This might be the key! Androgen function in the spotlight.

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Copper

Re: This might be the key! Androgen function in the spotlight.

Unread post by Copper »

garycooper wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:43 pm I’m still puzzled as of why SSRI cause hormonal receptor issues, and this might be the connection between PFS and PSSD.

Area1255_2021

Unread post by Area1255_2021 »

Makes sense Serotonin in general downregulates the Androgen receptors; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29133842/
Meanwhile, Androgens decrease serotonin via upregulation of SERT: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4109686/
...And suppression of Serotonin at spinal synapses to stimulate sexual activity: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 5780901215
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

I've been struggling for a while with my mental health (in addition to pssd..). I was considering possibly trying to re-instate an ssri, and do trt simultaneously. Then if there's improvement, taper off the ssri gradually while resuming the trt. Re-instating scares me, but its been 10 years without a recovery so i'm starting to think I don't have much to lose.

There's some reason a subset of people get pssd while most that take ssri's don't. It's pretty clear to me I have issues with testosterone/dopamine, as stims are the only things that give me libido and I cannot gain muscle that well at all. Maybe while ssri's open the door for massive changes in the body, having excess testosterone can give more favorable changes.
Area1255_2021

Unread post by Area1255_2021 »

Troskie wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:09 pm I've been struggling for a while with my mental health (in addition to pssd..). I was considering possibly trying to re-instate an ssri, and do trt simultaneously. Then if there's improvement, taper off the ssri gradually while resuming the trt. Re-instating scares me, but its been 10 years without a recovery so i'm starting to think I don't have much to lose.

There's some reason a subset of people get pssd while most that take ssri's don't. It's pretty clear to me I have issues with testosterone/dopamine, as stims are the only things that give me libido and I cannot gain muscle that well at all. Maybe while ssri's open the door for massive changes in the body, having excess testosterone can give more favorable changes.
Take Trintellix (Vortioxetine) then, its an SSRI with less sexual side-effects. You can treat Depression by maximizing DHT levels though.
Take Proviron[/b] or Masteron with your TRT. See if that works!!!
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

I was considering prozac actually (i heard the prozac / buspar success and was considering that too, if it didnt work then trt). I'll read up on Trintellix though, if it has less sexual side effects maybe that's best.

I actually would like to take primobolan / masteron based off what i've read. I don't have a reliable source for it though, and I don't think a doctor (in the US) can give it. I'm open to a DM of a source if you happen to have one.
iwantmylifeback

Unread post by iwantmylifeback »

Any new updates here? I’m a woman about to start TRT.
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

iwantmylifeback wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:33 pm Any new updates here? I’m a woman about to start TRT.
Hi, could you tell what and in what dosage would you start? My dr didn't want to prescribe testosterone cream.
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

I took very high doses of T during TRT because I had HCG to also take with it (prevents ball strinkage because of T and steriods, but I never did steriods). No increase in erections or libido at all, merely had stress relief. Sounds like a ok theory but I dont think you include allopregnanolone, the most important hormone for libido. And yes, doctors are clinically and criminally negligent regarding knowing anything about libido, or anything other than T. They push T and pde5 inhibitors and blaming your stress levels. O and one doctor assumed I just had harded arteries in my dick. I had an increase in libido from a healthy progesterone cream (which turns into allpregnanolone in the body).

Also, although I dont recemmend Ropinirole because of side effects, I took half a pill once and the next day 2x sensitivity in my penis and big increase in libido. Jerked off twice, no problem. Not much of benefits lasted tho. Had crazy blurry vision and heart pain as side effects. Never touching again.
iwantmylifeback

Janie wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:18 am
iwantmylifeback wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:33 pm Any new updates here? I’m a woman about to start TRT.
Hi, could you tell what and in what dosage would you start? My dr didn't want to prescribe testosterone cream.
Haven’t started yet
iwantmylifeback

Janie wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:18 am
I haven’t gotten it yet. What’s the difference creams vs.
injection?