This might be the key! Androgen function in the spotlight.

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Janie

Re: This might be the key! Androgen function in the spotlight.

Unread post by Janie »

iwantmylifeback wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:01 pm
Janie wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:18 am
iwantmylifeback wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:33 pm Any new updates here? I’m a woman about to start TRT.
Hi, could you tell what and in what dosage would you start? My dr didn't want to prescribe testosterone cream.
I haven’t gotten it yet. What’s the difference creams vs.
injection?
I think nothing really because everything absorbs through the skin as well, but I'm no expert, so if someone knows the answer please tell us. But the dosage should be definitely different for women, I would be interested in that
ryjoseph97

Unread post by ryjoseph97 »

I’m sorry to make this about myself but I figure someone here might know what my labs mean. They were drawn in a fasting state at 10am.

Testosterone: 357 (ref: 264-916)
DHEA: 391 (ref: 164-530)
Cortisol: 18.9 (ref: 6-19)
LDL-P: 1113
LDL-C 116

She screened for other things too. Notably, Iron (high), Vitamin D (low), Bilrubin (high), and ANA (Positive/homogenous).

Are there any conclusions I can draw from this?

I’m 24.
Markc1113

Unread post by Markc1113 »

What do you consider supraphysiological doses? I’ve been on trt for two years and I’m still not great. I’m also on hcg. My test levels are currently around 1400.
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

Taking huge doses of androgens upregulates the androgen receptors but doesnt un-silence genes that have been silenced (if they are, in theory). Dopamine receptors are massively important for the perception of pleasure, ambition, energy, libido. Hdac inhibitors and DNMT inhibitors would be interesting to try over time and demethylate genes that have been changed.
6-Eggs!

Unread post by 6-Eggs! »

Janie wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:15 pm
iwantmylifeback wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:01 pm
Janie wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:18 am

Hi, could you tell what and in what dosage would you start? My dr didn't want to prescribe testosterone cream.
I haven’t gotten it yet. What’s the difference creams vs.
injection?
I think nothing really because everything absorbs through the skin as well, but I'm no expert, so if someone knows the answer please tell us. But the dosage should be definitely different for women, I would be interested in that
I was on HRT in my early 20s for a completely different reason. Cream/gel does work but only if you take 2-3 times the recommended dose. I found testosterone implants to work best, the long term injectors spiked my T levels way too high and caused issues like mood swings and high estrogen levels. The implants were very steady and I made a full recovery from hypopituitarism. With the implants my T was hovering between 18-25 nmol/Dl and once I stopped my levels stayed at 21ish since. The normal range here in Aus is considered 10-30 nmol/Dl. My natural levels are smack bang in the middle.