba

That stuff is no joke in high doses!

And for u guy to delete my post is unbelievable the amount of wrong info this guy spread is absurd

He is very toxic and stubborn

Common sense would tell u this guy dosent have pssd

He said his only side effects are sexual again

For u guys to keep letting this guy spread this negativity is only gonna hurt people on these forums

He didn’t do things correctly and now rights them off for everyone

Hmm is trt was so ineffective than explain the 300 people over on steroids who recovered with all kinda of different compounds

U even said u had results(ur brain can’t even be permanently damged yesterday fine for a week and then back to damged)

This is basic common sense

in the beginning let me ask u this if neibido was such a effective protocol why is it not used more

I’m sure everyone would love to have to inject every 3 months instead of Ed

But that’s not how the body works

And for u to say people are trying to sell trt as scam is just downright naive it would cost me 100 bucks to make 8 year supply of testosterone

Way to cheap